Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Riding Across Australia

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    i'm moving.
    It's only a couple of highways that are unlimited and you have to be super-alert as you don't want to embed yourself in the side of a camel or steer at 220kph!

All very straight roads and boring as batshit. Me and a mate are doing a 'Lap' of Oz next year. Upon the north west 1,000 Km days are expected. There's a whole lot of nuthin' up there apart from scrub, mines, crocs and roadkill.......
    Professional Goat Burster.

Quote Originally Posted by pete roper View Post
    It's only a couple of highways that are unlimited and you have to be super-alert as you don't want to embed yourself in the side of a camel or steer at 220kph!

All very straight roads and boring as batshit. Me and a mate are doing a 'Lap' of Oz next year. Upon the north west 1,000 Km days are expected. There's a whole lot of nuthin' up there apart from scrub, mines, crocs and roadkill.......
    sounds perfect. no people.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

There are also very few corners and lots of wandering Fauna! (Edit: Just realised Pete covered that already )

Envious of your trip Bloodnutt! I love long distance touring, probably my favourite type of riding, but like you, the 2013 T isn’t quite as adept as the Guzzi Sport 1200 was with its 23L tank and 400K range. Those Fuel bladders that Stu_h provided a link to look perfect!
    Last edited by OZSLR; 11-21-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    2013 Tuono APRC ABS
    1982 LeMans Mk3

Always leave people better than you found them!
    Ever wondered what your life would be like if you chose trust rather than fear?

that WOULD be a negative of course. i do love the constant twisties here in the mountain areas. need to get back on the dirt bike anyway.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I've started to pack and realised I have more than enough space.
    Got myself a Air Hawk seat which seems good.
    Gonna look at a small hiking tent tomorrow so that I can stop were I want.
    I like the fuel bladders OZSLR but have already bought a hard 2 litre fuel container that fits well in my tank bag.
    New front tire today, but still have to do valve clearances, change fork oil, replace the swing arm bearings and oil change.
    I only have a dumb phone and camera so I won't post any pics while I'm away.
    I'm getting excited.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

plus one for the zelf contained bit. when i go out into the mtns. i pack the least possible. (three man tent actually means one man tent) and minimal tools, supplies. makes you come up with solutions on your own. provided you have survival basics. four days off ; gonna just go watch nature.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    plus one for the zelf contained bit. when i go out into the mtns. i pack the least possible. (three man tent actually means one man tent) and minimal tools, supplies. makes you come up with solutions on your own. provided you have survival basics. four days off ; gonna just go watch nature.
    ^^ you got it right!! Forget the 3 man tent though, all you need is a swag with rain protection.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Ride safe Bloodnut, that's going to be demanding ride, those long straights may test your mental concentration. Do you have music to listen to. I recommend AC/DC. High Way to Hell. What day date do you leave?
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

I read an story on a gal who toured AUS on a bike best thing she ever did was get a full length self inflaten mattress ,I agree it was great and I also picked up a 1 1/2 man tent so I did not have to fight with all my gear good nights sleep I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    Ride safe Bloodnut, that's going to be demanding ride, those long straights may test your mental concentration. Do you have music to listen to. I recommend AC/DC. High Way to Hell. What day date do you leave?
    Thanks Dave.
    Never had music to listen to riding and I'll keep it like that. Always got a song going in my head anyway.
    Highway to Hell doesn't seem appropriate, especially the last line - "And I'm going down"
    Leaving the first week of Dec or there abouts. Don't have to be anywhere at any time except back in Perth by Jan 8th.
    All the swags I've looked at plocky are to big and heavy but there's something attractive about sleeping under the stars.
    I'm trying to keep it simple CRMNL but that's not easy.
    Blow up mattress is on the shopping list maddad.
    Any of you blokes from the Eastern States think I'll need the baffles in my Akro slip ons to avoid attracting the cops?
    I don't need them here.
    Last edited by bloodnutt; 11-23-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnutt View Post
    Thanks Dave.
    Any of you blokes from the Eastern States think I'll need the baffles in my Akro slip ons to avoid attracting the cops?
    I don't need then here.
    if you come to queensland you probably will, harleys seem to get away with it, sportsbikes not so much..........
    seesecurity.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    if you come to queensland you probably will, harleys seem to get away with it, sportsbikes not so much..........
    Thanks yzr but I won't be getting that far north coz my QLD cousins are either dead or in jail.

If you're coming across from Adelaide on the direct route to Sydney feel free to drop in for a night in the fleshpots of Bungendore. We do a good pub, several decent eateries and a couple of motels only one of which is unspeakable! Call me if you get up this way.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

Quote Originally Posted by pete roper View Post
    If you're coming across from Adelaide on the direct route to Sydney feel free to drop in for a night in the fleshpots of Bungendore. We do a good pub, several decent eateries and a couple of motels only one of which is unspeakable! Call me if you get up this way.

Pete
    Thanks Pete.
    I'll be in Canberra for at least few days before Christmas and have friends at Foxlow and just outside Majors Creek.
    So I will be around your neck of the woods and would like to be reacquainted with Bungendore's fleshy bits.
    Will PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnutt View Post
    Thanks Dave.
    Never had music to listen to riding and I'll keep it like that. Always got a song going in my head anyway.
    Highway to Hell doesn't seem appropriate, especially the last line - "And I'm going down"
    Leaving the first week of Dec or there abouts. Don't have to be anywhere at any time except back in Perth by Jan 8th.
    All the swags I've looked at plocky are to big and heavy but there's something attractive about sleeping under the stars.
    I'm trying to keep it simple CRMNL but that's not easy.
    Blow up mattress is on the shopping list maddad.
    I don't need them here.
    i've used the blow up matts. i prefer a dense foam type bedroll. more consistent, durable.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast