Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I2M Chrome dash on non APRC?

I2M Chrome dash on non APRC?

As the title suggest I’m about to get the Chrome for my pre APRC bike (Davinci is now discontinued and I’m not sure I trust Starlane’s “Davinci 2 will be available in January”)

I2M say they don’t know any reason it wouldn’t work but they haven’t fitted it to a non APRC to their knowledge....

Has anyone on here done it?
    2009 R

Race ECU. Domino XM2, Shorty Akrapovic. Retro Fit APRC Qs. RCS 19 and RCS clutch perch
    HEL lines throughout. GiaMoto Rearsets, Puig, Pipercross Air filter. SC1 for road and Superbike Slick SC1/SC2 track

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Danfinarch View Post
    As the title suggest I’m about to get the Chrome for my pre APRC bike (Davinci is now discontinued and I’m not sure I trust Starlane’s “Davinci 2 will be available in January”)

I2M say they don’t know any reason it wouldn’t work but they haven’t fitted it to a non APRC to their knowledge....

Has anyone on here done it?
    https://www.facebook.com/RoadRacePerformanceShropshire/

Contact these guys they main dealers in the U.K. and know there stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert
    I've got an i2m chrome on mine. My bike is an 09 albeit with retrofitted aprc. The i2m chrome is listed as being for the aprc abs models and it works perfect on my none abs bike.
    I think you'll be fine.

apriliaforum expert
    And then you can retrofit the aprc elements at a later date too

Quote Originally Posted by ianofbhills View Post
    And then you can retrofit the aprc elements at a later date too
    Cheers Ian, I thought I remembered you’d fit one on yours
    2009 R

Race ECU. Domino XM2, Shorty Akrapovic. Retro Fit APRC Qs. RCS 19 and RCS clutch perch
    HEL lines throughout. GiaMoto Rearsets, Puig, Pipercross Air filter. SC1 for road and Superbike Slick SC1/SC2 track

Yes, it does work a charm even in non-aprc bikes. you will not get infoes about aprc sensors but that's it

Just be sure to update your ECU to one of my map with TPS channels restored back in Can line if you wanna log throttle openings.
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    Just be sure to update your ECU to one of my map with TPS channels restored back in Can line if you wanna log throttle openings.
    I do have one of your ECUs in my bike actually, is there a way I can tell if that’s available in it?
    2009 R

apriliaforum expert
    Something that bugs me about the chrome is you can't select speed and temp units independently.
    It's either metric with speed in kmh and temp in Celsius.
    Or it's imperial with speed in mph and temp in Fahrenheit.

We're a bit weird in the UK in that our speeds are in mph but our temp is Celsius. I emailed i2m about it and they said it wasn't possible.
    Last edited by ianofbhills; 11-12-2017 at 06:08 AM.

Something that bugs me about the chrome is you can't select speed and temp units independently.
    Hmmmmmm not ideal, looks like I’ll dyno tape the limit of Fahrenheit next to it then
    2009 R

Ok any help appreciated.... dash is fitted and works fine. Dash I believe registers it’s not an APRC and just lists TC and ABS as “off”. Map info, temp, etc all showing so I “assume” Canbus is fine. No faults at ECU via GuzziDiag.

Bike won’t start.

Turn ignition on bike does it’s clicking but not the whirring as the fuel pump/exhaust valve etc prime up.

Now..... when fitting the battery terminals, I dropped the spanner, must’ve bridged the terminals cos caused a spark. My initial thoughts are starter relay cooked? Can’t be the 30amp as I have power.

The guy who sells the dash said I would need to have the exhaust servo removed, but shouldn’t stop the bike starting..... any thoughts?
    2009 R

apriliaforum expert
    Does it still start with your old dash fitted?

Does it still start with your old dash fitted?
    No, an update is I had an aftermarket starter switch which I swapped for OEM and the bike will turn over (if sluggish) but still won’t fire up. The dash is showing 11.8v for the battery which I would have thought enough to start the bike?

I have done this cycle a few times and Guzzidiag isn’t showing any faults. I’m going to juice the battery over night and see what happens. Did your dash eradicate that start up sequence on
    yours too Ian?
    2009 R

apriliaforum expert
    No mine operates just like it did. The reason I asked if it was ok on your old dash was because your old dash has the immobiliser and your ecu is looking for an ok signal from the dash before it will allow it to start. If it’s still not working on your old dash it’s obviously a different issue and I2m do say the dash is plug and play so you would never have that problem. I’ve got gabros corse based mapping on my ecu which deletes the ecu immobiliser so wasn’t sure.

Report back after you’ve charged the battery, it’s really cold now my guess is it’s just the battery after you’ve drained it shorting it out with a spanner

shorting it out with a spanner
    I think I should have written “shorted out BY a spanner...... me”
    2009 R

Immo issues do not let the bike even crank on starter

Dan while you're on guzzidiag, check actual map code loaded in your ECU, older maps had some problems starting the bike with low battery (were not able to detect spark/ignition timing windows)
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast