Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 899 Panigale - New Jersey

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDR View Post
    Appreciate the explanation for myself and others. Having been on this forum for over 14 yrs I have read many stories of members being ripped off. Thus the disclaimer at the top (which most do not read). So when I see these type of posts it bothers me a little. Just trying to look out for members so no hard feelings.

Obviously looking at your bike pics you are a person who takes a lot of pride in your machines and I hope it finds a good home. Hopefully you can locate a decent 550 I believe they are becoming a little on the rare side to find however so good luck with your search.
    Thank you. I totally get where you are coming from, and as a member now, I appreciate you looking out for other members, so no hard feelings in return. Every vehicle I have ever owned has been treated the same, with care and respect.

I know the SXVs are getting hard to find. There is one that I was ready to travel 4.5 hours in each direction to go get, but reality set in. I just cannot pull the trigger without selling my bike first. It is not so much a financial concern, (to me, not my wife, LOL) but more of a place to keep it in the garage. So I opted to hold off and wait until I can sell my bike, realizing I am passing on a really nice SXV. I realize it is really not a good time to sell, so I most likely will be seriously searching in the spring after the 899 sells. At which time I am sure I will be far more active on this forum.

Sorry for the oversight...I have updated my forum profile.
    Last edited by tgodon13; 11-14-2017 at 08:08 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgodon13 View Post
    Thank you. I totally get where you are coming from, and as a member now, I appreciate you looking out for other members, so no hard feelings in return. Every vehicle I have ever owned has been treated the same, with care and respect.

I know the SXVs are getting hard to find. There is one that I was ready to travel 4.5 hours in each direction to go get, but reality set in. I just cannot pull the trigger without selling my bike first. It is not so much a financial concern, (to me, not my wife, LOL) but more of a place to keep it in the garage. So I opted to hold off and wait until I can sell my bike, realizing I am passing on a really nice SXV. I realize it is really not a good time to sell, so I most likely will be seriously searching in the spring after the 899 sells. At which time I am sure I will be far more active on this forum.

If there is a good deal on a nice SXV, go get it, you will regret not doing so.

Like you said, it's a very bad time to sell, esp. in NJ. Sure people can travel or ship, but there's usually a decent amount of Duc's available closer.

Assume yours is listed on some Duc forums. If not, I would also post it on craigslist, ebay, cycle trader. Have to weed out the tire kickers, but you never know where the potential buyers are/will see it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphcor View Post
    If there is a good deal on a nice SXV, go get it, you will regret not doing so.

Like you said, it's a very bad time to sell, esp. in NJ. Sure people can travel or ship, but there's usually a decent amount of Duc's available closer.

Assume yours is listed on some Duc forums. If not, I would also post it on craigslist, ebay, cycle trader. Have to weed out the tire kickers, but you never know where the potential buyers are/will see it.

Yes, I have it listed on CL, CycleTrader, the 899 Forum, and in the street bike section of Racebikemart.com. Had someone very interested, but in the same boat as me and needs to sell his bike first before buying another.

Feedback Score
    Try Ducati.ms too. It's a great forum.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, FatDuc, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO on order...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rule62 View Post
    Try Ducati.ms too. It's a great forum.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Yes, I am a member of that forum, the 899 Forum is a "sister site" of Ducati.ms.

Thanks...

Feedback Score
    For what is's worth I have 2 SXV's and a 899, all for track use only.

I wouldn't sell or trade any of them!! Love all the bikes regardless of marque.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    For what is's worth I have 2 SXV's and a 899, all for track use only.

I wouldn't sell or trade any of them!! Love all the bikes regardless of marque.
    So what you are saying is you need a second 899 so that you have two of each...LOL

With my son in college, my budget does not allow for me to have multiple bikes, and my track days are LONG gone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgodon13 View Post

You probably don't want to deal with trying to buy that SXV anyway. I'm well aware of the one you're talking about from the other forum and I have tried to seriously buy it four times now over the past 2 months.

Seller strung me along like we were going to deal and I spent time and money preparing in ways to make the 450 mile trek to get it. Sudden stories of a lost title the night before I was to get it and then him waiting around for higher than asking price potential craigslist offers set off a lot of flags and rubbed me the wrong way. Somehow getting deeper into fall closing in on winter adds a $800 premium to the price of a bike?? Lol...

Anyway, nice duc.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, although it seemed like a deal, something was telling me not to do it. I'd really prefer a 2009-2011 anyway. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12