Thread: Ecu Map OEM Caponord 1200

Ecu Map OEM Caponord 1200

Hello everyone.
    I have a Caponord 1200 with SC Project exhaust without DB Killer and custom reprogramming. I'm really not happy with the result, because I get the feeling that with the original exhaust the bike enjoyed more low and medium, and the same high.
    Do you know where you can get ECU Map OEM files for Caponord 1200?
    I searched the internet and found nothing. In my old Triumph I could find all the maps over the internet without problems.

I'm really very comfortable with the bike, but its jerks at low revolutions have not been solved.

1. I placed the optimizer with resonator, and its map in official workshop. The result was fatal. The motorbike had lost potency, without tightening the pulls.

2. Place the SC Project + exhaust reprogramming to medium. The result has been better, but I still do not like it.

I would like to try again the original map, to then place the serial exhaust and do a custom reprogramming with the serial exhaust.

Let's see if anyone can help me get the original maps of the ECU.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by rafaani View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I have a Caponord 1200 with SC Project exhaust without DB Killer and custom reprogramming. I'm really not happy with the result, because I get the feeling that with the original exhaust the bike enjoyed more low and medium, and the same high.
    Do you know where you can get ECU Map OEM files for Caponord 1200?
    I searched the internet and found nothing. In my old Triumph I could find all the maps over the internet without problems.

I'm really very comfortable with the bike, but its jerks at low revolutions have not been solved.

1. I placed the optimizer with resonator, and its map in official workshop. The result was fatal. The motorbike had lost potency, without tightening the pulls.

2. Place the SC Project + exhaust reprogramming to medium. The result has been better, but I still do not like it.

I would like to try again the original map, to then place the serial exhaust and do a custom reprogramming with the serial exhaust.

Let's see if anyone can help me get the original maps of the ECU.
    Go to the man in Italy - http://www.gabroracingteam.it/ money required.
    Or try this - from Italy - http://www.dimsport.it/en/rapidbike/evo/ money required
    The maps are not freely available - the 7SM ECU is pretty secure.

The only maps available via your dealer are as supplied by Aprilia - map no resonator, map with resonator. Only the latest versions are available, Aprilia delete the previous ones. The dealers have nothing 'on file', it's all done on-line via PADS straight to the ECU.

Ok. Thanks. I see this web´s

apriliaforum expert
    Since you're in Spain I would be taking a trip to see Gabro as RSTman suggested

i've never tested/tuned an SC-like exhaust... all my tunes are made on the stock or Arrow exhaust that retain the ex-valve.

BTW i've just started to tune those ex-valves... there's a new whole world here!

ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    BTW i've just started to tune those ex-valves... there's a new whole world here!
    There's an even better one if ya just tear the whole lot off and throw it away.
    The Delicate Sound of Thunder

a huge portion of riders here and in middle-europe are tired of noise and to fear police stopping you on an aftermaket exhaust :/
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    a huge portion of riders here and in middle-europe are tired of noise and to fear police stopping you on an aftermaket exhaust :/
    I agree and my days of noisy bikes are far behind me. Police here don't have a sensor of humour so it's not worth creating problems for yourself.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    I agree and my days of noisy bikes are far behind me. Police here don't have a sensor of humour so it's not worth creating problems for yourself.
    I know I'm probably in a minority but I've never been a fan of loud exhausts, bikes or cars. The Caponord makes a very nice noise indeed with the stock set up IMO.

I am a little offended by those who feel the need to ride or drive modified vehicles with little or no silencing. This not only annoys residents but also adds power to the anti car and bike brigade (I actually believe some are anti private transport vehicles period). You only have to look at how they are using the diesel pollution argument to try and get vehicles off the roads here in the UK. At the very least they will put up costs in the form of extra taxation and vehicle depreciation. A lot of hysteria is achieved through propaganda in the media rather than actual facts, the word diesel is always now accompanied by the word polluting. If we all end up on electric bikes you will have to ride in silence!

apriliaforum Member coolonthecoast's Avatar
    It is a bit strange, I like the sound my bike's engine makes and yet most of the time I wear earplugs on the bike. OK, I know the wind noise is probably a bigger issue regarding deafness than the exhaust sound when riding, but it does seem a bit odd. There's no doubt, times they are a changing, I think Euro 5 will cause big problems for bike and car manufacurers alike. On your point about anti social vehicle noise RSTman, the thing that gets my goat are those f**king idiots who drive up and down the High St and you can hear their Stereo as if you were sat in the car yourself! And its not just teenagers with their caps on the wrong way around, I even saw a mother with a youngster in a car seat driving along with the Radio on full blast. The poor kid will be stone deaf before he/she is 21! End of rant!!

As battery technology improves and they are able to produce more power from lighter units, there is no doubt the Internal Combustion Engine will meet its Waterloo, just like the External combustion Steam engine did, but I think they will be around for a fair few years yet and probably see me out.
    1200 Capo Travel Pack and a '85 Honda VF1000RF.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by coolonthecoast View Post
    On your point about anti social vehicle noise RSTman, the thing that gets my goat are those f**king idiots who drive up and down the High St and you can hear their Stereo as if you were sat in the car yourself! And its not just teenagers with their caps on the wrong way around, I even saw a mother with a youngster in a car seat driving along with the Radio on full blast. The poor kid will be stone deaf before he/she is 21! End of rant!!
    Yeah what is it with the 'my ICE system is louder than yours' idiots? Do they wind the windows down cos it's too loud for them? Why not just turn the effing stereo down? If they think I'm impressed then they are sadly mistaken, I just think t**t. Same with after market car exhausts, not only too loud but mostly they sound awful - look at me, I paid money to make my car sound like a fart! We often visit Shrewsbury, a nice historic town. While walking round the centre you often see, and hear, the same idiots driving through several times over. Why?