Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WSB final at Qatar

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    The team needs riders to bring money..........Kyle Ryde had to pay an absolute fortune to secure his seat on a 600 there this year and they couldn't keep up with the instalments so support dwindled, his performance and self confidence suffered and eventually they pulled the plug on him before the season ended. The family are now left with an enormous debt as Puccetti still wants his money.

I'm guessing Sylvain can't come up with a big enough wedge to buy his ride and the young Turk is Kenan's protégé so he'll have his costs covered.

It's a savage world this racing around in circles on a motorcycle.....as Bonn Scott put it, 'its a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll!'

Sylvain is being linked to a Suzuki MotoGP factory tester role. He is an excellent and intelligent rider, I think he's a great choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Sylvain is being linked to a Suzuki MotoGP factory tester role. He is an excellent and intelligent rider, I think he's a great choice.
    He's already been doing that for a while but if he still needs his competitive fix downside is no racing other than occasional wildcards - this season he's had GP testing + a couple of Motogp races standing in for Rins, the last couple of WSBK races for Puccetti and a full season in BSB. His performance in BSB on the new Suzuki has generally been pretty poor other than on the world championship tracks like Silverstone & Assen, the old UK tracks are an acquired taste and pretty scary if you are used to corners with run-off and I don't think he's comfortable on them at all. He's been shown his arse all season long by young Bradley Ray on a lower spec Suzuki (Sylvain's was a development bike with factory input) so its not entirely certain that ride would be offered again even if he wanted it.

Maybe he'll stay home and produce more kids, I think they're up to 5 now!

Looks like we've filled our quota of Sylvain's in BSB now anyway..........Sylvain Barrier is joining the Smith's BMW team so Guinters is surplus to requirements.

Maybe he'll be headed for MotoAmerica, wasn't Barrier over there earlier in the season?

Incidentally you may find a certain James Ellison looking for a ride over there at the end of 2018, as it stands he's headed over to take up permanent residence at the end of next season. As I understand it his wife has already moved back (she's American, heiress to the Monster Energy empire?) and is setting up home.

Getting used to a brand new and unsorted bike, BSB's lower tech level, and new race tracks is a pretty full plate even for a World Superbike champion like Guintoli. And if Colin Edwards said having a kid costs one second per lap how much deficit with FIVE? Sylvain also married very well, so that may be a factor too. All the same, he is a class dude, smart, smooth and fast.

Ellison? James Ellison? Coming to Moto America? Too funny. That will get some knees a-knockin'!

Yes, Barrier was here on a BMW and was nowhere at all.

Los Angeles, California via Lincoln, England.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Looks like we've filled our quota of Sylvain's in BSB now anyway..........Sylvain Barrier is joining the Smith's BMW team so Guinters is surplus to requirements.

Maybe he'll be headed for MotoAmerica, wasn't Barrier over there earlier in the season?

Incidentally you may find a certain James Ellison looking for a ride over there at the end of 2018, as it stands he's headed over to take up permanent residence at the end of next season. As I understand it his wife has already moved back (she's American, heiress to the Monster Energy empire?) and is setting up home.
    I met James a couple of times when he was in AMA a few years ago. Came across as a pretty decent bloke.
    I'd rather play rugby and loose than play football and win.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Getting used to a brand new and unsorted bike, BSB's lower tech level, and new race tracks is a pretty full plate even for a World Superbike champion like Guintoli.
    The tracks weren't new to him, he's raced BSB for crescent Suzuki a few seasons ago.

SG raced BSB in 2009 but missed six of twelve rounds with a broken tibia and fibia.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234