Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP Valencia finale

apriliaforum expert craigo298er's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02RSVVT View Post
    It's really fucking sad that so many even think an attack of Marc is possible. Whole world is going to shit.
    Oh we're just joking. Calm your tits

apriliaforum expert
    It's really fucking sad that so many even think an attack of Marc is possible. Whole world is going to shit.
    Possible? Rossi has already proved it's possible, because he did it once before at Sepang in 2015. The only question is Rossi vindictive enough to do it again and put the black mark on his career? IMHO, I don't think Rossi will do it because he has plenty of time to ponder the outcome. At Sepang, in the heat of the moment, his temper won over his judgment.
    Hoosier, not hoser.
    2000.5 Mille R - Ti Shotguns & lots of Evo shtuff
    2016 Tuono 1100 Factory

Sad!!!!! Really? As to possible, were you watching GP's in 97? If you were, you may remember a fellow now responsible for rider safety, Capirossi, ramming Harada's bike from behind, sending him off the track and gifting the championship to said rammer!!!! No one here I've seen has advocated any such action, but when it comes to World Championships, ANYTHING can happen in the heat of battle.
    Gen 1 Tuono - On loan to a friend who will ride her.
    Tuono V4
    CBR954RR Trackie
    Vespa GTS300 - Sold to a family who will love her.

Attack and attack. There is no love lost between some riders and very hard moves are likely to be seen. Causing a collision deliberately is another story. You risk your bones and your life so I do not expect to see any of that.
    Mille Aarrr -02 & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

Go Dovi ,Oh wait there is still a week to go.

My blood runs VR46 yellow. That said, I can't imagine him trying to torpedo/crash MM, but I can totally see him returning the favor from a few years ago: I can see him getting in front of Marc and being an insufferable pain in the ass to get around. Look Vale isn't in the hunt for the championship, so in one way, he shouldn't interfere with the race. But, if he can get in front of Marquez and run interference for Dovi and Ducati to bring the championship home, I bet he'll do it. And, I wouldn't blame him. Forza Italia!!!!
    I find tinsel very distracting.

you know, i actually don't see him doing that. i see his mindset changing recently.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

a) Is the Yamaha fast enough to allow VR to keep passing/repassing MM the way MM did to him a couple years back? b) To have an effect on the championship, VR would have to keep MM from finishing, or at least keep him way way back; costing MM 3rd or 4th place wouldn't make a difference the way it did two years ago when the roles were reversed.
    Beware the festive dog; drive soothingly over the grease-mud, for therein lies the skid demon.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming in terror, like his passengers -- Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    you know, i actually don't see him doing that. i see his mindset changing recently.
    I think you're right. But old grudges die hard in Italia..................

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    a) Is the Yamaha fast enough to allow VR to keep passing/repassing MM the way MM did to him a couple years back? b) To have an effect on the championship, VR would have to keep MM from finishing, or at least keep him way way back; costing MM 3rd or 4th place wouldn't make a difference the way it did two years ago when the roles were reversed.
    I'm not saying that VR can actually change the outcome of the championship. BUT, if it's dry, and he has the chance to be at the front, I think he'll do everything that he can to run up front. If that means bein a pain in MM's ass, then I think that he won't have any problem obliging. Sure the Yamaha might not be the best package, but I can see Vale burning the tires off mid-race, fighting with Marc in the spirit of "having a good battle, wink, wink" while Dovi does his best to get away at the front. Maybe Marc crashes, maybe he doesn't. But, if the field leaves the championship battle to a fight between MM, JL, DP, and Dovi, I think we all can agree that the Repsol Honda's have a good chance of taking the race and the championship. If the rest of the Italians get involved, put their best efforts forth to keep Marquez fighting through the field, then at least Dovi will have a chance at winning, and that's all anybody can ask of him. Plus, nobody will admit to it because of the chaos that ensued after the "Malaysia Incident", but I think the paddock was secretly on VR's side: they don't think MM should have gotten involved in the championship battle, so I'm not sure that some of the racers, especially the Italians in VR46's camp (Iannone, Petrucci, etc) won't fall in line and do their best to covertly help Dovi when they probably wouldn't have gotten involved before. Dovi is a super likeable guy. He's basically been a bride's maid his whole career, and likely won't get another chance like this to win a championship. I totally can see the paddock helping him win vs. letting Marc run away with ANOTHER championship.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    For Dovi this weekend is simple, he just has to focus on winning if he possibly can, that's it.

On the other hand Marc has a more complicated set of circumstances to deal with.........first he needs to get thro' practice/qualifying and the race without crashing & injuring himself, sooner or later his propensity for crashing is going to bite him on the arse and worst case scenario he could sustain an injury that prevented him from racing. Then he has to control his desire to win at all costs, especially for the championship in front of the home crowd.....you can bet he'll want to be on the podium at the very least, pretty much all racers that win a championship by playing safe would prefer to do it in style and going back to your team garage rather than parc ferme after tiptoeing around to finish 10th is not something I could imagine Marc being happy to do. Then he's got to contend with the riders he's not used to dealing with regularly if he choses to trundle around back down the field....they've got their own agendas, teams, sponsors etc to satisfy its not their problem if he's in amongst them.

But realistically I can only see this going one way, much as I would love Dovi to pull it off I can't see Marc having a meltdown like Rossi did in 2006, and I can't see the conspiracy theories playing out either, it'd be pretty obvious if Rossi decided to deliberately obstruct Marquez and other than pleasing the fanatical yellow brigade it would do nothing but damage to his personal reputation and for many reconfirm their opinion that he is, or can be, a dirty rider.

Petrucci can play his part, as can Lorenzo and other Ducati riders, to get between Marquez & Dovi, and if they are in a position to do so I would expect them to try, ditto with Pedrosa and the other Honda riders, but I hope and expect it to be a clean race and the best man win without any outside influence.

VDM is filling in for Folger again, will be interesting to see if he improves.

Unless Marc crashes and gets hurt in practice/qualifying I don't him having to fight through the field. Doubtful that Roscoe/Vinny will be in a position to hassle him. And if he decides to play it safe mid pack there is always a spot around 8th+- that has a 6-12 second hole in the field. I see him on the podium after a smokeshow and throwing some shit into the crowd[so I hope].

The In Your Mind clips of Dovi and Marc on MotoGP are cool to watch, like what they did.
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    It's not the Motocross of Nations and gp racers tend to be selfish individuals and aren't team players. There will be no Italy Vs Spain pact.
    If ianone were to knock Marc off then it's because he's a reckless cun£ , just ask Dovi, he's been on the receiving end himself

VDM is filling in for Folger again. . . .
    So, the Italians are bringing in Dutch Mercenaries for the hit.....

If the racing will be as tight as it was in Philip Island, I think we all win.

I hope Dovi wins the Championship, but I think my money's going to be on the Joker.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by JedB View Post
    So, the Italians are bringing in Dutch Mercenaries for the hit.....

If the racing will be as tight as it was in Philip Island, I think we all win.

I hope Dovi wins the Championship, but I think my money's going to be on the Joker.
    Hmmm, so you want to make the usual wager??
    Driving Force at ducatitoolrental.com
    Motorcycles: a celebration of the human condition.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast