Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aprilia Touring/Adventure bikes - The future?

apriliaforum Member
    http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2017/...-v85-at-eicma/

and so the new moto guzzi is out. They decided to go small from the Stelvio. Doesn't look bad. Dollars to donuts this is what aprilia will do too. Take the Dorsoduro 900 and rally it up a bit.

slightly disappointing as a big 1200 twin is a lot of fun. guess I'll be hanging onto the capo for years.

apriliaforum Member coolonthecoast's Avatar
    I like the look of that Guzzi.
    1200 Capo Travel Pack and a '85 Honda VF1000RF.

Down 45 ponies from my Capo Rally? That's a very high price to pay for "heritage".

apriliaforum Member
    agreed. the capo rally keeps looking better and better!

no new aprilia this year. just the 125cc enduros.

Slightly worrisome. Now that Kawasaki is showing off a supercharged sport tourer my desire for a FuTuono has morphed into a FuTurbo. Just let it happen, Piaggio.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I have a 2015 Caponord and I love it...I don't understand this company. They make a great bike that could have competed with Ducati and they don't promote it. It best the Ducati on everything except hp...Ducati just updated the multi putting in the engine from there cruiser to give it more torque something Capo already had....Aprilia should have just put there v4 in the Capo to meet euro 4 and then promote it has first sport touring bike with a v4, tune it like the Tuono and they would kill Ducati at there own game!

I agree. I was at AF1 getting my Guzzi serviced last week, and took the opportunity to test the 900 Shiver which is being talked about as a possible adventure tourer base bike for Aprilia. It is a fine, and entirely capable motorcycle, but in no way compares the the grunt you get from the Capo. I might have one as a city commuter, but would be reluctant to choose one as the basis to replace the Capo. The Tuono engine in a sport touring or adventure chassis, now we're talking. I'd be first in line. I've even considered the Tuono as my next bike, just have to figure out a way to set it up for light touring!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Current: 2015 Caponord, 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
    Gone: 2009 Aprilia Mana 850,
    2001 Aprilia Scarabeo 50,
    2002 Futura

apriliaforum prov-nov
    The v4 is the future for motorcycle engines...Ducati, Honda, who knows who's next. And once they start using that engine for one bike it will trickle down into others. Most motorcycle companies are making bin bikes anyway,
    Sharing engines other parts especially Ducati. Its the best way to maximize profit...

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    The v4 is the future for motorcycle engines...Ducati, Honda, who knows who's next. And once they start using that engine for one bike it will trickle down into others. Most motorcycle companies are making bin bikes anyway,
    As we know, Aprilia have that stonking V4 motor available, all the development work is done, I'm not suggesting its simply a case of bolting a V4 set up for torque rather than top end power into a Caponord chassis, but as bin bikes go, its got to be a possibility.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    My Capo only has 7,000 miles on it so I have some time to see what happens. But it looks like Aprilia is content to making there money selling scooters even though they had bike of the year in 2017 with the tuono...the prices of Ducatis are getting ridiculous and they make there money on Scramblers. A bike that does nothing really well for ten grand. And the new Multistrada is going for 22,000 plus, there second highest seller....Aprilia has an opportunity here to make a new Capo with there v4, throw in there lastest electronic package and they could sell them for the prices they were selling old caponord and kill it!...or every year they have to discount there bikes big time to get rid of them or discontinue the bike because it's not selling..

I totally agree with your sentiments Angelo, it appears Aprilia need some decent marketing people on board and let the R & D guys/gals roll out some interesting concepts in the adventure/touring bike sector amongst others.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I bought my 2015 Capo in may of 2016 for 10300.00, new!...good for me bad for Aprilia...not very likely I'll get a deal like that on anything again...but there starting to discounting 2017 tuonos already. They didn't make any changes to Tuono really for 2018, but they will for 2019. Probably some kind of ADD and some other updates. And if Aprilia doesn't make something as least as good as my Caponord I'll go with the Tuono....and have some real fun!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    My Capo only has 7,000 miles on it so I have some time to see what happens. But it looks like Aprilia is content to making there money selling scooters even though they had bike of the year in 2017 with the tuono...the prices of Ducatis are getting ridiculous and they make there money on Scramblers. A bike that does nothing really well for ten grand. And the new Multistrada is going for 22,000 plus, there second highest seller....Aprilia has an opportunity here to make a new Capo with there v4, throw in there lastest electronic package and they could sell them for the prices they were selling old caponord and kill it!...or every year they have to discount there bikes big time to get rid of them or discontinue the bike because it's not selling..
    Sorry but I can't help myself. The word in your context is their, not there

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    Sorry but I can't help myself. The word in your context is their, not there
    Simply shocking. I can't find the words. Their are far to many spelling and grammatical errors in the posts on hear. l expect the culprits to clean up there act in future.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by RSTman View Post
    Simply shocking. I can't find the words. Their are far to many spelling and grammatical errors in the posts on hear. l expect the culprits to clean up there act in future.

haha yesh itss terryble!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast