Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2011 MV Agusta F4

apriliaforum expert

My 2011 MV Agusta F4

Hi all. Since I was here in 2015 I've acquired what was always my dream bike - an MV Agusta. I test rode a 2008 F1000R, a 1078 F4 and finally a 2011 (so the current shape) F4.

The last one blew my mind and I couldn't buy it fast enough. The previous owner went nuts on it, so it was fitted with a titanium Bodis exhaust, a K&N filter to match, carbon fibre everywhere possible, and heaps of Moto Corse bits. MV's are a bit tight in the leg room department, so the addition of footpeg plates (incredibly pretty for such a basic item) made it a lot easier for 6'2 me.

And the noise. Oh my God - the noise. There is nothing in this world, apart from maybe an early F1 car, that sounds like this bike. Aprilia's V4 sounds good - believe me, this sounds better. It's a low brup brup brup at idle, and it builds to a scream which is just - incredible. The titanium turns a nice blue as well. Standard they make 186 hp, with the pipe and filter this should be in the mid 190's. It's fast up to 10,000, then all hell breaks loose and it's truly scary. Even though it's an inline four, it doesn't feel or sound anything like a Jap thou. It's angry, violent, just a bloody beast.

Handling wise, it's beautiful. Feels so nimble yet stable. It doesn't have Ohlins, but the Marzocchi front and Sachs rear feel top shelf. MV gear their bikes a bit shorter than other 1000's, so it's very usable around town apart from the incredible heat it pumps out. If I see a redlight, I do a u-turn! Sitting stationary cooks my arse.

Anyway, I won't sell it. It's just amazing.

apriliaforum expert

apriliaforum expert
    Really nice pics

apriliaforum expert
    And some more MV spam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Junkie
    Very nice, probably my favourite looker. I'd have one except for the poor dealer support around here.

Cheers

That's gotta be one of the nicest looking bikes ever made!

apriliaforum expert frogfeaturesFZR's Avatar
    Just stunning !
    Whatungarongaro te tangata toitū te whenua

Man shall disappear, but the land always remains

apriliaforum Junkie
    Beautiful machine!
    Instagram: 0p3ragh0st

apriliaforum expert
    MV do it so well. Every part seems to be made to complement the whole. The pegs have 'MV' cast into them, the bars do too, and even the master cylinder reservoirs are shaped, rather than just looking like a plastic flower pot like every other bike.
    When I'm not using it, it sits in my lounge. And I just look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Member matttthemingus's Avatar
    Beautiful machine, sir.
    2015 RSV4 APRC R ABS

Fiend, it's interesting to me that you rode two of the first gen F4s but liked the second gen better.

How does it feel compared to the F4 1000 and 1078? The 1078 especially had a ton of power, but you feel as though the 2011 bike has more? Bodis exhaust on either is indeed incredible. Might that have made a difference in your choice?

I bought an '05 F4 1000S with 339 miles on it five years ago. Have since sold it to fund a project, but I did love that bike. Even with just a cat-less mid pipe and stock exhaust it had an amazing sound. Made 161.78 horsepower at a local dyno day.

Thanks,

John
    2008 RSV 1000 R, platinum/charcoal/red
    Akrapovic full system, NERA top triple clamp, Aprilia accessory rear sets, AF1 Ti bolt kit, etc. etc...

2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport, black... and stock for now

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red
    Showa forks, Sachs shocks, Termignoni kit, lots more

apriliaforum expert norcolmille's Avatar
    beautiful bike and yes I bet on a warm day those pipes will cook your arse ...
    present
    Now a Gen2 "Factory" Tuono
    Last "Nera" RSVR sold to a good home pictured

5 past Apes and other rides too numerous to mention

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrewG View Post
    Fiend, it's interesting to me that you rode two of the first gen F4s but liked the second gen better.

How does it feel compared to the F4 1000 and 1078? The 1078 especially had a ton of power, but you feel as though the 2011 bike has more? Bodis exhaust on either is indeed incredible. Might that have made a difference in your choice?

I bought an '05 F4 1000S with 339 miles on it five years ago. Have since sold it to fund a project, but I did love that bike. Even with just a cat-less mid pipe and stock exhaust it had an amazing sound. Made 161.78 horsepower at a local dyno day.

Thanks,

John
    Hi John. My choice was influenced by a few factors. This one was in the State and easier to get to. The other ones I'd ridden had already sold, or were a bloody long drive to get to again. Also, they were pretty close to standard. When I added up the price of this bike and the cost of all the mods, it was a no brainer.

Power wise, I can honestly say that all of the 1000cc MV's make more power than I can use unless I'm on a race track with a very long straight! The 1078 felt torquey but the 2011 isn't too far behind, especially with the Bodis fitted.

All of the MV's are so beautiful. If I'd seen a 1078 loaded with extras like this one was, I'd have been just as happy to buy that!

apriliaforum expert
    adjacent the twisty roads of the Adelaide Hills
    Beautiful bike. I could well be wrong but 1st pic looks like the road between Blewitt Springs & Clarendon..

apriliaforum expert
    Spot on mate. I had about 45 seconds before a livestock truck came belting up the road! Photo turned out quite well considering I was shitting myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast