Thread: FS:2001 Falco few mods, no damage, Denver, CO area $2,500

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score

FS:2001 Falco few mods, no damage, Denver, CO area $2,500

I bought the bike (my 3rd Ape) a little over a year ago from the second owner. Runs great but has a few minor issues typical of Falcos such as: plastic QD needs replacing, has low charging rate at higher rpms (needs wiring mod), swollen fuel cell (not leaking from fuel pump seal and still bolts into place), Had a problem with the kill switch being dirty but that has been fixed. Still has the original rear shock which we all know is shite.
    It has Aprilia carbon cans (there is a small vertical scrape near the front of the right can that can be seen in the pics) and is chipped, AM matching rider and pillion saddles (OEM rider saddle included), 2" risers (upper fairing has been cut by the previous owner to accommodate but the end of the levers just barely touch the mirrors at full turn). Bar end mirrors (included) were on it when purchased (probably due to limited visibility in OEM mirrors from risers) but were removed for easier lane filtering (new bar-end weights installed).
    The bike has 20,300 miles on it, 2,500 of which are mine. I replaced the sprockets and chain (16/42), gave it an oil and filter change at 19,200, replaced the old, yellowing windscreen with a new, OEM clear, installed new plugs and had injectors serviced by AF1, new paper air filter installed but comes with K&N, new bar-end weights.
    I also have a few spares from AF1 to include with sale: new OEM horn, new fuel filter and internal hose, new vacuum hoses. Included with sale will be a cheap (not Pit Bull) rear stand and a weatherproof cover.
    All plastics are in excellent condition with NO EVIDENCE OF ANY CRASH DAMAGE but the "Falco" decals on the front, upper fairing are coming off.
    There is a forum member, user name "norcolmille", listed in the "check a bike" post at the top of this section. I'm willing to contribute gas $$$ if you'd like him to come and have a look.
    $2,000
    SOLD SOLD SOLD
    Last edited by MileHighMille; 12-09-2017 at 08:33 PM. Reason: lower price

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    OK, I can tell by the activity in this section of the forum that my bike isn't going to sell unless I'm motivated, which I intend to be. It has only been listed here for 3 days but I'm dropping the price by $500. New price is $2,000.
    If anyone reading this is the least bit interested in buying the bike, make me an offer.
    Any feedback would also be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by MileHighMille; 11-05-2017 at 10:18 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    Wondering if your bike is still for sale? I checked the link, there isnt anything showing.

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinLondon View Post
    Wondering if your bike is still for sale? I checked the link, there isnt anything showing.
    Yes the bike is still for sale. Call me at and I'll send pictures
    Last edited by MileHighMille; 12-09-2017 at 08:34 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

Feedback Score
    Through much trials and tribulation, this is now MINE.
    HUGE THANKS to Bill and Eric who were un-aware of the disaster that was going to roll up on them.

Also of note, the U-haul trailer lights never turned on, even though they verified correct wiring on my vehicle with one of those plug in testers. so a 6 hour drive home in the dark with no trailer lights. My nerves were toast. still have to unload the bike, drop off the U-haul trailer that i had to acquire last minute, and deal with the home move we are going through in about 5 days, oh and apparently its also the holiday season..... still grinning though, got my first APE.