Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix there be spoilers within

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Funny how Yamaha have gone backwards since they lost their main development rider , yet mysteriously Ducati have improved ?
    You must be fun at parties and bikes gathering haha
    I'm not sure how much impact he had at Ducati, if any, but I do agree with you for Yamaha

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarcoChamp View Post
    I'm not sure how much impact he had at Ducati, if any, but I do agree with you for Yamaha
    Well...Ducati have a chance at a title this year.
    Its Lorenzos first year with the team.
    Of course the team has been more competitive since Gigi joined.
    But it may be more than coincidental that Ducati are championship contenders in JLs first year and Yam are not contenders in the first year that he left.

apriliaforum expert craigo298er's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murphc13 View Post
    Well...Ducati have a chance at a title this year.
    Its Lorenzos first year with the team.
    Of course the team has been more competitive since Gigi joined.
    But it may be more than coincidental that Ducati are championship contenders in JLs first year and Yam are not contenders in the first year that he left.
    Yeah, it must be coincidence. JL started out 18th (or so) while Dovi was up front.

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Funny how Yamaha have gone backwards since they lost their main development rider , yet mysteriously Ducati have improved ?
    I think Lorenzo demands more from a bike in the way of perfection, he got that from Yamaha over time. And i bet Ducati are bending over backwards to accommodate him, the benefit is being seen in Dovi's riding, he's now getting a bike thats improving in leaps and bounds, Dovi has been riding the Duc for awhile now, he's ridden around its faults, but now he's getting a much improved bike, and the results are showing, 6 wins. Lorenzo was one small mistake away from winning his first race on the Duc. Next year i think Lorenzo will get his wins.
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    I'm not sure how much impact he had at Ducati,
    Dall'igna on Lorenzo
    ""His contribution was important to make us understand how to move forward. With his comments and his considerations, we understand many things . " From Igna he then comments on the performance on the track, starting from that in Holland, where the Majorcan has closed one of his best races. "But he did not do it only to Assen, he succeeds more than once, " he concludes. " In my opinion, it's just a matter of time and you need to stay focused . " "

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    And so it goes on to Valencia........we were there the last time a champion-elect just had to finish the race in a points scoring position to secure his championship, then the unthinkable happened, VR choked and Nicky got his championship! I can still remember 100,000 people simultaneously sucking in their breath followed by the stunned silence when Rossi splatted into the ground at turn 2.

It ain't over till its over........Marquez has got a fortnight before the race to crash his dirtbike and injure himself yet before we even get to his customary pre-race crash-fest on the race weekend!

Or is he capable of an attack of the sensibles??
    Last edited by Powerful Pierre; 10-30-2017 at 01:09 PM.

I think Marc was very sensible in Sundays race at Sepang. He said himself that he let the others go. "“I pushed to try and get a good feeling, but then I realised both Ducatis were very fast and it was a risk to try and overtake Zarco, so I said ‘OK. It’s the same to arrive in Valencia 24 points ahead or 21’. So I finished the race, which was the main target.”

http://www.motogp.com/
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

Looking back at that picture of Cal’s choking gesture it was absolutely a masterpiece of prescience!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    And so it goes on to Valencia........we were there the last time a champion-elect just had to finish the race in a points scoring position to secure his championship, then the unthinkable happened, VR choked and Nicky got his championship! I can still remember 100,000 people simultaneously sucking in their breath followed by the stunned silence when Rossi splatted into the ground at turn 2.

It ain't over till its over........Marquez has got a fortnight before the race to crash his dirtbike and injure himself yet before we even get to his customary pre-race crash-fest on the race weekend!

Or is he capable of an attack of the sensibles??
    Gameplan should be "Just Shadow Dovi"
    Even if he's immediately behind Dovi, he's still in front....

There is no championship scenario for Dovi that does not include him winning the Valencia race. Second place pays 20 points and he goes in trailing MM by 21.

Speaking of standings, Sam Lowes leads Marc in the gravel trap sweepstakes 29-25.
    Last edited by Ricardo J; 10-30-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Slowes did the double during the race as well didn't he?

Bautista's double bike knockout in FP3? was inspiring.
    I don't care about my apathy.

When JL was on the yammi last year he kept saying about the bike in the wet was not much fun, hence the bad results. All he got was flak and grief from everyone.
    Funny how he suddenly is up the front and riding like a man possesed
    Now rossi is suffering the same. All we are herring is crickets chirping.
    Last edited by ape66; 10-30-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Not sure if serious or trolling.

Oh, that is trolling, but he damn sure has a point, now doesn't he?
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ape66 View Post
    When JL was on the yammi last year he kept saying about the bike in the wet was not much fun, hence the bad results. All he got was flak and grief from everyone.
    Funny how he suddenly is up the front and riding like a man possesed
    Now rossi is suffering the same. All we are herring is crickets chirping.
    My point was that I'm not certain he had so much of an impact at Ducati regarding the 2017 bike, the thing was settled and done before Valencia test in 2016, OK there was a couple of upgrades along the way, and for the Quote of Gigi.. this is very political etc, surely the 2018 bike will be full of input and probably will be easier to handle while retaining full power

Now at Yamaha, I'm certain their 2017 downfall bike wise is very much linked to the lost of JLo

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast