Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix there be spoilers within

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    Oh, that is trolling, but he damn sure has a point, now doesn't he?
    Haha trolling, what a load of b*ll*cks, bringing up valid points that people don't like to hear isn't trolling. Yamaha only 29 points ahead of Ducati in the constructors championship with one race to go is very interesting, could the unthinkable happen and Yamaha end up with no better than third in either title race ?

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    I think the input of Lorenzo is greatly underrated...........maybe Yamaha were acutely aware of that when they refused to let him ride the Ducati at the end of season test after last years Valencia round......traditionally factories have had a gentlemen's agreement and let their outgoing riders complete that test, Suzuki certainly didn't stop Vinales testing the Yamaha and in the past Ducati were happy to let Stoner test the Honda.

Its pretty clear that Lorenzo has got the skills to ride well in the wet, all he needs is the bike to give him the feedback & control he needs.........but hey, its just been another stick to beat the guy with because, for one reason or another, some folks don't 'like' him.

As an observer what this does for me is put a big fat question mark over the mythical capabilities of Rossi to lead the development of a bike.......maybe this year Yamaha should have taken more notice of Maverick and perhaps then they wouldn't be in the mess they're in?

Jesus....arent the Ducati's known to be good in wet?

Didn't Zarco just put Jorge's old bike on the podium in the wet?

Yamaha had a new 17 bike that topped the charts in winter testing. Out of the gate it was competitive for Vinny and made many think he would be the runaway champ. Yamaha then started tweeting the bike, floundered around and after introducing the 18 prototype chassis have completely floundered in the wet and struggled in the dry. Inthis article Roscoe says the revised 18 frame might not be ready by Valencia if results in Sepang and Valencia don't go well. And we know Sepang was an embarrassment. Jarvis should watch out as Roscoe might cry that he is part of the problem and ask that he be replaced.

Part of Jorges' problems were the crappy wet Michelins and everyone on the grid has said that this years tire is great.
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    I think the input of Lorenzo is greatly underrated...........maybe Yamaha were acutely aware of that when they refused to let him ride the Ducati at the end of season test after last years Valencia round......traditionally factories have had a gentlemen's agreement and let their outgoing riders complete that test, Suzuki certainly didn't stop Vinales testing the Yamaha and in the past Ducati were happy to let Stoner test the Honda.

Its pretty clear that Lorenzo has got the skills to ride well in the wet, all he needs is the bike to give him the feedback & control he needs.........but hey, its just been another stick to beat the guy with because, for one reason or another, some folks don't 'like' him.

As an observer what this does for me is put a big fat question mark over the mythical capabilities of Rossi to lead the development of a bike.......maybe this year Yamaha should have taken more notice of Maverick and perhaps then they wouldn't be in the mess they're in?
    agreed.
    agreed.
    disagree. he has been good at developing a bike; good with the communication part combined with skills. not the same now? sure. getting tired yes? i think maybe he's getting slightly burned out. he has done this for a long time.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Team Orders ?

“But it’s something we discussed before with the riders – just if there is an opportunity like this, or if the situation is like that, that must be the result to keep open the championship. That’s it.”
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/886...ke-both-riders

"It's obvious that you have to think about the team, about the people who are working at the factory," he said. "And certain choices have to be made, even if they are painful."
    https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...up_part_1.html

I would expect Ducati to ask their other riders not to take risks around Dovi.
    Lorenzo's knee slide however wasn't faked and he had his best finish for the season.

But with dashboard communication and no rule against them, I hope team orders don't become the norm in motoGP.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    There is no championship scenario for Dovi that does not include him winning the Valencia race. Second place pays 20 points and he goes in trailing MM by 21.
    The same for Sepang, Dovi had to win and hope MM finished 3rd or lower. Dovi put more on the line because he had no option, MM played a safer position but still there is high risk as pointed out above. ANYTHING can happen.
    2013 Tuono APRC ABS
    1982 LeMans Mk3

Always leave people better than you found them!
    Ever wondered what your life would be like if you chose trust rather than fear?

Meh,

I think this probably gives too much credit to Lorenzo:
    - Ducati has been doing the right things since hiring Dall'Igna, who as a proven track record of competitive bike devleopment
    - Ducati has Casey Stoner as a development rider , who has a proven capability to push the bike to podium speeds
    - Andrea Dovisioso has evolved as a rider, pushing himself to adapt to the bike and engage a competitive mindset
    - Yamaha has a track record of being hit and miss with their bike, esp in the new Michelin era
    - 'Old Rossi', is already accomplished, and visibly less determined than 'young Rossi', at least when the bike isn't there

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)

i didn't see the relevant item there. did i miss it?
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Didn't Rossi say way back that Vinales's skill was hiding the fact that the '17 bike was going in the wrong direction? I don't know whether that may not have simply been Rossi's self-serving attempt to distance himself from the '17 fiasco w/ 20/20 hindsight, but, otoh, was Rossi's input all that Yamaha were listening to?
    Beware the festive dog; drive soothingly over the grease-mud, for therein lies the skid demon.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming in terror, like his passengers -- Jack Handey

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456