Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules shakeup for world supers 2018

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo1 View Post
    They should make Rea ride with a chick on the back. That'll even up the series.
    He could probably stop for a quickie by the tire wall and still win.
    The man who makes a beast of himself rids himself of the pain of being a man. Foreword to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by ape66 View Post
    If Davies would stop falling off, he would be a serious contender. And it is only basicly one Kwaka that is winning.
    IMO Chaz keeps falling off because the Duc just isn't as good of a bike, so he is overriding it to keep up. Switch him and Sykes and I think there would be a legitimate race for the championship - both on Kawis.

That's not to discount Rea, as he's an animal and crushing everyone. You could make the argument that it's him and not the bike. If that's the case, then I still don't get the blame on Honda, as al the other manufacturers not named Kawi and Ducati are getting whooped.
    WMRRA #98
    2013 KTM 990 SMT (street)
    2011 Aprilia RSV4 (race) For Sale: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ace-Track-Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    IMO Chaz keeps falling off because the Duc just isn't as good of a bike, so he is overriding it to keep up. Switch him and Sykes and I think there would be a legitimate race for the championship - both on Kawis.

That's not to discount Rea, as he's an animal and crushing everyone. You could make the argument that it's him and not the bike. If that's the case, then I still don't get the blame on Honda, as al the other manufacturers not named Kawi and Ducati are getting whooped.
    I think with Chaz its a bit of both, more swaying to Chaz. I agree that you probably have to ride the duc harder than the Kwaka, But Chaz does fall off by stupid mistakes. And totally agree with you on Rea. If Rea wasn't in the picture Yamaha would probably have a few wins by now. And as far as Honda its the under current thats being put out there by them. Could be Aprilia as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 421switch View Post
    He could probably stop for a quickie by the tire wall and still win.

I think with Chaz its a bit of both, more swaying to Chaz. I agree that you probably have to ride the duc harder than the Kwaka, But Chaz does fall off by stupid mistakes. And totally agree with you on Rea. If Rea wasn't in the picture Yamaha would probably have a few wins by now. And as far as Honda its the under current thats being put out there by them. Could be Aprilia as well?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Aprilia, Yamaha, and Honda are all complaining. BMW too, but I doubt they give a shit.
    WMRRA #98
    2011 Aprilia RSV4 (race) For Sale: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ace-Track-Bike

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    I think with Chaz its a bit of both, more swaying to Chaz. I agree that you probably have to ride the duc harder than the Kwaka, But Chaz does fall off by stupid mistakes.
    People said the same thing about Stoner in 08 and 09
    "He keeps crashing on his own, can't handle the pressure , Rossi is in his head etc"
    What nobody including Ducati understood was how hard that bike was to ride at ten tenths. Racers go racing to win races , they don't want to ride around in second place to anyone. Marquez is the perfect example of this.

apriliaforum expert
    How many championships did Rea win on the Honda? A great rider can't win on an average or inferior bike.
    Hoosier, not hoser.
    2000.5 Mille R - Ti Shotguns & lots of Evo shtuff
    2016 Tuono 1100 Factory

How many championships did Rea win on the Honda? A great rider can't win on an average or inferior bike.
    Agreed - which is why Rea didn't win on the Honda, Stoner didn't win after '07, and possibly why Chaz isn't very close to winning this season.
    WMRRA #98

They should make Rea ride with a chick on the back. That'll even up the series.
    good one.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    The fact that KTM hasn't bothered with superbikes and gone to GPs speaks volumes. They have been totally focused on winning at racing as a way to sell motorbikes . They have taken on the might of the Japanese factories at Motocross and beaten them all. They are going head to head with HRC in moto3, giving moto2 a good bash and haven't disgraced themselves in their first season in MotoGP. Like Yamaha and Honda they realise that small bike sales in Asia are the bread and butter and are the sales market to go after. Like Honda and Yamaha they know that MotoGP is the the show room to those markets .
    TRUTH!!! Preach it brother man!!!
    I find tinsel very distracting.

And a big tip o' the hat to Red Bull, without whom all of this success would be...unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    People said the same thing about Stoner in 08 and 09
    "He keeps crashing on his own, can't handle the pressure , Rossi is in his head etc"
    What nobody including Ducati understood was how hard that bike was to ride at ten tenths. Racers go racing to win races , they don't want to ride around in second place to anyone. Marquez is the perfect example of this.
    I'm not having a go at Chaz vic. I want him to win. And yes he does have to ride the bike harder than Rea. Take a look at last year at the end of the season. How many doubles did he do.If he hadn't of made the mistakes earlier in the season he just may well of won the silverwhare. You don't win that many races on a non competative bike. Like i said i want him to win, but sometimes i think he just overides the thing.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    And a big tip o' the hat to Red Bull, without whom all of this success would be...unlikely.
    That goes for every sponsor in every sport pretty much.

apriliaforum expert
    A quote from Ronald Ten Kate in this month's PB magazine on Rea
    "He was so young when he came to us, he didn't even have a driving license. Without a doubt one of the biggest talents I ever saw. We saw him going from a young guy who wanted to go world championship racing , to what he is today. When he got on a bike , something magic happened. He made the bike better than it was. He knew that, Kawasaki knew that, and Tom Sykes knows that now "

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    I am not sure what your point is, Do you think that RB throws more money into KTMs race effort than Repsol throws at HRCs? Or do you think that other race teams are being successful without throwing money at it?
    Of course having a sponsor like RB helps, especially when you are a much smaller company, like KTM or Aprilia. But sponsors are a fact of life in racing, and they tend not to throw money at teams that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. KTM has a record of success that allows them to develop a relationship with RB. MotoGP is not RBs only involvement with KTM. RB sponsors winners, and KTM knows it. KTM has not won yet at MotoGP, but they will probably be winning soon, if past history is anything to go by.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast