Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Chuckwalla Oct 27-29 Roll Call

  1. #1
    apriliaforum Junkie aftriathlete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Great American Southwest
    Posts
    380

    Chuckwalla Oct 27-29 Roll Call

    Anyone going this weekend?
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

  2. #2
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    636
    I'm changing it up and doing Buttonwillow instead on 11/3

  3. #3
    apriliaforum Junkie CHAPlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    sw USA
    Posts
    330
    Anyone willing to help a fellow Ape rider out? Im in a little pickle. I have a bike being delivered to track from Portland but I need to be in Vegas to finish a vehicle for SEMA. Anyway, any chance some one could pick the bike up for me?

    Im in socal and would be able to get it midweek next week. Bike is a SV and a box of parts. Thanks!

    <><

  4. #4
    apriliaforum Junkie aftriathlete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Great American Southwest
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I'm changing it up and doing Buttonwillow instead on 11/3
    Never been there, probably worth it to try at least one though. I figure by the last two rounds of the CVMA season I'll have a pretty good idea of how I'm going to fare for the end of the season standings. If there's little to be gained from the last two rounds maybe I'll forego those rounds for the chance of making it to some different tracks besides Chuck and Arroyo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAPlain View Post
    Anyone willing to help a fellow Ape rider out? Im in a little pickle. I have a bike being delivered to track from Portland but I need to be in Vegas to finish a vehicle for SEMA. Anyway, any chance some one could pick the bike up for me?

    Im in socal and would be able to get it midweek next week. Bike is a SV and a box of parts. Thanks!

    <><
    Sorry man, I'm in the wrong direction to help you out -- I'm driving in to Chuck from Tucson Friday evening then back to Tucson Sunday afternoon.
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

  5. #5
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by aftriathlete View Post
    Never been there, probably worth it to try at least one though.
    I hear great things about it; I believe it's been repaved not all that long ago and is a bit more technical. I enjoy Chuck too but honestly like the more technical tracks a bit better; Chuck is very much a momentum track.

  6. #6
    apriliaforum Junkie aftriathlete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Great American Southwest
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I hear great things about it; I believe it's been repaved not all that long ago and is a bit more technical. I enjoy Chuck too but honestly like the more technical tracks a bit better; Chuck is very much a momentum track.
    I agree. I wouldn't call Chuck technical for anyone like me running over 1:52s, but it must be technical for the ultrafast, 1:48-and-below guys. The 1:46s last round are seriously impressive. It's very flowy though; Arroyo Seco has 3 braking zones that are all harder than the hardest braking zone at Chuck, and a lot more side to side transitioning. Chuck is very much a confidence in your edge grip kind of track as you're very rarely straight up and down.
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

  7. #7
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by aftriathlete View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't call Chuck technical for anyone like me running over 1:52s, but it must be technical for the ultrafast, 1:48-and-below guys. The 1:46s last round are seriously impressive. It's very flowy though; Arroyo Seco has 3 braking zones that are all harder than the hardest braking zone at Chuck, and a lot more side to side transitioning. Chuck is very much a confidence in your edge grip kind of track as you're very rarely straight up and down.
    Agreed, very flowy. I do like a bit more variety; to my surprise, I absolutely loved SoW. Short track but a few very tight corners and a few very fast ones.

    I'm slow AF though LOL Only an intermediate group rider but I'm just out there to have fun. 1:52 seems pretty damn quick to me; I need to take a lap timer to Chuck sometime but doubt I'm much under 2min

  8. #8
    apriliaforum Junkie aftriathlete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Great American Southwest
    Posts
    380
    I'm not a 1:52 guy yet, for the record. I still have a ways to go, im just hoping to get into the 1:55s for the first time this weekend.
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

  9. #9
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    OC, CA
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by aftriathlete View Post
    I'm not a 1:52 guy yet, for the record. I still have a ways to go, im just hoping to get into the 1:55s for the first time this weekend.
    Right on! I'll time it on my next run; I'm on an R6 though but the bike doesn't matter that much on that track. Mainly the rider...

  10. #10
    apriliaforum Member prettykin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    121
    I'll be there riding only on friday (track day only), but I'm not staying for the races.

  11. #11
    apriliaforum Junkie CHAPlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    sw USA
    Posts
    330
    I'm still looking for someone that can bring a bike from chuckwalla to socal.

    <><

  12. #12
    apriliaforum Junkie aftriathlete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Great American Southwest
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykin View Post
    I'll be there riding only on friday (track day only), but I'm not staying for the races.
    Cool, enjoy tomorrow man. I'm not getting in til tomorrow afternoon.
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

Similar Threads

  1. Roll Call for AF1 Racing Oct 9th Trackday
    By Ed / AF1 Racing in forum Aprilia News and Product Discussion
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 12:35 PM
  2. Roll Call: Jennings- Oct. 13th and 14th
    By Dits in forum Aprilia Owner Rides, Trackdays, Meetings, and Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 01:58 PM
  3. ROLL CALL FOR Oct.8th Crest Ride
    By Beau1K in forum Aprilia Owner Rides, Trackdays, Meetings, and Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 11:53 PM
  4. roll call for oct 2nd san diego ride
    By LUCKY DAVE in forum Aprilia Owner Rides, Trackdays, Meetings, and Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 12:18 AM
  5. CA roll call
    By kneedragginchic in forum RS50 Technical
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 11:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •