Thread: Chuckwalla Oct 27-29 Roll Call

apriliaforum Junkie aftriathlete's Avatar

Chuckwalla Oct 27-29 Roll Call

Anyone going this weekend?
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

apriliaforum expert
    I'm changing it up and doing Buttonwillow instead on 11/3

Anyone willing to help a fellow Ape rider out? Im in a little pickle. I have a bike being delivered to track from Portland but I need to be in Vegas to finish a vehicle for SEMA. Anyway, any chance some one could pick the bike up for me?

Im in socal and would be able to get it midweek next week. Bike is a SV and a box of parts. Thanks!

<><

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I'm changing it up and doing Buttonwillow instead on 11/3
    Never been there, probably worth it to try at least one though. I figure by the last two rounds of the CVMA season I'll have a pretty good idea of how I'm going to fare for the end of the season standings. If there's little to be gained from the last two rounds maybe I'll forego those rounds for the chance of making it to some different tracks besides Chuck and Arroyo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAPlain View Post
    Anyone willing to help a fellow Ape rider out? Im in a little pickle. I have a bike being delivered to track from Portland but I need to be in Vegas to finish a vehicle for SEMA. Anyway, any chance some one could pick the bike up for me?

Im in socal and would be able to get it midweek next week. Bike is a SV and a box of parts. Thanks!

<><
    Sorry man, I'm in the wrong direction to help you out -- I'm driving in to Chuck from Tucson Friday evening then back to Tucson Sunday afternoon.
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by aftriathlete View Post
    Never been there, probably worth it to try at least one though.
    I hear great things about it; I believe it's been repaved not all that long ago and is a bit more technical. I enjoy Chuck too but honestly like the more technical tracks a bit better; Chuck is very much a momentum track.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I hear great things about it; I believe it's been repaved not all that long ago and is a bit more technical. I enjoy Chuck too but honestly like the more technical tracks a bit better; Chuck is very much a momentum track.
    I agree. I wouldn't call Chuck technical for anyone like me running over 1:52s, but it must be technical for the ultrafast, 1:48-and-below guys. The 1:46s last round are seriously impressive. It's very flowy though; Arroyo Seco has 3 braking zones that are all harder than the hardest braking zone at Chuck, and a lot more side to side transitioning. Chuck is very much a confidence in your edge grip kind of track as you're very rarely straight up and down.
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

apriliaforum expert
    I agree. I wouldn't call Chuck technical for anyone like me running over 1:52s, but it must be technical for the ultrafast, 1:48-and-below guys. The 1:46s last round are seriously impressive. It's very flowy though; Arroyo Seco has 3 braking zones that are all harder than the hardest braking zone at Chuck, and a lot more side to side transitioning. Chuck is very much a confidence in your edge grip kind of track as you're very rarely straight up and down.
    Agreed, very flowy. I do like a bit more variety; to my surprise, I absolutely loved SoW. Short track but a few very tight corners and a few very fast ones.

I'm slow AF though LOL Only an intermediate group rider but I'm just out there to have fun. 1:52 seems pretty damn quick to me; I need to take a lap timer to Chuck sometime but doubt I'm much under 2min

I'm not a 1:52 guy yet, for the record. I still have a ways to go, im just hoping to get into the 1:55s for the first time this weekend.
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

apriliaforum expert
    I'm not a 1:52 guy yet, for the record. I still have a ways to go, im just hoping to get into the 1:55s for the first time this weekend.
    Right on! I'll time it on my next run; I'm on an R6 though but the bike doesn't matter that much on that track. Mainly the rider...

I'll be there riding only on friday (track day only), but I'm not staying for the races.

I'm still looking for someone that can bring a bike from chuckwalla to socal.

<><

Quote Originally Posted by prettykin View Post
    I'll be there riding only on friday (track day only), but I'm not staying for the races.
    Cool, enjoy tomorrow man. I'm not getting in til tomorrow afternoon.
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike