Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Piaggio Killing Aprilia?

Conventional and conservative, unimaginative thinking has led to showrooms full of big and heavy machines. Open class ADVs have all mutated into ponderous two-wheeled bison.

I'm very interested in supercharging as an application of technology to permit the downsizing of a motorcycle's physical dimensions. Having just read a very complimentary piece about the Kawasaki Versys 300 I envision a powered-up version utilizing the company's own supercharging technology. And Kawasaki has a new supercharged H2SX sport tourer debuting next week at EICMA.

While I'm daydreaming, Mr. Colannino how about some extra funding for a dedicated Aprilia Moto3 effort?

https://www.cycleworld.com/moto-guzz...-street#page-2

"
    Piaggio remains cautious when investing in the promotion of its motorcycle brands, Aprilia in particular. The result is somewhat of a contradiction because the quality of the bikes deserves a sharper, more aggressive marketing plan that would surely generate more sales.
    The Noale-based outfit is idling along after introducing Euro 4 emissions editions of the RSV4 and Tuono V4 1100, which were followed by 896cc versions of the Shiver and Dorsoduro. The only new models that debuted at the show were acouple of 50cc two-strokes intended for local markets—not a good sign.
    "

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Read Fiat ...

Read Lancia, Alfa Romeo or Chrysler ... Lancia was a prestigious brand, with an overwhelming sporting record, with outstanding technical innovations ... Lancia was a brand that manufactured premium cars ... until it was bought Fiat, sucked your blood and ruined your brand image and brand itself forever! Alfa Romeo is not much better, and only seems to pay attention to Maserati and Ferrari.

I wonder how the intelligent directors of Piaggio do not realize that Aprilia's way is to innovate, evolve and look for new market niches, but without annoying it with bad designs! I think you should look at Ktm and lay the foundations for the future, if you still have any future ...

Why do not you think of a Caponord with the fantastic V4 1100 of the Tuono, with the great APRC system? A renewed street SXV500? And a Touareg 500 V2 with that same engine? And an RSV500? Some model that breaks trends and impresses the public?

I think they know very well that they will not sell anything that they manufacture ... Well because of the nefarious network of dealers, either because of the reputation (unfounded I think) of poor reliability, or lack of brand image ...

It is a real pity that a mythical brand in the history of the two wheels will end his days like a corpse sucked by Piaggio ... Think about the incredible number of bikes that these guys did at the time!

-Area 51
    -SR ditech
    -Futura 125-RS125
    -RS250
    -RSV mille
    -Tuono
    -Futura
    -Caponord
    -Pegaso
    -SXV/RXV/MXV
    -RSV4

I have a clear perception that Aprilia will end up like Lancia ... No possibility of evolution, selling trinkets or restylings ... It must be sad for a manufacturer to develop anything knowing that he is not going to sell it, and therefore he will dig even deeper his grave ... On the other side of the coin, Bmw, Ktm and Ducati can develop whatever comes out of their noses, because they know they're going to sell it by hand ...

The only salvation goes through the purchase of Aprilia by some investor interested in selling motorcycles, which provides money for R & D and PLEASE, for a good marketing where a winning, innovative and desired brand image is built, is what it deserves Aprilia, nothing more and nothing less.

OD: Sorry for the Google translator, but when I'm angry, I'm unable to write correctly in English!!

Enviado desde mi C107-9 mediante Tapatalk

I just went to the Malaysian GP and I was hoping to pick up some Aprilia merchandise to wear all weekend. Do you think I could find any? Aprilia didn't even have a stand and I only found an Aleix Espargaro shirt by chance at the end of the weekend when I was looking at the KYT stand.

I can completely understand that Aprilia most likely don't have a huge market in Malaysia (they should), but not even a small stand with some merchandise? I sure plenty of Shivers around.
    Current bikes - 2012 Tuono V4

Blog/Website - www.onthebackwheel.com

apriliaforum expert 2nd Childhood's Avatar
    Local Aprilia dealer posted this video. Why aren't these bikes coming to the States? https://www.facebook.com/Moto.Intern...5127263169123/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I was younger I was afraid I'd die riding. Now that I'm old and falling apart, I'm afraid I won't.

If KTM owned Aprilia, we wouldn't have to backorder out of stock parts and wait for them to arrive months later.

If KTM owned Aprilia the bikes would also be ugly as sin.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    We have strongly expressed our desire for the 125cc machines to be sold in the USA as many other dealers have, after all the RS50 back in it's day was a hugely successful bike for Aprilia here in the USA and with small machines you can be guaranteed there are precious few owners who do not modify them to the max trying like hell to make them faster (and easily succeeding usually).
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Hahhahahahaha horror bikes, yes!!!

but thousands would be sold !!

Enviado desde mi C107-9 mediante Tapatalk

apriliaforum Junkie
    At least something interesting from Piaggio group. Vespa elettrica and its "hybrid" version elettrica x.
    Aprilia SR 50 R Factory 2009 Silver Crowd
    Aprilia SR 50 2008 Silver Crowd
    Aprilia RS 50 2003 SBK Replica

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    If anyone can find anything about the generator motor from the elettrica X models I would like to see it. Model airplane motor spinning an RS540 electric DC motor or what lol? Conceptually they are smart to get into the electric gama ASAP, but this hybrid thing is odd as hell sounding, and the fact that the gasoline motor running the generator can only double range says that must be one tiny motor?
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Peak output 4kw, so it's a real neck-snapper. Range of the fully-electric model is 62 miles at a nominal 2kw. The hybrid model has twice the range, 126 miles, with a small gas motor for recharging the battery only.

Bruno's got the goods:

https://www.cycleworld.com/vespa-ele...hes-production

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    I concur!
    Current bike

V4 1100 Factory 2017

If you have anything good to say shut the fuck up!

This is what happens when the accountants call the shots...

Well KTM finished ahead of Aprilia in their first motoGP year. KTM did well, but this is embarrassing for Aprilia. I think it was Sam Lowes who said "we absolutely must beat KTM" at the start of the season. Oops.

1 Honda 357 357
    2 Yamaha 321 321
    3 Ducati 310 310
    4 Suzuki 100 100
    5 KTM 69 69
    6 Aprilia 64 64
    2016 Tuono 1100 RR
    2015 S1000RR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast