I gotta baby jump pack hahah. Lol

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    2017 Tuono RR bone stock
    2003 zx6r track bike..
    E46 project
    lifted 6.0 powerstroke

Prior
    2013 Diavel
    2001 Falco. Renegade Undertail CF, Derestricted, Mille Swinger, upgraded shock and big boy spring, wire mod, headlight relay, Intergrated Signals.
    1997 900RR
    1993 F2

Quote Originally Posted by JCG View Post
    That guy behind you is huge, or was it Dr. Banner and you just cut him off!?

apriliaforum prov-nov HotRod104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR1000A1 View Post
    HotRod, can you confirm that on/off throttle is totally and completely curred by Stage 2 tune?
    Simple test: 3rd gear, 4-4.5K RPM, close throttle and slitely open it again. Even with Race map and Akra slip-on the bike still jumps like crazy!
    This is the only thing I'd like to fix with the bike. I don't care about more power etc. If Stage 2 eliminates this issue, then it worth it for me, otherwise I'm pretty happy with Race map.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Well I have been trying to recreate the symptoms you described and I cannot do it. The worst I got was due to my own input being a little to quick on the throttle in first gear.. I tried it with first through fourth and I cannot get a crazy jumping from a slight opening after closing the throttle. I won't dare tell you that it is a magical cure to what you have, but I am not able to get more than normal. I did however, find a sweet lil spot that gets a deep growl from the exhaust at a little less than 1/4 throttle... Real guttural growl.

Quote Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
    Awesome write up and thanks for the info!!!! I have the Race ECU now but dammit I think I need to save up for this to get that stage 2 tune!! So if I get the device, do the read and send it to Shiv, I am guessing I will only get the stage 2 tune, lol? Any difference in Quick Shifter function between them or how cool/hot the bike runs?
    Hey CRFan1,
    I'm not sure what other tunes are available for the 2017's now. But I'm sure Shiv will give you the best available. I think the QS is right where it should be now. I noticed with the stock ECU it was very groggy at times and mushy other times. Not consistently, but enough to notice. I also have not noticed the Temps running cooler in all honesty. The Temps are dropping off for fall here in Northern Virginia (50's in late afternoon) so I will pay more attention to that and pass on my findings as I go.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod104 View Post
    Hey CRFan1,
    I'm not sure what other tunes are available for the 2017's now. But I'm sure Shiv will give you the best available. I think the QS is right where it should be now. I noticed with the stock ECU it was very groggy at times and mushy other times. Not consistently, but enough to notice. I also have not noticed the Temps running cooler in all honesty. The Temps are dropping off for fall here in Northern Virginia (50's in late afternoon) so I will pay more attention to that and pass on my findings as I go.
    No worries....got about a month of riding left here in the Chicago area so I will probably just pick up the OFT in the spring. I am impressed by the Aprilia Race map and if the OFT stage 2 is is that much better it is probably worth doing....

Quote Originally Posted by OpenFlash View Post
    It's delightful to hear these reviews Thanks for the kind words. It's a pleasure working on this platform and dealing with you guys!
    Yup, a might sight friendlier than some of the up yours brigade on the Miata forum, evidently it is a crime to be a newbie there and ask "silly" questions
    The Third Law of Human Dynamics: For every opportunity to communicate there is an equal and opposite opportunity to misunderstand

apriliaforum prov-nov
    My first ride with the Tablet is this Sunday. Hope to provide some insight as to the difference between the Race ECU and the Custom Tune from OpenFlash.

Quote Originally Posted by schuitema View Post
    My first ride with the Tablet is this Sunday. Hope to provide some insight as to the difference between the Race ECU and the Custom Tune from OpenFlash.

I hope it all works out for you and you are just as happy with yours as I am with mine! I haven't been out on the bike as much as I would like the last few weeks(weather and work), but I gave it a good run around the area yesterday... in my best Wil Ferrel voice, "your my boy, Blue!!" Still puts a smile on my face...

Left SoFla a few years ago, grew up there... I hope the 836 W/Turnpike N/Dolphin Mall Exit/Turnpike S/ 836 E ramp is still a good chance to get some lean and speed.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod104 View Post
    I hope it all works out for you and you are just as happy with yours as I am with mine! I haven't been out on the bike as much as I would like the last few weeks(weather and work), but I gave it a good run around the area yesterday... in my best Wil Ferrel voice, "your my boy, Blue!!" Still puts a smile on my face...

Left SoFla a few years ago, grew up there... I hope the 836 W/Turnpike N/Dolphin Mall Exit/Turnpike S/ 836 E ramp is still a good chance to get some lean and speed.
    I would never ride in the city, simply no fun and not worth the risk. We ride south to the keys or west to Naples or northwest to the indian grounds and around the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyH2O View Post
    Great info! Can't wait to receive my tablet next week.
    Quick question for Shiv. Can you change the amount of engine break in your tunes? Since the bike's original map can alter engine break I believe it should be possible?
    I have this question as well. I assume S, T, R modes available still with the both the "OEM Race Mapping" as well as the OF Map?

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeelo221 View Post
    I have this question as well. I assume S, T, R modes available still with the both the "OEM Race Mapping" as well as the OF Map?
    Yes, all riding modes are still available with our tune files. Same goes for the Race ECU calibration which all of our tune files are based upon. Engine braking can be adjusted if a user feels so inclined. Pretty easy stuff
    In the Garage:
    2017 Tuono Factory
    2016 KTM RC390
    2015 KTM 1290 Superduke R
    2014 RSV4 R
    2011 Ferrari 458
    2013 Scion FR-S
    2016 AMG GT S
    2016 Mazda MX5
    2016 Mazda CX5
    2017 Charger Hellcat
    OpenFlash Tablet
    Free Tunes || 3-Touch Programming || Digital Gauge Displays || Datalogging || Handheld Convenience || No Laptop Required

apriliaforum newb
    Is this Shiv the same Shiv that was Proceed Tuning back several years ago? The Bmw 135/335 community ...N54 I /6 he was genius tuning that platform. If this is the same “Shiv” it’ll be hard for me not to go that direction

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    Is this Shiv the same Shiv that was Proceed Tuning back several years ago? The Bmw 135/335 community ...N54 I /6 he was genius tuning that platform. If this is the same “Shiv” it’ll be hard for me not to go that direction
    It is indeed. Same here, I knew of Shiv from back in the day from the Subaru STi tuning community where he was a highly regarded tuner. When I saw that he was tuning these bikes there was no question which route I would go.

apriliaforum newb
    Reckon there is a discount for Aprilia Forum Members? Or....perhaps we could work out a group buy to save a few bucks?

I understand all too well about the “pay to play” concept, and don’t mind spending $ especially for go faster farkels that work as advertised. But....saving a few bucks to help fund the tires I’m certain to burn through would sure help.

I am really excited to hear about this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123