Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Ideas

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedieGTI View Post
    Listed for $6500 but would entertain serious offers.

Sent from my G3123 using Tapatalk
    Hate to say it, but that's not a realistic price anymore. This is due to the 1st gen v4 prices being only several hundred dollars to a grand or 2 more. You could get $5,000-5,500 easily though.

Bought my 2009 last year with 3k miles, great shape, for less than $5,500. I think thats more where the market is at. Even for a factory. I do agree that it doesn't help that people don't have taste, lol.

I do think and hope that 2nd gen v2 prices will start to climb when people get tired of electronics. When is the question. Could be 5 years, or 10 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
    Hate to say it, but that's not a realistic price anymore. This is due to the 1st gen v4 prices being only several hundred dollars to a grand or 2 more. You could get $5,000-5,500 easily though.

Bought my 2009 last year with 3k miles, great shape, for less than $5,500. I think thats more where the market is at. Even for a factory. I do agree that it doesn't help that people don't have taste, lol.

I do think and hope that 2nd gen v2 prices will start to climb when people get tired of electronics. When is the question. Could be 5 years, or 10 years from now.
    It's sad when it can't even bring kbb price... It's got a lot of great upgrades too. Oh well. I can save a few more dollars and keep it then add something else maybe.

Sent from my G3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
    I donít know. Iíve had my 07.5 listed for a couple of months at $5500 and have had some interest but only one has bothered to come look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 3sum View Post
    I donít know. Iíve had my 07.5 listed for a couple of months at $5500 and have had some interest but only one has bothered to come look at it.

Spring may also be a better time to sell although now is a great time to buy usually...the normal rules of motorcycle selling don't really seem to apply to these bikes though. Mine being a 2010 with all the goodies and the condition, I cannot imagine selling it less than $5500. Might as well keep it for awhile.

apriliaforum expert norcolmille's Avatar
    spring will improve the prices and yes -all of the above comments are true regarding value and competition. They are just so reliable and fun and this very inexpensive to maintain.

I sold my last gen2 factory last spring and looked hard at a v4t . I have a new bike project now -that arrived after I tried to buy a Gen2T non-factory but the price was too high IMO

Enjoy your T- when you tire list it here in for sale section and serious buyers will contact you.
    present
    Now a Gen2 "Factory" Tuono
    Last "Nera" RSVR sold to a good home pictured

5 past Apes and other rides too numerous to mention

Iíve listed mine everywhere *but* here because thereís a number of people just about giving them away. Iíd never be able to sell it here for remotely close to what I want.

apriliaforum Junkie
    The Aprilia devaluation is unfortunate, but real.
    I just missed buying a 2007 standard, low mile T with Akrapovic for $3800 ,so yeah, they are practically giving them away.
    I bought my last T on sale at a good price (cheaper than my last new bike, a GSXR750).
    But two years and 20K miles later I was having that itch again for a different bike.
    The dealer who I bought it from and that had done all the servicing offered me $6k on my nicely optioned 2014 (with a extended warrantee no less) towards a new unit.
    I got around the devaluation on my 2014 by trading it in on a 2007 Factory T.
    Neither of us could sell our bikes at a proper value but a trade made sense.
    So, I was able to get a great bike, with less mileage, put a few dollars in my pocket and have a "new to me bike".
    If I had bought a new bike I would of had to pony up an additional $10K for a 2017 which wasn't the direction I wanted to go.
    It's a bummer the resale is so low on a such a great bike.
    Hope you find a way to make the best of it like I did.
    DT

apriliaforum Member
    Factory Gen 2 are going for 3.XK on the forum. That is an absurd price! I think I might get a better trade in.

They are unvervalued. By all means, keep it if you can and just add more bikes to your collection. No matter what is in your collection, a Gen2 Tuono will always have a place. And there will still be days when it's the one you'll want to ride.
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000A
    2008 CBR1000RR - Track Only
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono R
    2005 Suzuki DR 650SE
    2003 Honda RC-51 - Street Legal Track Bike
    1996 Triumph Speed Triple
    1996 Triumph Super III

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheat View Post
    They are unvervalued. By all means, keep it if you can and just add more bikes to your collection. No matter what is in your collection, a Gen2 Tuono will always have a place. And there will still be days when it's the one you'll want to ride.
    So true. There's always room for a big beastly vtwin sport bike! Keeping mine for a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12