Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Ideas

apriliaforum prov-nov

Any Ideas

On what's up with values on the gen 2 Tuono's. Great bikes and by far the most fun bike to ride. But beginning to think could not give mine away. When I was looking 4-5 years ago any reasonable deals were gone immediately. Got mine priced lower than 95% out there and no interest what so ever. What gives on these bikes???? Something I don't know about the gen 2's that make them undesirable???

apriliaforum expert
    I think it's partly age, and that the first generation V4 prices have crashed for the large part. The price gap between a $7k low mile 2nd gen V2 and a $8k first gen V4 is so narrow that 2nd gen prices are currently not feasible. This is further pressed down by used prices of newer 1st gen V4s being sold in haste in order to get the 1100. I do think that similar to gen 1, at some point in the future the gen 2 will become more desirable than the first gen V4 and used prices will recover somewhat. We're just not there yet.

I picked up my current gen 2 for 2-3k less than what craigslist and other places were asking.

apriliaforum Member
    Aprilia also had a lot of leftover 7.5s and 08s. I bought my 08 new in late 2010 at a huge discount off msrp.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Ya been seeing that. Just discouraged at the hit I will take to sell the bike. Had some "nice" jap sport and naked bikes that would be considered somewhat junky compared to my APE. Price them in the middle of the market range and there gone in a few days. Thanks for the replies

That and the lack of a dealer network as most buyers don't work on their own stuff.
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000A
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono R
    2005 Suzuki DR 650
    2003 Honda RC-51
    1996 Triumph Speed Triple
    1996 Triumph Super III

Pretty much old undesirable platform to most now. Add to that its an italian moto with small dealer support. I had my priced at 3500 with its commuter blemishes and high miles here in the Bay Area, arguably the most moto friendly place in the US and it still didnt sell. Many lower miles cleaner examples are listed at not much more. I decided to keep it and keep riding the snot out of it. At a certain point, its just not worth selling it.
    07.5 Tuono

apriliaforum Member
    I have had mine out there for months now. No interest at all even being a factory with only 13k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
    I have had mine out there for months now. No interest at all even being a factory with only 13k miles.
    That's depressing. I'm toying with the idea of maybe selling mine. Seems like the only surefire way is to trade it in to a dealer and take a beating.

apriliaforum Member
    i am thinking of trading it into Sea coast. Being an Ape dealer, they might give better trade in.

I got mine at New Haven Powersports in 2014. I traded my 2009 Concours14 straight up for it, which I had originally bought as a new leftover from them in 2010. They had also sold my Tuono to it's original owner as a leftover in 2010.

I think now they are on the bottom of their deprecation cycle. Those that don't just look for rider aids and higher HP will notice the reliability and lower insurance costs and then appreciate the bike. The same thing is going on in the car world. Too many electronics and people are starting to go back to the basics.
    2007 Tuono 1000R Factory
    Cored OE Racing CansMap2Pazzo Knock-offs15-40AF1 Link PlatesAprilia Sliders
    Laminar WindscreenLowered PegsLED City and Tag Lights
    ProTaper Mini-LowClear Signal Lenses
    2017 High-Ball in Suede Nuclear Sunset Orange

2001 Futura in Silver - Sold, after 8.5 years of service.

Retired - DJ, Turntablist, Creator and Mixologist.
    Cored OE Cans vs Leo Vince Titanium Vid
    Slammin' Tunes!

HF152, 10-26954
    HF564 .024-.028

Chrome extension to see photobucket blocked pics.

apriliaforum Member
    Should have waited another year. They are just going for throwaway prices. I see older Japanese inlines fetching more money.

I have my eyes on a 2017 Tuono but have had zero interest in my near mint 2010 Tuono 1000r with only 8,200 miles. I love the bike and will not give it away. In my area if it's not a $3,000 or less jap bike it's not selling...sad, people have no money and no taste. Maybe I will sell my riding mower so I can have 2 bikes in the garage!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedieGTI View Post
    I have my eyes on a 2017 Tuono but have had zero interest in my near mint 2010 Tuono 1000r with only 8,200 miles. I love the bike and will not give it away. In my area if it's not a $3,000 or less jap bike it's not selling...sad, people have no money and no taste. Maybe I will sell my riding mower so I can have 2 bikes in the garage!
    What are you trying to sell it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
    What are you trying to sell it for?
    Listed for $6500 but would entertain serious offers.

Sent from my G3123 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast