Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rapid Bike EVO Exclusive (KRBEVO-032A-EX)

Rapid Bike EVO Exclusive (KRBEVO-032A-EX)

I just sent the following email to RapidBike's USA contacts. One is CyclePro in Orlando, FL. The other is listed on DimSports' website and is located in Ohio.

Hello,
    Is it possible to get the Rapid Bike EVO Exclusive (KRBEVO-032A-EX) for the Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 in the U.S.A.? If so, where can I purchase it, and what is the cost? I am located in Phoenix, Arizona 85234
    Thank you,
    Ryan

I've read some decent reviews on the EVO product on the Ducati sites. I'm interested to know if anyone here has any experience with them on their bikes. The "exclusive" is supposed to be a bit more cost effective, the only caveat being that it is bike-model specific.

Just starting this thread as a place-holder for anything I find out, or any input or feedback you all may have.
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, FatDuc, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO on order...

Response:

Of course but this Exclusive system is something we don't keep in inventory, if you would like to order it please let me know, I can order it for you, it will take at least 4 weeks since we have just placed and received our monthly order. $455+shipping.*

Best Regards,

Yaman Turan

Rapid Bike USA

Arrow.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, FatDuc, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO on order...

Next question:

Thank you. Would the non-exclusive kit be more readily available? If so, what is the cost? It's a fairly obscure bike model so I'm not sure if the non-exclusive kit would be easier to get, because of the specific wiring loom.

apriliaforum Junkie brandonmccann's Avatar
    Ebay has a few sellers with the non exclusive kit for the shiver. I wonder how much shipping would be for the exclusive? Ebay non exclusive seems to be about $530.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/871715-CENTR...FVB~mp&vxp=mtr

Wanted to do a Rexxer tune but cannot find a good place in Texas to have it done to the Shiver. Initially wanted the Bazzaz TC kit and found a seller with a great price on it, but looking at the Rapid Bike I think it would be more beneficial.

Though the Bazzaz does include the strain gauge quickshifter, so that's a plus. Rapid Bike Evo seems like a better unit to me though even if I would still end up using a healtech QS
    -----------------------------------------
    Seemingly endless conquest(WTB) for - Bazzaz Z-fi tc kit, Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, HLD Large Rear Fender, Carbon tank & ignition panels; For 2009 Shiver.
    For SALE - Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers and OEM mirrors; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Apex Clipons, 520 45T, Motocorsaro o2 Optimiser, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Accosatto clutch & brake masters, Mussan MPdemon header & decat link pipe, Skidmarx Bellypan, HLD seat cowl, Sport Screen, CRG Arrows, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders.

Another reply:

( Exclusive kits don't come with USB cable) HOWEVER, our price includes the USB cable as well.... I noticed your post on our FB page. We have only sold one last year. But this model is popular in overseas so I don't have any experience with your bike to be honest ! . Product has been sold in company general so no you are not a test mule *

Please keep in mind, we ONLY prove technical support *​if the product is purchased directly from us or one of our dealers.*

Phoenix MV Agusta is right around the corner from my house and is one of their dealers. I'll be purchasing the "exclusive" kit w/USB cable from them... as soon as funds permit.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Please for god sakes do a before and after Dyno! I am interested in the results! I’ll even help with the dyno fund.

I've got a shop that I was going to take my bike to simply to get a good read on my FatDuc adjustment. I'll try to get over there for a "before" run soon. Bike season is just picking up here in the Phoenix area. The shop may be a bit busy. Also, it may be a few months before I can actually get the Rabidbike paid for and delivered. I'll be doing the install myself. Then a few hundred miles to let the unit adjust the fueling parameters, then back to the dyno for an "after" run. I'll make a promise not to let this thread taper off into the ether. I hate when that happens. But it's not going to be an overnight ordeal.

Got the installation instructions emailed to me in order to study them while I wait for the unit to arrive. Seems fairly simple, aside from wire routing, which may take a few iterations.

Ordered the unit today, from a local dealer. Now the waiting game begins... 4-6 weeks...

apriliaforum Junkie brandonmccann's Avatar
    Can't wait for your Dyno run!

How much was the unit btw?
    -----------------------------------------
    Seemingly endless conquest(WTB) for - Bazzaz Z-fi tc kit, Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, HLD Large Rear Fender, Carbon tank & ignition panels; For 2009 Shiver.
    For SALE - Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers and OEM mirrors; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Apex Clipons, 520 45T, Motocorsaro o2 Optimiser, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Accosatto clutch & brake masters, Mussan MPdemon header & decat link pipe, Skidmarx Bellypan, HLD seat cowl, Sport Screen, CRG Arrows, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders.

$455

I really don't expect much more power, just smoother curves. I've done quite a few things to my bike. Just want to be certain it's getting proper fueling.

I've also been wondering if cutting a large hole on the top of the airbox and filling it with a K&N style filter will help the engine breathe better. The Rapidbike EVO will adjust to fuel it properly, so I can experiment.
    Last edited by rule62; 10-08-2017 at 01:09 AM.

Thinking of experimenting with something like this... http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...-of-Airbox-mod only with a reuseable type filter, and also keeping the BMC in place. The Rapidbike creates new maps for whatever mods you throw at it. I like to tinker, and hope to find the best area under the curve with a few iterations.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by rule62 View Post
    Thinking of experimenting with something like this... http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...-of-Airbox-mod only with a reuseable type filter, and also keeping the BMC in place. The Rapidbike creates new maps for whatever mods you throw at it. I like to tinker, and hope to find the best area under the curve with a few iterations.

I'll be interested to see here too, the Ducati guys always manage to squeeze a ton more power out with airbox mods and tuning.

Yes, my Ducatis (620, 748) responded really well to these types of mods. I've read that the biggest limiting factor with our engines is the valve lift/duration. I'm hoping I can squeeze whatever there is to be had out of the lump. The area under the torque curve is what my initial focus will be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast