Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Picked up a 17 RSV RR

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikofab View Post
    I made a similar mistake...only with the '17 CBR SP. Just got my Ape two weeks ago...feeling like a genius right about now.
    What didn't you like about the SP? I thought they sounded alright. I've to wonder if there are posts like this in reverse on honda yamaha and bmw forums, anyone see any?

apriliaforum newb
    I'm currently leaning towards a:17' RF, was considering the 2017 cbr sp, but in the end it's just a lightly updated cbr with new electronics... Was considering the r1m as well, carbon fairings best in class electronics, electronic ohlins... But the v4 sound of the rsv4 is amazing, and with all the super bike shoot outs favoring the rsv4, I think I'll be taking the plunge shortly, especially hearing your guy's personal experience with other bikes. I have a s1000rr, and it's nice, just doesn't really have much of a soul, coming from a Ducati 996, I miss the character of the Italian bikes

apriliaforum Junkie
    Sounds like Suzi have lifted their game finally too and the Duc is probably worth considering.

Then buy the Ape, you won't be disappointed, they're great out of the box, some people even keep the original muffler. There's a reason most of the tester's personal favourite is the ape, they do everything so well.

apriliaforum Member andyandtherman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinrut View Post
    I'm currently leaning towards a:17' RF, was considering the 2017 cbr sp, but in the end it's just a lightly updated cbr with new electronics... Was considering the r1m as well, carbon fairings best in class electronics, electronic ohlins... But the v4 sound of the rsv4 is amazing, and with all the super bike shoot outs favoring the rsv4, I think I'll be taking the plunge shortly, especially hearing your guy's personal experience with other bikes. I have a s1000rr, and it's nice, just doesn't really have much of a soul, coming from a Ducati 996, I miss the character of the Italian bikes
    I too came from a 1000RR. I agree, that bike had no soul. Mine was also put together shoddily. Neither is the case with my RF. I love this bike. In fact, in the 35 years I've been riding, it's hands down my favorite bike.
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by paulmm600 View Post
    Sounds like Suzi have lifted their game finally too and the Duc is probably worth considering.

Then buy the Ape, you won't be disappointed, they're great out of the box, some people even keep the original muffler. There's a reason most of the tester's personal favourite is the ape, they do everything so well.
    Yeah I'm thinking I'll keep the original muffler, will probably commute to work now and again, and don't want to piss the neighbors off too early in the morning

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by andyandtherman View Post
    I too came from a 1000RR. I agree, that bike had no soul. Mine was also put together shoddily. Neither is the case with my RF. I love this bike. In fact, in the 35 years I've been riding, it's hands down my favorite bike.
    Sorry to hear that about your s1000rr, mine hasn't had problems, and it is a great bike, just somehow doesn't evoke emotion

apriliaforum Member andyandtherman's Avatar
    Mine was a 2012 so almost immediately after I purchased it new, they had to yank the motor to add locktite )(sp?) to the connecting rod nut in cyl 1. Then the kickstand was a recall issue because they didn't locktite that bolt either. The rear seat cowl was $500 extra, and never fit right. The tail mounting plastics broke and it flopped around, seams didn't line up properly, the blinkers quit working bc of a switch issue... and then the oil leak started... 4k miles on a well cared for bike and it started to leak oil... Good riddance I say!
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123