Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a 17 RSV RR

Congrats mate! I also picked my my '17 couple of months back, and was also deciding between it and the R1 having had 3 R1s before this.
    Still learning about the RSV4 machinery

apriliaforum Member andyandtherman's Avatar
    Agreed, your dealer doesn't know, for whatever reason. I rode 51 miles today only using the clutch at traffic lights. No need for the throttle to be closed at all for either up, or downshifts.
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

apriliaforum Member
    Thanks all for giving me the impetus to try the auto blip once again with the throttle open. When I took delivery my apparently mis informed dealer ( and I see by others here he’s not alone) told me throttle must be closed. So early on I tried with throttle open and after a few herky jerky results and his comments I gave up on it. Yesterday I rode 240miles and tried again with a bit more confidence instilled by others here and it’s alive it’s alive. Works splendidly as I was hoping from date of purchase. So thanks guys and another reason this forum so helpful.

240 miles???? How many times did you have to find a Wal Mart and buy a new ass?
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andyandtherman View Post
    240 miles???? How many times did you have to find a Wal Mart and buy a new ass?
    Lol. My average ride is 200 miles on twisty upstate roads with too many deer. Yesterday’s 240 was the most in a single ride. I wear bicycle shorts under leathers and was a bit stiff afterward but the butt was fine. Oh yeah, I ride a bicycle a couple times weekly which gets your ass in shape.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydub727 View Post
    I test rode an RSV4 this summer in Austin, the bike is amazing. I opted to get one in August. Instead, I got a 17 R1....not as fun as I thought so I picked up an RSV4 RR last week. I should have gotten the Ape in the 1st place. So much more fun to ride than the R1 and the S1kRR. I'm glad I made the switch!
    Congratulations on the new ride! Pictures !?!

Quote Originally Posted by dcboy View Post
    Lol. My average ride is 200 miles on twisty upstate roads with too many deer. Yesterday’s 240 was the most in a single ride. I wear bicycle shorts under leathers and was a bit stiff afterward but the butt was fine. Oh yeah, I ride a bicycle a couple times weekly which gets your ass in shape.
    Explain bicycle shorts to me please. (seriously) Are they padded and thus make a long ride more bearable?

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by andyandtherman View Post
    Explain bicycle shorts to me please. (seriously) Are they padded and thus make a long ride more bearable?
    Yes. Armored/padded shorts for motorcycles (right) are padded for protection in most of the impact areas (thighs, hamstrings, hips, tailbone), whereas cycling shorts (left) only have padding for comfort in the seat and ....errr, 'grundle' area.

I haven't ever tried the cycling shorts on a motorcycle.

-Christian

Ahhh. Gotcha. I would assume padded/armored shorts would provide extra comfort, as well as safety, under the leathers or especially under motorcycle pants that have some level of protection already built in???? I'm looking for the magic ass pillow

Update: I ordered a pair of Alpinestars pro comp shorts to go underneath my protective pants. Found them silly cheap from a company in Ireland called Chain Reaction Cycle. With expedited shipping, it's still cheaper than most everywhere here. Plus I needed the big girl size that most don't carry. If anyone is interested, here's the link.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/u...s/rp-prod92048
    Last edited by andyandtherman; 10-01-2017 at 04:57 PM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I test rode an RSV4 this summer in Austin, the bike is amazing. I opted to get one in August. Instead, I got a 17 R1....not as fun as I thought so I picked up an RSV4 RR last week. I should have gotten the Ape in the 1st place. So much more fun to ride than the R1 and the S1kRR. I'm glad I made the switch!
    I made a similar mistake...only with the '17 CBR SP. Just got my Ape two weeks ago...feeling like a genius right about now.
    2017 RSV4RR

apriliaforum prov-nov
    for me the r1 had a really aggressive saddle. I'm 6'1 215ish and the ape felt comfy to me. Also the insurance is waaayyyy higher for the R1, at least for me. Less claims in this area for the Ape I suppose.
    So weird you say that. I was shocked after buying my '17 Ape. My full coverage insurance actually went DOWN when compared to my '11 Honda CBR1000rr. I was like WTF?!
    2017 RSV4RR

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I tried padded motorcycle underwear and found them to be a waste of money, at least for me, my butt got just as sore just as fast as it did without padded shorts.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikofab View Post
    I made a similar mistake...only with the '17 CBR SP. Just got my Ape two weeks ago...feeling like a genius right about now.
    I almost went that route as well, the 17 CBR1000.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikofab View Post
    So weird you say that. I was shocked after buying my '17 Ape. My full coverage insurance actually went DOWN when compared to my '11 Honda CBR1000rr. I was like WTF?!
    Yep, the difference was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    I tried padded motorcycle underwear and found them to be a waste of money, at least for me, my butt got just as sore just as fast as it did without padded shorts.
    Hopefully, I'll have a better experience. If not, then I'll have padded underwear to parade around in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast