Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hey friends, meet Mr. Douchenozzle, the moto-hating assbag that nearly killed me toda

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by disco dave View Post
    I dig that. Was thinking about something similar. Looks like the Monadnock Expandable Baton I used to carry on duty when I was an MP. Quick blow to the upper thigh will drop a grown man to his knees.
    I apologise for my now removed message
    Last edited by chris1576; 10-02-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Reason

Always wanted one of those Glare Mout laser dazzlers myself!

Quote Originally Posted by chris1576 View Post
    ASP's (extendable baton) suck.
    Arnold baton never let me (un-armed) down, it made knife wielding scum shit in their pants.
    It's just a bit hi-viz
    why do they suck? i detached/extended said unit just fine. seemed like a great deal to me.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

apriliaforum expert
    DUI should always press charges.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Is "heading home" the right thing to do under these circumstances?

I'm not sure I'd want the jerk to know for sure exactly where I lived. Granted you might cross paths again at some point in the future, given how close he lives to you, but a) you don't necessarily know that at the time, and b) even if you do cross him in the street he still doesn't know where you live, unless he happens to see you in your driveway riding the same moto, and he still wouldn't be sure about the ID.

Regardless, it's a tough situation and you handled it well, given all the decisions you had to make quickly and while under stress.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by spin10k View Post
    Is "heading home" the right thing to do under these circumstances?

I'm not sure I'd want the jerk to know for sure exactly where I lived. Granted you might cross paths again at some point in the future, given how close he lives to you, but a) you don't necessarily know that at the time, and b) even if you do cross him in the street he still doesn't know where you live, unless he happens to see you in your driveway riding the same moto, and he still wouldn't be sure about the ID.

Regardless, it's a tough situation and you handled it well, given all the decisions you had to make quickly and while under stress.
    Not really the best idea to lead them to your own home. I will go to a bank or other place known for having a panic button before I lead a miscreant to my family. That has to be a predetermined thing that you have set in your mind before such an event occurs. I worked in a government skiff and they really drilled this into us about what to do if we thought someone was following/tailing us. Turn off, do not come to the skiff or go home and head for the nearest bank, check cashing center, pawn shop or gas station where someone will call the police if they observe a confrontation. I have a bluetooth headset in my helmet with "Call 911" set as a voice prompt too.

Some riders keep an expandable Kubaton with a glass breaking tip on their bikes in case someone tries to make physical contact with another vehicle. I would prefer to ride off where a 4 wheeled vehicle won't fit when possible to avoid the confrontation part but thankfully I have never had to do that except to avoid a traffic pileup. Darted through a gap in the Jersey Barriers and the mayhem all happened on the other side.
    Last edited by Rockynv; 09-19-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    They are a bit fat for an Ape but would be within easy reach as pillion pegs on a Tuono.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnutt View Post
    They are a bit fat for an Ape but would be within easy reach as pillion pegs on a Tuono.
    no, i wouldn't mount one on my bike-i always carry. but i think it's a good option for some.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Sitting on a park bench. Eyeing little girls with bad intent. Channeling Jethro Tull.
    Would it help if they got a barrage of picture postcards of other nozzles in the snail mail?

No words, just pics. This nozzle tried to pass in the center left turn lane on a busy city street by me this AM.
    Fucking helicopter woke me up and hovered for half hour. Probably TV chopper, trauma center hospital is 2 blocks away.
    How fast do you think he was going to wreck the car so bad?
    Truck driver was OK at least, temp parking of big ass trucks in the center "suicide" lane is a common practice here.

Post address if you want anon postcards. Don't expect sympathy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dead Lexus.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	376.1 KB 
ID:	342603
    My Tuono suits me to a "T".
    Thunder!

That will exceed the deductible.

half of that car is still useful.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Strange scenes on I-40.

Poor Huma Abedin would have an aneurysm if she saw this giant Wienermobile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	482.2 KB 
ID:	342609  

Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    Been reading this thread today and it unnerves me we've been planing to do a big American ride ( 3to 4 months) taking in a bit of bike raceing and just wondering about starting on the south west ( like to see Alcatraz) and meet a few of you and the af1 shop I'd like to buy 2 bikes for the trip and ship them home or sell them off but is it safe with all the red neck nutters I've riden bikes all over Europe and North Africa in the past without a problem sorry to pinch into this thread
    Haga don't sweat it, don't let one asshole mess with your plans. There are alot of great places to ride here and better people to meet. I think there are assholes in Europe and North Africa , didn't stop you there.

^ Exactly. Remember that this forum represents such a small fraction of a percentage of the US population. Encounters with nutjobs like the one the OP dealt with are no more likely to happen here than anywhere else in the world I'd say.

There are innumerable cool places to visit and see here, don't like an interaction like this one deter you from your trip. Hell, if I had the time and money I'd love to do the same trip.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Check out the ADV forum for lots of neat stories of touring the US (and the rest of the world, for that matter):

http://advrider.com/index.php?forums...epic-rides.99/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast