Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey friends, meet Mr. Douchenozzle, the moto-hating assbag that nearly killed me toda

apriliaforum newb
    Where are you from in Oklahoma Dave? I live in O.K.C but I'm originally from elk city and I have ran in to this type on several occasions

Quote Originally Posted by bhiggins View Post
    Where are you from in Oklahoma Dave? I live in O.K.C but I'm originally from elk city and I have ran in to this type on several occasions
    I grew up in Yukon. Left there after high school to go to work for Uncle Sam (Air Force). In fairness ive heard its changed dramatically there since i left, which was over 20 years ago. Heard its grown commercially, lots of commuters moving out that way as housing prices in places like Edmond have risen. Havent been back in a long while.

But it feels here like a bigger version of what i remember of Yukon. Lily white, narrow-minded, 85% nice folks, 15% unredeemable white trash, the kind of folks that keep the local meth labs in business. Like our subject, for instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200
    1999 Ducati 748

While it would be nice to be the "better man" and walk away you'll need him to allow that for a acceptable conclusion. You think this cretin is done? Not a chance. He's found someone he can successfully bully and like a kid whose pulled the wings from a fly will continue to torment. He's a tough guy in the 2 ton vehicle but a nothing more than a blustery wind outside of it or the first post would have been different. Police or covert actions need to be taken to end this now. I've experience with these guys and they need to be dealt with forcefully in one way or another. You've got family so perhaps a follow up call to the sherriff's office would be the best path. But do not let this go. He needs to know without a doubt in his little cranium this guy needs to be left alone. My biggest concern is the beer and driving. He'll kill you w/o intending to. Fix it now.
    "All political power comes from the barrel of either guns,pussy or opium pipes.......and people seem to like it that way."

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Let's hope this clown has a short attention span, as is often the case. Maybe he has better things to do, like shoplifting some sexy lingerie for his mom.

If he didn't live 'round the corner from the OP he may forget. Chances are they cross paths frequently.
    "All political power comes from the barrel of either guns,pussy or opium pipes.......and people seem to like it that way."

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Let's hope this clown has a short attention span, as is often the case. Maybe he has better things to do, like shoplifting some sexy lingerie for his sister-wife.

Fixed it.
    JD

'01 Futura

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by TRexRacing View Post
    While it would be nice to be the "better man" and walk away you'll need him to allow that for a acceptable conclusion. You think this cretin is done? Not a chance. He's found someone he can successfully bully and like a kid whose pulled the wings from a fly will continue to torment. He's a tough guy in the 2 ton vehicle but a nothing more than a blustery wind outside of it or the first post would have been different. Police or covert actions need to be taken to end this now. I've experience with these guys and they need to be dealt with forcefully in one way or another. You've got family so perhaps a follow up call to the sherriff's office would be the best path. But do not let this go. He needs to know without a doubt in his little cranium this guy needs to be left alone. My biggest concern is the beer and driving. He'll kill you w/o intending to. Fix it now.
    I take exception to your claim that the dirtbag found someone he could bully. The OP did not back down and the police were notified. I don't know exactly what you mean by covert action but I think it is a terrible idea with no real upside.

My recommendation for the "better man" strategy is for instances that in which it can be deployed extremely quickly and before the dirtbag has a chance to get his blood boiling.

The OP is well past that point and he knows it. The OP has made the last decisive move. He notified the county sheriff and a visit to the dirtbags residence ensued. Mr. Douchenozzle now knows that further engagement with the OP could result in another meeting wth the DA or a call from his parole officer.

My suggestion is to let it go, unless the dirtbag makes another move.

Again, you can't fix Stupid.
    2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100
    2016 BMW S1000XR (2)
    2013 BMW K1600GT

hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Quote Originally Posted by TRexRacing View Post
    Yeah i should probably elaborate on some of the details of the LE contact...

First, hats off to Deputy Tomte of the Harris Co Sheriffs Office. One of the most courteous, thorough, and professional LEOs with whom I've ever come in contact, and due to my past employment experiences, I've had lots of contact with LEOs.

One thing that I learned from this...apparently there is an arrangement with HCSO to have a deputy assigned to our neighborhood, sounds like a portion of our HOA dues go to subsidize the Sheriffs Office to ensure a deputy is in or very near to the neighborhood all the time. Deputy Tomte is that guy. His beat is my neighborhood and the adjacent one. After the contact, he gave me a card with his cellphone number; told me if there are ever any issues with this guy, call him directly and he'd handle it. So that's good.

Also another detail I forgot to mention earlier. The deputies tried to make contact with the guy, but he'd left and the truck was no longer there. After all was said and done and the deputies had departed, I left the house to make a run to the store. On my way back, I drove by the offenders house. Surprise, the truck had come back. My guess was they left until the sheriffs were gone, then the wife called them and told them it was safe to return. Also surprise, the deputies had returned to the residence. Not sure what that was all about, if this guy actually did have warrants or what, but it appears they did end up making contact with the guy. Since then, I have not seen that truck at the residence.

So from a family safety standpoint, I can say that:
    1) this guys face and vehicle are on record with the HCSO
    2) the deputy that is assigned to my neighborhood knows him, knows me, knows where we both live, and knows the details
    3) I know where he lives, what he drives, and what he's capable of

I've also shown my wife and kids pictures of him and the vehicle, and we've all driven by the house to see where it is. Actually we have to drive by it to get out of the neighborhood. So if anything untoward happens, we all know what we're looking for.

I think that is the best solution for now. The only other thing I've been contemplating doing is posting a BOLO to facebook with this guy's picture and his license plate number to warn motorcyclists in the area about this dude. Even as stupid as he obviously is, Im pretty confident hes not dumb enough to come back and try to start shit with me at my residence. But he's obviously okay with running motorcyclists over, so it might be worth it to make him famous on social media, although i dont have a very extensive network here in this area.
    1999 Ducati 748

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    I dig that. Was thinking about something similar. Looks like the Monadnock Expandable Baton I used to carry on duty when I was an MP. Quick blow to the upper thigh will drop a grown man to his knees.
    1999 Ducati 748

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by disco dave View Post
    .....I think that is the best solution for now......
    I agree! It sounds like you have all the bases covered.

Good luck!
    2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100
    2016 BMW S1000XR (2)
    2013 BMW K1600GT

Used to be sunny Durham, now dull and rainy Midlands, England
    There are 2 smart things to do when looking to move into, or having just bought a new house Dave.

1) When looking, visit the local LEO's and ask them for an assessment of the area you're looking to buy in.

2) Once you're there, do what you've just done (but in the first couple of days) - make contact with the most local LEO's around, especially those that may patrol the area you live; let them know you've moved in, who's in your family, give them contact details should anything happen whilst you're away from home (fire/floood/burglary etc) - also find out what neighourhood events they attend/support and join in some time, with the family. You never know when being on their right side will be of help.

We were just recently looking at moving to a rural village, close the seaside and very close to a local Nature Reserve, in what looked like a "nice, quiet" place - just close enough to major towns (15 mins either way), but far enough away to have some peace. We were pretty much set to take the plunge apart from just a very slight unease (house prices in the area maybe seemed just a bit "too good".

Anyway, asking the local Police for information was really helpful - they described how they would "assess" an area for potential crime-related issues and advised us to check out a couple of things - which was actually invaluable. Going to the village centre and specifically looking for certain things highlighted some of the "social" issues in the village (very discrete public CCTV monitoring system that wasn't visible unless you were really looking for it) - which shone a light on the house prices and rang the alarm bells for us. Talking further to people in the local shops (just saying hello and asking how things were), we found out about disorder and behaviour issues which all together meant we didn't buy the house.
    Cheers,

"I am a selfish, self-righteous tosser", a "fucking loser" and now an "absolute fucking idiot"

Me - '03 RSV Mille, '89 FJ 1200 x 2, & '75 TL 125 & Schweizer S300 CBi Helicopter
    Wife - '01 FZ1 (Fazer 1000), '86 VF 750 Interceptor and '07 CRF 230F
    Kids - '03 Fazer 600, GY 125 and CRF 100 off roaders, '10 Reiju RS2 50 Matrix Pro

Quote Originally Posted by disco dave View Post
    Yeah i should probably elaborate on some of the details of the LE contact...

First, hats off to Deputy Tomte of the Harris Co Sheriffs Office. One of the most courteous, thorough, and professional LEOs with whom I've ever come in contact, and due to my past employment experiences, I've had lots of contact with LEOs.

One thing that I learned from this...apparently there is an arrangement with HCSO to have a deputy assigned to our neighborhood, sounds like a portion of our HOA dues go to subsidize the Sheriffs Office to ensure a deputy is in or very near to the neighborhood all the time. Deputy Tomte is that guy. His beat is my neighborhood and the adjacent one. After the contact, he gave me a card with his cellphone number; told me if there are ever any issues with this guy, call him directly and he'd handle it. So that's good.

Also another detail I forgot to mention earlier. The deputies tried to make contact with the guy, but he'd left and the truck was no longer there. After all was said and done and the deputies had departed, I left the house to make a run to the store. On my way back, I drove by the offenders house. Surprise, the truck had come back. My guess was they left until the sheriffs were gone, then the wife called them and told them it was safe to return. Also surprise, the deputies had returned to the residence. Not sure what that was all about, if this guy actually did have warrants or what, but it appears they did end up making contact with the guy. Since then, I have not seen that truck at the residence.

So from a family safety standpoint, I can say that:
    1) this guys face and vehicle are on record with the HCSO
    2) the deputy that is assigned to my neighborhood knows him, knows me, knows where we both live, and knows the details
    3) I know where he lives, what he drives, and what he's capable of

I've also shown my wife and kids pictures of him and the vehicle, and we've all driven by the house to see where it is. Actually we have to drive by it to get out of the neighborhood. So if anything untoward happens, we all know what we're looking for.

I think that is the best solution for now. The only other thing I've been contemplating doing is posting a BOLO to facebook with this guy's picture and his license plate number to warn motorcyclists in the area about this dude. Even as stupid as he obviously is, Im pretty confident hes not dumb enough to come back and try to start shit with me at my residence. But he's obviously okay with running motorcyclists over, so it might be worth it to make him famous on social media, although i dont have a very extensive network here in this area.

Good luck hope this is over for ya.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

apriliaforum expert
    Dave - Around here there is a public "Wall Of Shame" that many of these folks photos get posted on when they step too far out of line. Many leave the area when the social stigma gets too great for them since just about every local knows their face and is on the lookout for them.

Police are assigned to a neighborhood here too and folks known to be troublesome may find the police will be taking their lunch or filling out the morning, afternoon or evening reports from a cruiser parked by their house. They officer assigned will usually give out their direct contact number so you can call them with concerns or advise them that you may be away for a hospital stay, vacation, etc and they will make it a point to check your home more regularly for suspicious activity.

A few weeks ago the assigned officer was knocking on the doors of folks who were leaving their garages open and unattended. This invites a break in/walk in unwanted guest inside your home since most garages are attached to the house and not a separate structure.

Maintain that good relationship with the deputy and be wary about locking your doors and garage until this guy is fully dealt with.

apriliaforum expert uberchicken's Avatar
    Get outta Spring! Hope you are just renting and can easily move.

concealed carry is pretty easy to get...
    UBERCHICKEN

2007 Tuono Factory 1060- AF1 Built with all sorts of goodies!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast