Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey friends, meet Mr. Douchenozzle, the moto-hating assbag that nearly killed me toda

Haga Lout, do not be afeard of the idiots. Come to the USA and enjoy your trip! Hey, I did the great vacation to Europe earlier this year, in spite of horrific stuff going on in the UK and France at the same time. Good people, get out amongst it.

It was so inspiring to see St. Paul's in London, a lasting symbol of steadfast defiance to evil! That doesn't happen if evil turns me away.
    Last edited by Ricardo J; 09-16-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Haga Lout, do not be afeard of the idiots. Come to the USA and enjoy your trip! Hey, I did the great vacation to Europe earlier this year, in spite of horrific stuff going on in the UK and France at the same time. Good people, get out amongst it.

It was so inspiring to see St. Paul's in London, a lasting symbol of steadfast defiance to evil! That doesn't happen if evil turns me away.
    Thanks for that Ricardo it's the thought of saying the wrong think if I made a mistake and it escalates don't fancy having a gun pointed at my missus I know 99% of people are fine you just seem to get a lot of road rage I've had it over here Bloke chased me across town in a van got out and smashed the car with a bat I just filmed him on my phone and got the police involved he got 12 months and had to pay damages 20 years ago I'd of beat the crap out of him I'm to old to roll around now

apriliaforum Junkie
    You can't fix Stupid! Nature has failed to adequately eliminate them from the gene pool.

When confronting Stupid do your best to de-escalate the situation as you never know how Stupid will react or what weapons they possess. Complete morons (especially drunk/drugged ones) like these can't be reasoned with and you need to either get away from them or have them get away from you.

Stupid took offense to something you did. Don't know what it was and probably never will. Hard to say what sets these degenerates off. Could be the motorcycle or the color of your jacket, who knows.

I have one suggestion and it can be hard for many folks to even contemplate. When physically confronted by a stupid fucking doucebag looking for a fight simply say "I am sorry if I did something to offend you" and leave slowly. These buttheads are expecting you to start yelling back and when you don't they have no clue how to react. Don't stick around waiting for round 2 or round 3.
    Last edited by bmac; 09-17-2017 at 04:24 AM.
    2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100
    2016 BMW S1000XR (2)
    2013 BMW K1600GT

Good wisdom there, about keeping one's own gob shut to avoid escalations with those who may be insane. I have not always excelled in that STFU thing, to be honest.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Good wisdom there, about keeping one's own gob shut to avoid escalations with those who may be insane. I have not always excelled in that STFU thing, to be honest.
    +1. I've been having those lapses of judgment at work lately.
    Current rigs:

'16 Tuono RR -street
    '13 RSV4 -race
    '13 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
    '13 Yamaha WR450F
    '12 GSXR 600 - race
    '07 GSXR 750 - race
    '03 KDX 200
    '17 Tao Tao Hellcat - pit bike

Hey friends, meet Mr. Douchenozzle, the moto-hating assbag that nearly killed me toda

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post

I have one suggestion and it can be hard for many folks to even contemplate. When physically confronted by a stupid fucking doucebag looking for a fight simply say "I am sorry if I did something to offend you" and leave slowly. These buttheads are expecting you to start yelling back and when you don't they have no clue how to react. Don't stick around waiting for round 2 or round 3.
    I think that is fantastic advice. I cant say ive always been man enough to do that, and i know ive probably shot my mouth off before when i shouldnt have, but certainly as ive gotten older, ive gained a great deal more perspective on life, as to whats important and whats not, whats worth fighting for and whats best left alone. Its my policy now to try as best i can to just let it go.

ive not been party to very many road rage incidents in my life, but this one was definitely the toughest. Whats really screwing with me about it is that one, it was absolutely and totally unprovoked, like straight out of the blue, and two, im realizing now exactly how vulnerable i was. Typically most bikes will out accelerate a crappy old pickup, even my Capo. Not an option in a residential neighborhood. Stop signs, turns, pedestrians, no room. Slowing down didnt help, he just pulled up beside me, very narrow streets, very little room to maneuver. A couple options to stop: just pull over right there, hope he goes away after he vents, that seemed like it would result in a physical altercation. I could go home, i was just around the corner. Was trying not to do that though, didnt want the guy to know where i live. The other thing i could have done i suppose is leave the neighborhood and drive to a heavily populated area (shopping center, etc) and just ride around until he got tired of following. But i figure that the longer i was on the bike, the greater i was at risk of being run over. The way he was trying to run me off the road, he wouldnt have had to misjudge things by much to put me in the hospital. I guess getting to the safest place the quickest and start recording was about the best i could do.

But as far as engaging people, im all for the idea of de escalation, just walk away knowing youre the bigger person.

It also blows my mind how many people think its socially acceptable to angrily confront strangers in public. What the hell is going on with that these days? What in their minds makes them think its okay to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by disco dave; 09-16-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200
    1999 Ducati 748

Similar situations have ended for me with a little discretion,patience and planning. Homey don't play dat shit. Cannot shoot 'em unless they're in yer house around here. But......

"All political power comes from the barrel of either guns,pussy or opium pipes.......and people seem to like it that way."

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by TRexRacing View Post
    Similar situations have ended for me with a little discretion,patience and planning. Homey don't play dat shit. Cannot shoot 'em unless they're in yer house around here. But......

Why don't we have a thumbs up button?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Pete

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Weird. Was behind someone yesterday on way home to work much like ur neighbor....

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
    Why don't we have a thumbs up button?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I was just thinking that the other day. Went to "like" a forum post and was like, oh yeah, not on facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200
    1999 Ducati 748

I really liked the turbine bearing sounding rod we had stored in the powerplant control room. Solid stainless steel, about 4' long by 3/4” diameter, a pencil tip on one end and a welded ball on the other. Hefty! It would make quite the persuader, methinks.

first of all-douchenozzle. love it. secondly-the only good reason for having a go pro on your bike.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    first of all-douchenozzle. love it. secondly-the only good reason for having a go pro on your bike.
    Don't get a go pro, get a Nuviz instead.

Rear view.

Did you get a good look at this rat's backside, Dave?

Name:  IMG_5760.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  12.5 KB

apriliaforum expert
    People carry Bubba Stiks (made by a ex motorcycle racer with bad knees) in Texas for a reason. Glad your OK but parts of Texas are unfortunately known for that type of mentality.
    http://www.stepinstik.com/about.cfm
    Last edited by Rockynv; 09-17-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast