Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hey friends, meet Mr. Douchenozzle, the moto-hating assbag that nearly killed me toda

apriliaforum newb
    I live in Yukon/Mustang sw 29th and Morgan Rd actually, its OKC address Mustang schools. My brother lives .5 mile away and he is Yukon address.

On the Englandshire side of the Welsh Border
    Confused here.
    Isn't this EXACTLY wat guns are for?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Confused here.
    Isn't this EXACTLY wat guns are for?
    Thought they was for prizing from cold dead hands !

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I'd be more concerned about the standard of driving on a trip across the states than being confronted by an idiot like this, I've been three or four times now and met nothing but nice folks, always in the South/Gulf area, loved N.Orleans especially but prefer the small towns/villages, everybody seemed cool as.

For Haga, I've now done four big bike trips across and around the US between 2004 and 2015 and Jude and I are going back next year again. There has been only one occasion where we were even mildly worried and that was when the GPS took us through a really sketchy area in Philly.

I'd suggest if you want to go to any of the big, famous, cities plan what you want to see, go in, see it and get out fast. Of course there are great museums and art galleries but at the end of the day a city is a city is a city and if you're going to run into trouble chances are it will be in, surprise surprise, a big city!

The vast majority of Americans are kind, decent and generous to a fault. The country is stuffed with geographical and topological wonders and it's these, especially the National Parks, that keep us coming back again and again.

This next trip we'll be doing in a car, partly because of age and comfort but also because distracted driving in the US is about a zillion times worse than anywhere else I've been! We saw so much frightening behaviour on our last bike trip, once again mainly in cities and on freeways, that we just decided the added protection of a steel box was worth it. Travelling by bike though is fantastic as the road networks are fantastic and generally well maintained, (Compared to Oz.).

Only saw a few guns. Knew they were out there but it really isn't like the Wild West and you can meet assholes anywhere!

Go visit. It's a fantastic country with wonderful people. It's just a pity about the food which is in general awful!

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

Quote Originally Posted by pete roper View Post

The country is stuffed with geographical and topological wonders and it's these, especially the National Parks, that keep us coming back again and again.
    Pete, come to the Oregon Coast and I'll buy you a Dead Guy! (or 4!)
    "I spent most of it on scotch, cigars and women. The rest I just wasted"

Current: 2008 Tuono Factory w/arrow, mapII
    Sold:
    Well sorted 2001 TL1000R
    2003 RSV-R spec Mille

I have!
    Professional Goat Burster.

It's just a pity about the food which is in general awful!

Pete

Hey, wait a damn minute....

Ok, that's mostly true.
    JD

'01 Futura

pete, your fourth paragraph is so true. getting worse. cell phones. adults and young people alike. i scream at 1 or 2 people a day. and there is a law here. cops don't enforce shit. even though there are accidents constantly.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Glad you avoided deeper shit, Dave.

Driving the cage down the road I spotted a guy who was about to make an illegal turn so in my never-ending mode of taking care of people who can't take care of themselves I gave him two short, polite beeps to say, "hey friend, best not make that turn, eh?" Next thing I knew, he floored it, chased me down and came within inches of my rear bumper. Then sped around in front of me and seriously braked checked me causing me serious concern of a collision. This went on for about 3 blocks when we finally came to a red light with him behind me. I called 911 and had to turn around in my seat to give them a good description of him and the car and hopefully a license plate but he was too close for the latter. He realized what was happening and his mood/mode changed right away. So later on I realized that I had indeed been assaulted with a deadly weapon and also decided that if that shit happens again I will be pressing those charges. If Douchenozzle's doing it to me (or you) then he's doing that shit to others as well and he needs to be controlled.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Its the same over here, the odd person gets pulled but basically cutbacks on cops have made them invisible on our roads and highways, I even caught a fker I thought was drunk on the dual carriageway (highway) veering across both lanes one morning and looked in as I passed quickly and she was reading a bloody kindle.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345