Thread: Purchase of the 2018 DD 900

apriliaforum newb

Purchase of the 2018 DD 900

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum as I've just gotten into Aprilias lately, looking into getting myself a 2018 DD900. I live in Los Angeles, CA so was wondering which Aprilia dealers around here have the best prices and customer service. I'm willing to go up/down to San Diego/Santa Barbara if the prices are better.

Aside from dealership question I have a couple more:
    2. Does anyone know the exact freight charges to LA? I emailed Aprilia Customer service but they haven't gotten back to me.
    3. Anyone experienced any issues or just general experience with the new DD900 in the United States?

Any positive advice is welcomed!

ProItalia has a DD900 in stock (as well as a leftover 750). I've bought 4 bikes from them, always had great service.

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks, Temple City Powersports gave me an OTD price of 12,585, Pro Italia was cool with telling me to let them know the prices I get and they'll try to beat it, they didn't.

Did you try GP Motorcycles in San Diego? I did not have good luck with Temple City when I had some warranty work done.

apriliaforum newb

GP Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Did you try GP Motorcycles in San Diego? I did not have good luck with Temple City when I had some warranty work done.
    What sort of warranty work? I emailed GP Cycles and they were pretty cool but I live almost 120 miles from them. If I have warranty/recall work can't I just bring I think to any Aprilia dealer? For the OTD price I'm paying it so just MSRP+Tax+Card fees (cause I'm paying with credit card), Pro Italia wasn't offering better deal so I can safely assume Santa Monica and Newport aprilia isn't gonna be offering better deals either

The warranty work was on an RSVR.
    Newport Italian does not exist any longer.
    You can get warranty work done at any authorized dealer.

apriliaforum newb

Aprilia Newport Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    The warranty work was on an RSVR.
    Newport Italian does not exist any longer.
    You can get warranty work done at any authorized dealer.
    oh nice, thanks for the info on the warranty work. I was referring to Aprilia Newport Beach, they don't do test rides unless you have full converse insurance, temple city allowed me to do test rides by myself with a waiver.

Clarification on Newport Beach dealers might be useful: while Newport Italian is finito, newly formed Aprilia of Newport Beach is not. They're located at Ducati of Newport Beach, go to www.aprilianewportbeach.com . And be sure to ask Sadie Hernandez if she looks like a South Park character, as shown on their Staff page!

Another fine SoCal shop is Thousand Oaks Powersports. These guys and gals took very good care of me in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Clarification on Newport Beach dealers might be useful: while Newport Italian is finito, newly formed Aprilia of Newport Beach is not. They're located at Ducati of Newport Beach, go to www.aprilianewportbeach.com .
    I did not know that.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Clarification on Newport Beach dealers might be useful: while Newport Italian is finito, newly formed Aprilia of Newport Beach is not. They're located at Ducati of Newport Beach, go to www.aprilianewportbeach.com . And be sure to ask Sadie Hernandez if she looks like a South Park character, as shown on their Staff page!

Another fine SoCal shop is Thousand Oaks Powersports. These guys and gals took very good care of me in the past.
    HA! This forum is a trip. I'll definitely take the DD900 to Thousand Oaks if I have warranty work especially if Temple City is giving me a hard time.