Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Official Aprilia High Flow AirFilter Kit (idiot-proof guide)

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderpantsV4 View Post
    Stock and Aprilia/Akrapovic fuelling, note they are both rich. Race map adds approx 10bhp at 70mph, I wonder now what the difference will be. Forget K&N and forget Sprint, go with the official kit from Aprilia and you wont regret it but will notice it.
    nice, can you post a link of what should be ordered from Af1 ? it's an RSV4 air filter with an andapter ??

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
    nice, can you post a link of what should be ordered from Af1 ? it's an RSV4 air filter with an andapter ??
    here you go... http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...dproduct=64186

apriliaforum expert
    Call me crazy but that looks EXACTLY like an un-oiled K&N.....that being the case no way I would run it - you guys do what best for you of course, hehe . My personal experience with oiled K&N's is that they do allow some stuff through...when I used to service them I always found very fine grit and oil residue at the TB entrances. Without oil I am scared to think what that filter will let through......

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
    Call me crazy but that looks EXACTLY like an un-oiled K&N.....that being the case no way I would run it - you guys do what best for you of course, hehe . My personal experience with oiled K&N's is that they do allow some stuff through...when I used to service them I always found very fine grit and oil residue at the TB entrances. Without oil I am scared to think what that filter will let through......
    surely it's better than an un oiled K&N... it's an OEM part.... ( I hope)

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
    surely it's better than an un oiled K&N... it's an OEM part.... ( I hope)
    One would hope but if it is un-oiled gauze it's not going to catch dirt very well. Hopefully I am wrong, lol.....

apriliaforum Junkie
    CR, I'm finding only pre-oiled K&N filters for Tuono (K&N AL-1010 and K&N AL-1010R). Having said that, perhaps Aprilia's kit is pre-oiled too? I personally prefer MWR, which is oiled for sure, but it's interesting that Aprilia sells this kit. There are only two conclusions here: A. this filter is good and we are splitting hairs B. Aprilia sells OEM parts that will damage the motor over a long run, which they would do only if they knew that these engines are no good for a long term use anyway, hahaha I think, I'll try it.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrider View Post
    CR, I'm finding only pre-oiled K&N filters for Tuono (K&N AL-1010 and K&N AL-1010R). Having said that, perhaps Aprilia's kit is pre-oiled too? I personally prefer MWR, which is oiled for sure, but it's interesting that Aprilia sells this kit. There are only two conclusions here: A. this filter is good and we are splitting hairs B. Aprilia sells OEM parts that will damage the motor over a long run, which they would do only if they knew that these engines are no good for a long term use anyway, hahaha I think, I'll try it.
    LOL..we will see.....

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I have the filter and it looks exactly like an unoiled K&N. It is not pre-oiled.
    I have had several brands of the cotton gauze type and none of them filtered well.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I have the filter and it looks exactly like an unoiled K&N. It is not pre-oiled.
    I have had several brands of the cotton gauze type and none of them filtered well.

seeing this, I guess I'd be better off with another brand.

still can't believe aprilia would go on and market a BAD filter..

or there is something we don't get ? maybe it's for track use or something??( used on a CLEAN track with no dust lol..yeah right)

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Interesting. Wasn't the same filter used as stock on RSV4? I thought someone said that it was stock on some models/years. Well, someone has to try it and report results after one season of riding to know for sure.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb
    I received conflicting feedback from AF1:

"It's a dry type filter

Wash it just like a K&N. plain soap and water. A very light misting of K&n oil wouldn't hurt anything either."

apriliaforum expert
    I would not use it without some oil...believe what you want, lol. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with the stock filter and HP it supports per the tuners .

apriliaforum Junkie
    I would not use it without some oil...believe what you want, lol. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with the stock filter and HP it supports per the tuners .
    Let's not throw out the baby with the bathtub yet... there must be a better filter out there than the stock Hoover ...any thoughts about this one?

http://sprintfilter.com.au/sprint-fi...prc-tuono.html

apriliaforum Member
    Looks like Sprint is a great option but I have never had any problem with K&N or any other filters to be honest. Sprint is almost 3 times more expense and I doubt if it provide any real value over the k&n filter.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyH2O View Post
    Looks like Sprint is a great option but I have never had any problem with K&N or any other filters to be honest. Sprint is almost 3 times more expense and I doubt if it provide any real value over the k&n filter.
    According to this, it does http://trackpro.com.au/media/information/indep_comp.pdf

Also see this: http://trackpro.com.au/media/informa...nformation.pdf

INCREASED AIR PERMEABILITYDiagrams clearly demonstrate that air permeability in comparison with that of a common special air filter incotton is distinctly superior. The increase in air permeability and better performance in comparison withcommon special filters in cotton is mainly due to two essential elements: the filtering material is made of astructure in polyester and the filter’s folds are higher. These folds are what allow for the highest filtering surfaceon panel filters (20 mm) and work to the fullest advantage of air permeability and the quality of dirt filtration.Moreover, the total absence of oil to contain dirt allows for increased air entry with equal surface area.Furthermore, when considering that the filtering surface is very wide, an increase in air flow of approximately25% is obtained in comparison with a cotton filter, working to the fullest advantage of the engine’s performanceand the guaranteed protection of increased filtration.

EXTREMELY EFFICIENT FILTRATIONBesides its increased air permeability, SPRINT FILTER P08 ensures extremely efficient filtration: asmuch as 80 microns, allowing to sieve out 93.13% of 100 micron particles versus the 76.42% of 100micron particles trapped by cotton filters. This is made possible thanks to the special structure madeof 5 micron diameter yarns which are woven together to leave room for a wide surface in which airpasses freely. This special structure creates a pattern that measures 80 microns. In comparison withan air filter in cotton soaked in oil to trap impurities, filtration efficiency and air permeability remainsteady through time: the air filter in cotton needs periodic oiling and does not guarantee the samefiltration efficiency and air permeability as our P08. Moreover, it is to be pointed out that oilpermanency on an air filter in cotton during normal use is quite brief, to the disadvantage of engineprotection.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast