Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 192

Thread: 2017 Official Aprilia High Flow AirFilter Kit (idiot-proof guide)

  1. #61
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Italia
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by stan1 View Post
    Ed,

    Do you have this kit for the RSV4 as well?


    Stan
    This kit is simply the oem filter and airbox frame that comes with any pre Rf (old airbox) factory rsv4, maybe also R ones. I also have it on my tuono since 2012

  2. #62
    apriliaforum expert Markey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Swansea UK
    Posts
    1,033
    OK, fitted this kit today, filter has a larger surface area than stock and is thinner

    Slightly louder induction note id say but not sure if its any quicker.....The bike was mental anyway

    On another note, take a look at this picture for me gurus....I never had a hose connected to this rear breather ??

    Anything to be concerned about ?


  3. #63
    apriliaforum Member mrmike_14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    166
    @Markey
    The hose to the charcoal canister should be connectet to this connector.

  4. #64
    apriliaforum expert Markey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Swansea UK
    Posts
    1,033
    Ahh-I assume it was removed with the full Akra system then ??

  5. #65
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    745
    That's the gas tank vent...just install a rubber hose from the auto parts store that is fuel safe and route it down to the back of the sprocket cover. That's what should have been done for the cannister removal.

  6. #66
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Fastville
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Markey View Post
    Ahh-I assume it was removed with the full Akra system then ??
    It might've been but it should've been put back on. Mine has the Akra fitted but as you can see the hose is there. Mine dripped when I removed the tank so I would get it connected asap.

  7. #67
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    745
    Yeah Thunderpants brings up a good point...is your Charcoal canister still on the bike (my comment above was based on assuming it was removed)? If you still have the cannister on the bike this may amount to a bit of vacuum leak as the canister is also connected to a throttle body. They may have forgot to hook it back up......

  8. #68
    apriliaforum member scott2ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,622
    I guess this kit B044225 for the 2017 bike is the same one for the 2015-2016 Tuono 1100?

    And the reason I assume its the same is cos the photos shows manufacturing dates on the parts for 2015.

    But just want to check.
    ScottyDog

    Official Aprilia Linkage Tester !

    In The Garage

    1. Tuono V4 1100 RF, 15/42, Austin Racing GP1RR 70mm pipe, Race ECU, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Hepco-Becker sports Rack with Givi box when touring, Baher Intercom, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

    2. Merc C63 Coupe 507 AMG (Currently in repair)

    3. Toyota Prado VX SUV

  9. #69
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Fastville
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by scott2ride View Post
    I guess this kit B044225 for the 2017 bike is the same one for the 2015-2016 Tuono 1100?

    And the reason I assume its the same is cos the photos shows manufacturing dates on the parts for 2015.

    But just want to check.
    That's because it used to be in the slightly older RSV4s.

  10. #70
    apriliaforum Junkie Pycha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Czech rep.
    Posts
    252
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collage-1504762765996.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	345.1 KB 
ID:	342716 kN filter, sc project S1, no maping change

  11. #71
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Fastville
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Pycha View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collage-1504762765996.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	345.1 KB 
ID:	342716 kN filter, sc project S1, no maping change
    Hi Pycha, was this on a dynojet dyno or a different brand and what does your fuelling look like?

  12. #72
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Fort Collins Colorado
    Posts
    61
    I bought this filter last year for my 2016. I was disappointed when I received it because it is the oiled cotton gause type like the K&N. Not my favorite type of filter.
    The filter did not come pre-oiled. What type of oil are you guys using ? The red K&N stuff ?

  13. #73
    apriliaforum expert plocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    1,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I bought this filter last year for my 2016. I was disappointed when I received it because it is the oiled cotton gause type like the K&N. Not my favorite type of filter.
    The filter did not come pre-oiled. What type of oil are you guys using ? The red K&N stuff ?
    Interesting you say it should be oiled, the RSV44RR/RF has a similar filter as standard which does not appear to be oiled from the factory & there is no mention anywhere in the service manual about oiling the air filter, not even a spec for air filter oil??
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

  14. #74
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Fastville
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I bought this filter last year for my 2016. I was disappointed when I received it because it is the oiled cotton gause type like the K&N. Not my favorite type of filter.
    The filter did not come pre-oiled. What type of oil are you guys using ? The red K&N stuff ?
    You think it should be oiled because it"looks like" the K&N? As far as I'm aware there's no oil required for this filter element and oiling it will probably degrade it's efficiency.

  15. #75
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Fort Collins Colorado
    Posts
    61
    When I received mine I emailed AF1 about it.
    Ed Cook replied that it was exactly like a K & N.
    I don't think this type of filter has much filtering ability unless it's oiled.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official Aprilia RSV4 Carbon Kit!
    By brooksfletcher in forum 2010-2017 RSV4 - All Variants
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 01:46 AM
  2. High flow filter or airbox kit ?
    By Squire in forum RSVR and RSVR Factory (2004-2009)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 06:21 PM
  3. Potential line on "official" Aprilia paint
    By Addio in forum RST1000 Futura (all years)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 06:21 PM
  4. High flow air filter
    By tsmithy in forum RS250
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 10:46 AM
  5. AF1 official Aprilia RS50 Exhaust Comparo?
    By cmra47 in forum RS50 Technical
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •