Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Official Aprilia High Flow AirFilter Kit (idiot-proof guide)

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybe View Post
    Nor do I mate I rarely keep a bike for more than a year which is usually 9-10k miles. This is the first bike I`ve really started to tamper with a bit and being on my 3rd TV4 I cant see me wanting to change it till something new crops up!
    So am planning the full two years with this baby and who knows maybe more unless they make a better one!
    I seriously love this bike and compared to the day I got her all the mods have only made her smoother and more useable day to day real life shizzle. I`ve basically removed all the euro 4 , akra map and now this.
    I cant honestly name another bike I would rather have that is currently on the market. I can say for sure this makes a real difference to the fueling/throttle. I`m not worried about this as my dealer sold me all my parts and confirmed everything is still covered by warranty.
    My insurance (MCS) allow me any modifications without informing them except nitros or turbo kits! For real.
    These bikes are begging to breathe and rev a bit more with just a few wee tweaks!
    Each to their own. as always !

No worries man! Thats what it's all about.....I have the akra and race ecu on my 17 and LOOOOOVE the damn thing. Unfortunately it's winter now and I am screwed for the next 4-5 months.....

Quote Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
    No worries man! Thats what it's all about.....I have the akra and race ecu on my 17 and LOOOOOVE the damn thing. Unfortunately it's winter now and I am screwed for the next 4-5 months.....
    God, it's so frustrating. A week before I put mine away for winter I got the race ECU and Akra. A couple of weeks after it was stored I received my RSV4 high-flow air filter. Now I have that and an Ilmberger belly pan and a bunch of other goodies just waiting to go on. It's going to be such a long winter. I'll probably keep buying things for it the length of the winter so it's probably going to be a very expensive season too

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
    At least you still have it. I am slowly forgetting that I have a bike... 4 weeks and it's still sitting at the dealership, and no updates. I start understanding why we need at least two motorcycles in the garage I love Tuono, but I'm seriously thinking about second bike that can split miles with Aprilia to extend my tuono's life. Missing my Tuono unconsciously made me search for second ride already...

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybe View Post
    Nor do I mate I rarely keep a bike for more than a year which is usually 9-10k miles. This is the first bike I`ve really started to tamper with a bit and being on my 3rd TV4 I cant see me wanting to change it till something new crops up!
    So am planning the full two years with this baby and who knows maybe more unless they make a better one!
    I seriously love this bike and compared to the day I got her all the mods have only made her smoother and more useable day to day real life shizzle. I`ve basically removed all the euro 4 , akra map and now this.
    I cant honestly name another bike I would rather have that is currently on the market. I can say for sure this makes a real difference to the fueling/throttle. I`m not worried about this as my dealer sold me all my parts and confirmed everything is still covered by warranty.
    My insurance (MCS) allow me any modifications without informing them except nitros or turbo kits! For real.
    These bikes are begging to breathe and rev a bit more with just a few wee tweaks!
    Each to their own. as always !
    Snap! I'm in the same position as you, even the same insurer!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfin View Post
    God, it's so frustrating. A week before I put mine away for winter I got the race ECU and Akra. A couple of weeks after it was stored I received my RSV4 high-flow air filter. Now I have that and an Ilmberger belly pan and a bunch of other goodies just waiting to go on. It's going to be such a long winter. I'll probably keep buying things for it the length of the winter so it's probably going to be a very expensive season too

Hahaha! Without a doubt! Have fun shopping!!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrider View Post
    At least you still have it. I am slowly forgetting that I have a bike... 4 weeks and it's still sitting at the dealership, and no updates. I start understanding why we need at least two motorcycles in the garage I love Tuono, but I'm seriously thinking about second bike that can split miles with Aprilia to extend my tuono's life. Missing my Tuono unconsciously made me search for second ride already...
    LOL! Sporty, yes, you need a 2nd bike for sure! I had 3 at the beginning of summer (2016 FZ-09, 2001 FZ-1 and 2015 WR250R) and now down to one.....All sacrificed for the Tuono! I feel exposed, lol. I am going to be on the hunt for another street legal enduro next February or so.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfin View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you.... already 2 inches of snow everywhere here.. and I got a sh*t load of stuff to install on mine

also gonna look for a second bike this spring... Enduro fo' sure

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Macs View Post
    Oh come on!

Like I really needed another item to add to the wish list....
    fitted my kit today 39 from Wheels as stated about 30 mins did the trick, not ran it yet also put on a 43T rear sprocket so look forward to see if there are any changes

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Colly View Post
    fitted my kit today 39 from Wheels as stated about 30 mins did the trick, not ran it yet also put on a 43T rear sprocket so look forward to see if there are any changes
    Haha! take a video, there will be a difference!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Colly View Post
    43 ?? that like .3 tooth in front ? unless you already have 15T in front ?

1 front tooth is like 2.7 teeth in rear..

I went 46 in rear ..

Anyone have any decent mileage on this kit? Have you pulled the filter to comment on how it's filtering?
    I assume OEM filter it must be fine but curious to hear how it's doing installing it dry.

anyone with a '09-'14 RSV4-Factory can tell you about it... as that kit comes stock in their bikes.
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

apriliaforum Member Darth Vader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeelo221 View Post
    Anyone have any decent mileage on this kit? Have you pulled the filter to comment on how it's filtering?
    I assume OEM filter it must be fine but curious to hear how it's doing installing it dry.
    There is a general problem with sealing...Dust and sand are bypassing air filter in between lower air filter bracket and air filter housing...
    Bottom air filter bracket which is initially bolted with two bolts on the lower air filter housing is leaking dust...
    Easy cure for that is to apply some silicon sealant into the grove in the lower air filter housing where bracket seats and than assembly everything back together...

Mwr filter warning

Quote Originally Posted by sportyrider View Post
    Good quality full race filters give you the same protection as street filters, but their lifespan is very short, ...and yes, they are oiled. I am not finding much info about that filter from aprilia, but I did find MWR filter for Tuono that looks good (high eff only, full race only for rsv4)

http://www.racingairfilters.eu/?ids=kop3/sub1

*Part.nr.: MC-010-04HE

They show dyno charts in RSV4 section.

I think I will try mwr, if I decide that I need this upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
    Be VERY CAREFULL with the MWR air filter, I bought one for my bike and sent it back, it did not seal in either the filter base for the paper filter or the filter base for the cotton filter, you will not see this gap around the front of the filter when you install it, the pic below is of the MWR filter and I screwed the air filter base down to a piece of wood with a hole in it so I could fit a light bulb to show the gap.

I did this for the owner of MWR filters.........and his response?.................he told me I didnt know what I was talking about and had no complaints except for mine, c'mon, a gap past the filter is a gap past the filter FFS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1064 (1280x960).jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	370.6 KB 
ID:	347648

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    There is a general problem with sealing...Dust and sand are bypassing air filter in between lower air filter bracket and air filter housing...
    Bottom air filter bracket which is initially bolted with two bolts on the lower air filter housing is leaking dust...
    Easy cure for that is to apply some silicon sealant into the grove in the lower air filter housing where bracket seats and than assembly everything back together...
    I'd go with something else than silicon sealant. I'd use something called zip sealant...it's peel off when you remove the filter.. HVAC guys use it at work for A/C filters maintenance.. peels off clean.. reapply some new and stick the filter in place. and it has a nice vanilla scent so your tuono is gonna smell like flowers...

forget the last part..

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast