Thread: Uprated starter cable kit fitted

apriliaforum prov-nov

Uprated starter cable kit fitted

Just had the above fitted by johnboy71,really good quality and he knows his onions, would recommend having this kit fitted cos these rotax motors need all the volts one can muster.just message him on here .

Im still yet to be convinced it makes a difference. If the OEM cables are in good nic I can't see how it can improve anything. Ok, call me a skeptic, but over the years I've seen a lot of snake oil in the bike trade. Happy to be proven wrong tho.

Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

http://capoandrew.blogspot.com

apriliaforum Junkie
    These cables make a big difference!
    I have fitted them to my Capo and when it starts now, it sounds like a jet poloust engine starting. Totally different and so much quicker to start!

Quote Originally Posted by westee View Post
    These cables make a big difference!
    I have fitted them to my Capo and when it starts now, it sounds like a jet poloust engine starting. Totally different and so much quicker to start!
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

Quote Originally Posted by Capoandrew View Post
    Im still yet to be convinced it makes a difference. If the OEM cables are in good nic I can't see how it can improve anything. Ok, call me a skeptic, but over the years I've seen a lot of snake oil in the bike trade. Happy to be proven wrong tho.
    What do you know you don't have a capo now (lol sorry for that drew how's the bike hunting going )

Good point Andrew, after all they all started OK when new.
    But for me, whilst trying to get all the connectors, reg/rec, starter solenoid etc back to new, I might as well upgrade what I can, at the same time.
    My name is Dave,
    bike's name is Black Betty.

When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then.

Caponord - Douglas Dragonfly - 1942 Harley back again
    Pegaso - Matchless G3LS - BSA A7SS - 1942 Harley - Matchless G80/600cc - Matchless G3LS - BSA C15 - Velocette

apriliaforum expert
    Well my bike has always had starting problems, it always struggled. I fitted the JW cable kit and now the bike fires up no issue swiftly even with a voltage level as low as 11.4 volts.

Im known well enough here ( been a stranger with life stuff sorry)to call something a snake oil product but the facts are... If your bike struggles to start with low battery type symptoms FIT A JW KIT!

100% Recommended

Keep the battery to front cylinder earth add the kit to the rear cylinder.

I also added one from a starter mount bolt to the Rh frame spare inner ( near the brown connector area)

My capo simply Runs and performs like a Swiss watch!
    Its Honda reliable rain or shine ( AT LAST)
    Last edited by Tarks; 09-10-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Me n' Mine:-

2006 Caponord ETV 1000 "Twiki"
    2004 Tuono Racing Rep, Full Carbon with SBK 2-2 Akro's
    2002 ZX636 A1P Ninja list of mods is endless
    "Made in Italy....Perfected in my Garage"
    I've never questioned why I ride, it's as basic as breathing.

Does that mean you're definitely keeping it now Tarks?!

Mine could probably use a boost in the starting department, mind you the battery is overdue replacement even though the tender keeps it topped up for local stuff. It was just about ok in Wales but if it needed more than three goes to start I'd be knackered I think.

Is there a link to this kit?

I've neglected my Capo for the last 2.5years sorry to say, in fact pretty much since changing the chain and sprockets so it's time to give it some love. I'm not usually a fan of messing with the bikes to far from factory but these V twins are pretty power thirsty when starting!
    2008 Caponord ETV 1000 ABS- "Il Capo"
    2002 Tuono 1000 RSV-R Limited Nr.035
    - "Hyperthrust Cleared and Counting..."

1993 Ninja ZXR750R
    1992 Ducati 907IE
    1986 Katana GSX750SE

Quote Originally Posted by Nito View Post

Mine could probably use a boost in the starting department, mind you the battery is overdue replacement even though the tender keeps it topped up for local stuff. It was just about ok in Wales but if it needed more than three goes to start I'd be knackered I think.

I've neglected my Capo for the last 2.5years sorry to say, in fact pretty much since changing the chain and sprockets so it's time to give it some love. I'm not usually a fan of messing with the bikes to far from factory but these V twins are pretty power thirsty when starting!
    See http://moto-abruzzo.com/2011/1134/ Copper Kits feature
    or copperkits@yahoo.com
    My name is Dave,
    bike's name is Black Betty.

When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then.

Caponord - Douglas Dragonfly - 1942 Harley back again
    Pegaso - Matchless G3LS - BSA A7SS - 1942 Harley - Matchless G80/600cc - Matchless G3LS - BSA C15 - Velocette

Thanks Dave,

What a great find that wiring chart with switchable layers, also found the review for the copper kit here;
    http://moto-abruzzo.com/2017/john-wa...und-cable-kit/

If it's good enough for MB it's good enough for me, I do hope Karl rejoins.

Cheers
    Nito
    2008 Caponord ETV 1000 ABS- "Il Capo"
    2002 Tuono 1000 RSV-R Limited Nr.035
    - "Hyperthrust Cleared and Counting..."

1993 Ninja ZXR750R
    1992 Ducati 907IE
    1986 Katana GSX750SE

Re cables, it reminds me of the Oxygen Free Cable BS in the audio world. Anyway, if it feels good......you know the rest.

And Cheeky Shit Haga!! Well actually, I have bought a new (second hand) bike. Picking up a Triumph Sprint ST 1050 this week. As much as I loved the Caponord dearly, I have been hankering for a sports bike for ages. Couldn't see myself on a Gixxer or R1, so decided to look at Sports Tourers. The Sprints are a good price here, and a bonus the seller was moving overseas, so he was desperate to sell. Got myself a bargain, shall we say. (Honestly, it feels like I raped his wallet!) Only 3k on the clock, in good nick.
    Best part is when CapoKarine and I want to get away, we can load up some panniers and off!!

Never owned a British bike before, so it's going to be a learning curve.

Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

http://capoandrew.blogspot.com

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Nito View Post

No she be up for sale mate
    Me n' Mine:-

2006 Caponord ETV 1000 "Twiki"
    2004 Tuono Racing Rep, Full Carbon with SBK 2-2 Akro's
    2002 ZX636 A1P Ninja list of mods is endless
    "Made in Italy....Perfected in my Garage"
    I've never questioned why I ride, it's as basic as breathing.

Re cables, it reminds me of the Oxygen Free Cable BS in the audio world. Anyway, if it feels good......you know the rest.

And Cheeky Shit Haga!! Well actually, I have bought a new (second hand) bike. Picking up a Triumph Sprint ST 1050 this week. As much as I loved the Caponord dearly, I have been hankering for a sports bike for ages. Couldn't see myself on a Gixxer or R1, so decided to look at Sports Tourers. The Sprints are a good price here, and a bonus the seller was moving overseas, so he was desperate to sell. Got myself a bargain, shall we say. (Honestly, it feels like I raped his wallet!) Only 3k on the clock, in good nick.
    Best part is when CapoKarine and I want to get away, we can load up some panniers and off!!

Never owned a British bike before, so it's going to be a learning curve.
    Glad your sorted drew few mates here have had the 1050 st it's a good all rounder only thing they say is bad vibes on left hand bar