Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECU tuning, Looking for information

apriliaforum newb
    Hi,

slowly proceeding. An Arduino was added to the ECU simulator and feeds a speed signal from 1-1000Hz and two adjustable lambda probe signals to the ECU and dash.

Name:  Arduino_small.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  47.8 KB

And the EEPROM is also accessible, reading and writing works.

Name:  Dashboard EEPROM ausgelesen_small.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  56.8 KB

A changed user code allowed login and made the dashboard accessible via the Up/Down/Set signals.

Name:  CH341_Dashboard_small.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  39.7 KB

Cheers
    Meinolf

apriliaforum newb
    Hi,

a quick update.

The addresses and contents of the dashboard are now known, I don't expect any further content to appear. Only a couple of percent of the 2KB in the EEPROM are used.

The algorithm for the checksum calculation of the mileage and the other Bytes in the range 0x10-0x18 was also reverse engineered, based on the sequential data written into the EEPROM when adding one km at a time. This is neat, as the meaning of the bit changes in 0x14 (# of service resets) and 0x15 (C/F, km/mls, service) could be determined now.

The operator panel was upgraded again. Most important is the cascaded TPS poti, which allows setting TPS by exactly 1/10 of a degree. This might seem superfluous, but chasing values in tables and the legend values in the maps requires a very precise setting, as the program code uses bilinear interpolation to calculate values in between breakpoints.

Name:  Panel III beschriftet._smalljpg.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  37.6 KB

Connecting a stepper motor eliminated the respective errors shown by the ECU.

Name:  Steppermotor_small.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  39.6 KB

Now the explorations have begun. As, with a Mana BIN loaded, the virtual engine still can't be started I'm using the existing 5AM XDF for Guzzis. Using Tunerpro and a Hexeditor the BIN is looked at Byte by Byte, looking for tables and the content. As the program code used in the Mana BIN is likely to be similar to the one in Guzzi BINs, searching for the data and structure of identified tables will help me finding them in the Mana BIN.

Name:  XDF-Exploration_small.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  24.4 KB

The areas suspected to be tables are later on verified on the ECU simulator by changing values in the tables and tracking the results, if any can be seen.

Even though the dashboard is recognized by the ECU and speed, rpm, side stand LED and so on are functioning, I still get an CAN bus error with a Mana BIN loaded. I plan to look a bit deeper into the stuff happening on the CAN bus, maybe this error can be eliminated also. Some research brought to light that the Rigol DS1054Z can be used as a signal analyzer with Sigrok, a splendid open source project. Just to be on the safe side I also ordered a clone of the Salea 8ch/25Mhz signal analyzer.

Btw, I am still looking for a dashboard and TCU to complete the setup.

Cheers
    Meinolf
    Last edited by Meinolf; 01-04-2018 at 09:35 AM.

What's the part # for the TCU? Any idea?
    Professional Goat Burster.

Meinhoff,
    This is really great work you are doing and the most interesting thread for a while. I'm always scouting for parts so I will see what I come across and keep an eye out for you. I think there was a post about a Mana being wrecked in Britain somewhere a while back.
    Mana NA 850 2008. Gen 1 Tuono forks, Gen 1 Tuono Brembo front discs and calipers, Knight design lowered footpegs, KTM hand guards and a factory screen in winter

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Pete,

Quote Originally Posted by pete roper View Post
    What's the part # for the TCU? Any idea?
    the PN for the TCU is 640135 (#5 here http://www.apriliagenuineparts.co.uk...em-ii-1829.php)

The PN for dashboard is 860740 or 860881 (#1 here http://www.apriliagenuineparts.co.uk...board-1827.php)

Cheers
    Meinolf

Hey, I'll email you over on WG. I may have some good news! ��
    Professional Goat Burster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12