Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips for 2017 Tuono

apriliaforum newb

Heated Grips for 2017 Tuono

Hi All,

Has anyone fitted heated grips to the 2017 Tuono. As you know, Aprilia doesn't make them for the tuono. Dealer tried to fit oxford grips but because of the cruise control on the left he said they wouldn't fit properly.

Andrew

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by ADPrilia View Post
    Hi All,

Has anyone fitted heated grips to the 2017 Tuono. As you know, Aprilia doesn't make them for the tuono. Dealer tried to fit oxford grips but because of the cruise control on the left he said they wouldn't fit properly.

Andrew
    Get heated gloves, i have factory fitted heated grips on both my bikes, but I'm thinking for next winter getting some rechargable battery powered gloves. I do a lot of winter riding.
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

apriliaforum newb
    That's probably the best option, given my other bike hasn't got heated grips either. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Have a look at this system:
    http://www.coolride.de

For me it is the best solution for bikes like the Tuono is.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

apriliaforum newb
    I'll look into this. I'd never heard of it. Thanks

apriliaforum expert
    I don't how they work this out but R&G reckon you can fit these on the 2017 Tuono.
    http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/...C/#prettyPhoto

Check out the Yamaha heated grips. They'll fit any 22mm bar and are certainly the best I've seen - totally integrated so no unsightly switches that you need to find a location for.

Name:  IMG_0410.JPG
Views: 859
Size:  34.4 KB
    2015 Tuono V4 1100 Factory
    Brembo RCS19 MC, Akrapovic Exhaust, GRT ECU, DNA filter, Lightech levers, rear-sets & chain adjusters, Evotech tail-tidy, Evotech fork & swingarm sliders, Cox Racing Rad Guard & Aprilia Factory Forged Alloys.

2012 Tuono V4 APRC Fast
    Black.... Sold
    Yamaha MT-10 SP

apriliaforum newb

Yamaha grips

Have you fitted these to a Tuono?
    [/QUOName:  IMG_0410.JPG
Views: 859
Size:  34.4 KBTE]

(Edited for clarity)
    Where can we get those Yamaha Heated Grips?

Hmmm actually searching via the internet gods I see the Yamaha grips are not well liked. Often have problems and dont get very hot. My research shows Koso Apollo grips are similar style to the Yamaha but hotter and better.

I have Daytona Grips fitted to my 2015 Tuono Factory. And I fitted some Heated grips to my mates 2017 Tuono Factory 2 weeks ago. But....

The Daytona fit the 2015 and 2016 and ALSO the 2017 Factory. However the Oxford grips he had didnt quite fit. So we put the Daytona on.

The new sleeve on the 2017 throttle is slightly wider in diameter than the 2015/16 bikes and the Oxford wouldnt fit. So we ended up installing some Daytona grips as they had a wider ID by about 1mm on the throttle grip of the heated grip.
    Last edited by scott2ride; 09-11-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    ScottyDog

Official Aprilia Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 1100 RF, 15/42, Austin Racing GP1RR 70mm pipe, Race ECU, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Hepco-Becker sports Rack with Givi box when touring, Baher Intercom, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. Merc C63 Coupe 507 AMG (Currently in repair)

3. Toyota Prado VX SUV

Quote Originally Posted by scott2ride View Post
    Where can we get those Yamaha Heated Grips?
    Any Yamaha dealer will be able to order/supply these.
    2015 Tuono V4 1100 Factory
    Brembo RCS19 MC, Akrapovic Exhaust, GRT ECU, DNA filter, Lightech levers, rear-sets & chain adjusters, Evotech tail-tidy, Evotech fork & swingarm sliders, Cox Racing Rad Guard & Aprilia Factory Forged Alloys.

2012 Tuono V4 APRC Fast
    Black.... Sold
    Yamaha MT-10 SP

The Koso Apollo grips are similar to the Yamaha but hotter and better
    ScottyDog

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 1100 RF, 15/42, Austin Racing GP1RR 70mm pipe, Race ECU, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Hepco-Becker sports Rack with Givi box when touring, Baher Intercom, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

3. Toyota Prado VX SUV

Something you might look into before trying to install a heated grip. I was looking at putting on a Rizoma grip on my '17, but was told that because the throttle by wire is integrated into the grip that it couldn't be done. Not sure how true this is, just something you might look into before pulling the stock grips off.
    In the shed-
    2017 Tuono V4 1100 RR
    2008 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by S2Quick View Post
    Something you might look into before trying to install a heated grip. I was looking at putting on a Rizoma grip on my '17, but was told that because the throttle by wire is integrated into the grip that it couldn't be done. Not sure how true this is, just something you might look into before pulling the stock grips off.
    They gave you incorrect info as I have installed a heated grip on my mates 2017 Tuono and it is exactly the same process as normal. Nothing different at all to the process or set up.

However.... NOTE. The 2017 throttle sleeve is a fraction wider in OD than the 2016. So some heated grips will struggle to fit, especially if the heated grip has a solid plastic sleeve inserted into the actual in the heated grip. Oxford has this so there is no extra give in it and it wouldnt fit. Daytona grips dont have this problem.

I like the look of the Koso Apolo grips personally.
    Last edited by scott2ride; 09-11-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    ScottyDog

In The Garage

3. Toyota Prado VX SUV

Quote Originally Posted by scott2ride View Post
    They gave you incorrect info as I have installed a heated grip on my mates 2017 Tuono and it is exactly the same process as normal. Nothing different at all to the process or set up.
    Good to know, thank you my brotha
    In the shed-
    2017 Tuono V4 1100 RR
    2008 GSXR 600

Any more of you chaps fitted any heated grips to the 17 ?

Liking the look of these Koso ones if I'm honest

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast