Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V4 - MP not working with Android

apriliaforum newb

V4 - MP not working with Android

Hello, and thanks for accepting me into the forum.
    I was wondering whether anyone with 2017 Tuono has got the V4-MP app working with Android (Galaxy Note 5) phone. I have the Bluetooth module. Can connect the phone and headset but the app just won't register a connection. Tried with my wife's iPhone and no problems, works fine. Emailed Aprilia but no response. have called the reps in Australia but they have no idea. I imagine it's an app problem. I have followed the strict instructions (turning on bike, establishing Bluetooth connection then starting app, and even deleted app data, uninstalled app and re-installed) - no luck. Frustrating!!

Quote Originally Posted by ADPrilia View Post
    Hello, and thanks for accepting me into the forum.
    I was wondering whether anyone with 2017 Tuono has got the V4-MP app working with Android (Galaxy Note 5) phone. I have the Bluetooth module. Can connect the phone and headset but the app just won't register a connection. Tried with my wife's iPhone and no problems, works fine. Emailed Aprilia but no response. have called the reps in Australia but they have no idea. I imagine it's an app problem. I have followed the strict instructions (turning on bike, establishing Bluetooth connection then starting app, and even deleted app data, uninstalled app and re-installed) - no luck. Frustrating!!
    did you read this thread?]

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...-Tuono-factory

apriliaforum newb
    Sorry, read it after posting. I am sure some guy in Aprilia is reading this forum and the more people who complain the more they will be pressured to fix it.

apriliaforum newb
    Had a reply from Aprilia re: v4-mp app not working with galaxy note 5 /android. 'They are aware that there is a problem with connection to this particular phone. An update to the app is under development and may be available by early next month. There is nothing wrong with the bike or bluetooth module'. I guess we'll have to wait for the next app update...

apriliaforum Member
    Thanks for info, looking forward to the new app as on my Samsung Note5 it's not just the data transfer that's not working I cannot add/pair my headset with the app. While my wife's iPhone can transfer data it also cannot pair with my BT headset through the app. So there is a lot for them to fix and I hope they are aware of all the "bugs".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't work with any of the Android phones it seems, I tried on Galaxy 6 7 and HTC and no luck. Makes you wonder what phone they used to test the app. For now I am using my Iphone 6+ and even that one is unstable.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Maser View Post
    It doesn't work with any of the Android phones it seems, I tried on Galaxy 6 7 and HTC and no luck. Makes you wonder what phone they used to test the app. For now I am using my Iphone 6+ and even that one is unstable.
    Works with my S5 no problem, I'll try the S7 edge and report back.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderpantsV4 View Post
    Works with my S5 no problem, I'll try the S7 edge and report back.
    Does anyone have issues with engaging cruise control with the V4MP module installed? I was thinking about getting this but read on the cruise control issue thread that it might be related to the V4MP module. It was just a hypothesis and not confirmed.
    Regards,
    Jay

==========================

2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory.

apriliaforum newb
    I got the V4MP and it dont affect my cruise control,still cant get it to connect with Andriod though
    Cheers Neil.

apriliaforum newb
    I can confirm there is a conflict but it does not happen all the time. Over the last week only one or twice. I'd still get the module. I'm sure aprillia will have a fix for cc and app soon. Hopefully app updates will be out soon.

I am sure some guy in Aprilia is reading this forum
    No chance of that buddy. Even if they do they probably don't give a shit.
    2016 Tuono 1100 RR
    2015 S1000RR

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by amok View Post
    No chance of that buddy. Even if they do they probably don't give a shit.
    Just to update. The a new version of the V4MP app was released today. Unfortunately you need the updated firmware on the bike, version 2.5. I understand my guys are testing the upgrade at the moment but are still having issues. Currently my cruise control won't work if the bike is paired to my phone (android 7.0, note 5) and it seems the upgrade does not fix this problem

apriliaforum newb
    Just to update. The a new version of the V4MP app was released today. Unfortunately you need the updated firmware on the bike, version 2.5. I understand my guys are testing the upgrade at the moment but are still having issues. Currently my cruise control won't work if the bike is paired to my phone (android 7.0, note 5) and it seems the upgrade does not fix this problem
    How can you find out the firmware version for the bluetooth module? Was v2.5 released recently as well?

I am also having all kinds of issues with the MP, I connected to my bike and showed 11.9V but the volt meter read 12.5... the app crashes all the time and keeps disabling my cruise control..

I have the same prob with my Sony z5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast