Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discounted price for a 2017 RSV4 RF and RR?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by dcboy View Post
    10 posts are required before youre permitted to PM
    Gotcha, thanks. I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by scotman623 View Post
    I'm searching for a 2017 RF as we speak, I have been in touch with 3 different dealers..I would LOVE to buy from AF1 but the shipping adds 650$ right on the top of the bike before we can even talk price.
    Fair enough. I would still say it is worth picking up the phone and giving them a call to talk at a very minimum.

It seems like they're one of he more reputable and knowledgeable Aprilia dealerships in the country so getting the bike set up initially by them, including any mods that you want, may be worth the added expense of shipping. Not saying it is or it isn't; just saying it may be something to at least consider.

Not affiliated by them and clearly I'm newer to the forums but in reading through threads the last week or so, and calling them personally to get their opinion on something, they've definitely owned my respect. Which their were more dealerships like that around.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by drvacation View Post
    I ended up paying about 350 more total for mine buying it from af1 and having it shipped instead of the best deal out their I had found, having them set it up, add a few acc's. etc. came out about even, with the peace of mind that if it went boom, ya know Italian bike and all, I'd have the biggest and best ape dealer in the u.s. on my team.
    interesting side note, af1 asked if o.k. to put up to 20 miles on it so they could set up and test properly, every one else said it would only show a couple?
    because I can't remember reading a thread on this forum that concerns engine failures that stated they bought it from Af1 and/or having warranty issues, if any are their.
    Cheap insurance, IMO
    walked into my first bike shop in 1967, dealt with many! Will put Af1 right up their with the top 3 in 50 years, yea I'm old ,but still doing low 2's at spring mtn. classic track (faster than most of u youngins)
    Curious: Is the first 20 miles of the break-in particularly important on the RSV4?

I would highly recommend talking with them. I bought 2 bikes from them and had them shipped (3, but I picked one up and got the tour) and any additional shipping cost was more than made up for in price, service, and how you work in any extras. It's worth your time.

I'm searching for a 2017 RF as we speak, I have been in touch with 3 different dealers..I would LOVE to buy from AF1 but the shipping adds 650$ right on the top of the bike before we can even talk price.
    2012 RSV4 Factory
    2006 CRF150F
    2006 TTR50 x2 - Indoctrinating my kids into this madness.
    2006 TTR125 (Gone)
    2014 FZ-09 (Gone)
    2007 RSVR Factory (Gone)
    2003 RSV (Gone)
    2004 CBR600F4i (Gone)

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    If a new machine is likely to have an issue it is most likely in the first 10-20 miles, we MUCH prefer any such issues happen to us, not you, if you are buying a bike from us and located a ways away especially. I have even done full break-in services (costs money) of a few hundred or more miles on dyno in the past, then bike is shipped as properly broken in as possible with almost no chance of an undetected issue.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum newb
    I got mine from AF1 in Austin......the level of service is amazing. My 17RR had a minor issue happen within the first 40 miles, it pays to live close to your dealer! It was super minor and rectified as soon as I brought it to AF1's attention!

apriliaforum Member andyandtherman's Avatar
    I too got my 17 RF from AF1. If anybody recalls, there was a heating issue in June and they thought it was perhaps a faulty head gasket to blame. Amazing service after the sale, including stellar communication, coupled with a true expert mechanic (Brent), revealed no major problems. They went above and beyond for me as a consumer and I will always buy my bikes there, even if I were to move to the furthest point from TX.
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

apriliaforum Junkie oldbluechair09's Avatar
    Op i too live in MA and bought a Tuono from AF1 and had it shipped. Thinking of getting an RSV4 RF and even though we have a few dealers around here I'd buy from AF1 again. Had all sorts of goodies put on before delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC Matte Black
    2013 Triumph Daytona 675R

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    You guys looking for a deal would be well served to check out our eBay store...time to move some out.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    You guys looking for a deal would be well served to check out our eBay store...time to move some out.
    I just looked on ebay at the auction for the RF, if I do the buy it now will the dealership help me get it shipped with me paying for shipping of course... Thanks Scott Reynolds
    NIZE.........

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I just looked on ebay at the auction for the RF, if I do the buy it now will the dealership help me get it shipped with me paying for shipping of course... Thanks Scott Reynolds
    For sure, we ship bikes all the time

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    For sure, we ship bikes all the time
    I will be calling you guys Tuesday 10-10.. I want parts added before bike gets shipped to me..Race ECU-Exhaust..Thanks Scott
    NIZE.........

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by andyandtherman View Post
    I would be cautious of buying a brand new model from any manufacturer. Let them have time to work the kinks out.
    ^^^ This ^^^

I've been wanting an RSV4 since I first saw the '09s. Being a Honda guy for forever had me worried about jumping to an Italian make...because unfortunately both Ducati and Aprilia had some issues here or there on reliability in the past (or that was the impression that had been generated). That, and cost of maintenance, fewer trustworthy mechanics and techs that work on them, etc.

I tend to buy and keep...I'm not turning over bikes every two years like many I know. So buying a platform with a good history is important to me. I'm willing to sacrifice the ultra-mega-top-secret-bright-and-shiny-super-tech of a brand new platform if it means I'm putting my ass on a tried-and-true platform. The RSV4 is now proven tried and true...and they sweetened the pot with the TFT and ergo upgrades for '17. Sold.

Just my 2 cents.
    2017 RSV4RR

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikofab View Post
    ^^^ This ^^^

I've been wanting an RSV4 since I first saw the '09s. Being a Honda guy for forever had me worried about jumping to an Italian make...because unfortunately both Ducati and Aprilia had some issues here or there on reliability in the past (or that was the impression that had been generated). That, and cost of maintenance, fewer trustworthy mechanics and techs that work on them, etc.

I tend to buy and keep...I'm not turning over bikes every two years like many I know. So buying a platform with a good history is important to me. I'm willing to sacrifice the ultra-mega-top-secret-bright-and-shiny-super-tech of a brand new platform if it means I'm putting my ass on a tried-and-true platform. The RSV4 is now proven tried and true...and they sweetened the pot with the TFT and ergo upgrades for '17. Sold.

Just my 2 cents.
    I agree both with adopting recently released technology and the stigma behind Italian reliability.

That said, reading through much of the forum Im pleased with the relatively low-severity issues the newer RSV4s have experienced, in addition to the amount of the support Aprilia dealerships provide when it comes to warranty claims. That and just how knowledgeable dealerships now are, like AF1 Racing, and go as far as to test ride the bikes for xx miles to reduce the chances of early experienced problems by the customer.

Definitely makes it easier to commit to the purchase after falling in love from the test ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Member
    """ I agree – both with adopting recently released technology and the stigma behind Italian reliability."""

Honestly i have owned loads of bikes, if you read, and you can now on forums today you may never buy.
    But even from the 2010 model RSV4 ( I also have one with 8k km in my collection) if you dig real deep into this forum you may find 10-15 bikes with major issues.
    you will then need to look closer at the circumstances and the owner before judging.

statistics, I would say you are no better or worse than the Japanese equivalent, that said " Japanese equivalent" oh there isn't one!!

Before anyone starts, I have RC30 / 45 and 916sps, looking for a good desmosedici RR for the garage, pre order on the V4 Panigale.
    Previous bikes : AR50 - AR80 - CB250N - RD350LC - RGV250 - VT400 - TDR250 - VIRAGO 535 - RF600 - RF900 - CBR600 - GSXR750 - TL1000R - T160 TRIUMPH - R1 - PIAGGIO - R6 - RC30 - 916SPS - VFR800 - 675 DAYTONA - CBR600RR - TL1000R - YZF750 - RSV4 FACTORY.

Quote Originally Posted by rsnet View Post
    But even from the 2010 model RSV4 ( I also have one with 8k km in my collection) if you dig real deep into this forum you may find 10-15 bikes with major issues.
    you will then need to look closer at the circumstances and the owner before judging.
    RSV4 was introduced in 2009...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast