Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

Thread: Discounted price for a 2017 RSV4 RF and RR?

  1. #16
    apriliaforum newb SuperGmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    25
    My local Ducati/Aprilia dealer made me an offer along with trade-in value but I'm not satisfied with the numbers. Especially since I have purchased 3 Ducati's from them in 5 years. I'm expecting a better deal for a motorcycle not as popular as Ducati in the middle of August in New England. If a serious discount is not obtainable then I will simply wait for Ducati's V4 announcement.

    Quote Originally Posted by drvacation View Post
    I ended up paying about 350 more total for mine buying it from af1 and having it shipped instead of the best deal out their I had found, having them set it up, add a few acc's. etc. came out about even, with the peace of mind that if it went boom, ya know Italian bike and all, I'd have the biggest and best ape dealer in the u.s. on my team.
    interesting side note, af1 asked if o.k. to put up to 20 miles on it so they could set up and test properly, every one else said it would only show a couple?
    because I can't remember reading a thread on this forum that concerns engine failures that stated they bought it from Af1 and/or having warranty issues, if any are their.
    Cheap insurance, IMO
    walked into my first bike shop in 1967, dealt with many! Will put Af1 right up their with the top 3 in 50 years, yea I'm old ,but still doing low 2's at spring mtn. classic track (faster than most of u youngins)
    Regards,

    SuperGmoney
    Massachusetts

    Current motorcycle: 2017 Aprilia RSV4 RR Black (Took delivery August 24th, 2017)

    Previous motorcycles:

    • 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Pikes Peak
    • 2012 Ducati Panigale
    • 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo


    Closest Ducati/Aprilia dealer is Seacoast Sport Cycle, Derry, NH

    "Be happy with your own problems" - SuperGmoney

  2. #17
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    351
    I'm sure you can find a smokin deal on a new fireblade right now. You seem more concerned with the "deal" than the bike you'll be riding.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    apriliaforum newb SuperGmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    25
    Thanks for the advice and analysis. It's called being patient and making the best financial decision on the purchase of a toy. Yes, it is a foolish toy. Owning 3 Ducati's I've witnessed enough depreciating value to tread more carefully on future purchases.

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney151 View Post
    I'm sure you can find a smokin deal on a new fireblade right now. You seem more concerned with the "deal" than the bike you'll be riding.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards,

    SuperGmoney
    Massachusetts

    Current motorcycle: 2017 Aprilia RSV4 RR Black (Took delivery August 24th, 2017)

    Previous motorcycles:

    • 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Pikes Peak
    • 2012 Ducati Panigale
    • 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo


    Closest Ducati/Aprilia dealer is Seacoast Sport Cycle, Derry, NH

    "Be happy with your own problems" - SuperGmoney

  4. #19
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGmoney View Post
    Thanks for the advice and analysis. It's called being patient and making the best financial decision on the purchase of a toy. Yes, it is a foolish toy. Owning 3 Ducati's I've witnessed enough depreciating value to tread more carefully on future purchases.
    Agree 100% on the depreciation part. I got hammered on my 1199 and that was a big part of moving away from Ducati. With all the special editions, final editions, tricolor this, R that, superleggera x and y - ducati is now more about making money than anything else. And with VW bank backing this Italian marketing dream now anyone with a credit history can be a proud ducatista.

    I'm sure the new V4 is going to be a great bike, but (and this rings true for most first MY bikes) it will hold its value for all of 3 weeks before the "new" factor fades and ducati inevitably starts firing off their limited edition nonsense. And best of luck with a discount on that.

    I was in your position a few months ago and settled on a 16 rf. Picked up an incredible bike on sale for the right price from a factory dealer down the street. I say keep going on the 17 if you can. Looks like most people here and AF1 are coming up with good info on numbers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    apriliaforum Member Sonny112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    211
    Vehicles are depreciating assets; way of life

  6. #21
    apriliaforum newb SuperGmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    25
    Doesn't hurt to seek dollars off sticker price to lessen the financial pain of depreciation. Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney151 View Post
    Agree 100% on the depreciation part. I got hammered on my 1199 and that was a big part of moving away from Ducati. With all the special editions, final editions, tricolor this, R that, superleggera x and y - ducati is now more about making money than anything else. And with VW bank backing this Italian marketing dream now anyone with a credit history can be a proud ducatista.

    I'm sure the new V4 is going to be a great bike, but (and this rings true for most first MY bikes) it will hold its value for all of 3 weeks before the "new" factor fades and ducati inevitably starts firing off their limited edition nonsense. And best of luck with a discount on that.

    I was in your position a few months ago and settled on a 16 rf. Picked up an incredible bike on sale for the right price from a factory dealer down the street. I say keep going on the 17 if you can. Looks like most people here and AF1 are coming up with good info on numbers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny112 View Post
    Vehicles are depreciating assets; way of life
    Regards,

    SuperGmoney
    Massachusetts

    Current motorcycle: 2017 Aprilia RSV4 RR Black (Took delivery August 24th, 2017)

    Previous motorcycles:

    • 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Pikes Peak
    • 2012 Ducati Panigale
    • 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo


    Closest Ducati/Aprilia dealer is Seacoast Sport Cycle, Derry, NH

    "Be happy with your own problems" - SuperGmoney

  7. #22
    apriliaforum Member andyandtherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGmoney View Post
    My local Ducati/Aprilia dealer made me an offer along with trade-in value but I'm not satisfied with the numbers. Especially since I have purchased 3 Ducati's from them in 5 years. I'm expecting a better deal for a motorcycle not as popular as Ducati in the middle of August in New England. If a serious discount is not obtainable then I will simply wait for Ducati's V4 announcement.
    I would be cautious of buying a brand new model from any manufacturer. Let them have time to work the kinks out.
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

  8. #23
    apriliaforum Member prettykin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGmoney View Post
    Doesn't hurt to seek dollars off sticker price to lessen the financial pain of depreciation. Right?
    Speaking my language. I have 5 Aprilia dealers within 100 miles of my home. I visited all 5 of them and was quoted 5 different selling prices that varied by several thousand dollars. After doing my homework and dueling with a few sales reps I was able to get my 17' RR for less than my 17' Yamaha R1. You will almost always save money when being an informed consumer. For example one dealer tried put my pants on backwards with a $3000.00 A.D.M fee and bend me over and unzip those same pants with a $700.00 freight cost. I drove a little farther down the road and the next dealer was asking $500.00 freight & $199.00 setup. In the end I paid well below MSRP plus T.T.L only. A few years ago I was behaving more like Whitney151 (Concerned more about the bike I was going to be riding than the money I was paying for it) and got my ass whipped pretty good on a deal for a Ducati 1199. Nothing takes the wind out of your sails quite like finding out you paid thousands more for the same bike your buddies got.
    Last edited by prettykin; 08-14-2017 at 04:37 AM.

  9. #24
    apriliaforum expert drvacation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    1,667
    Guessing Ducati v4 will be over 30g.
    My statement is after shopping the country, as Las Vegas dealer at the time sucked
    As Duc owner you know the importance of good dealer over a couple hundred dollars price difference, give Ed or Steve a call, get a price, it's a pleasant no hassle call, they will give you a to your door price in a couple minutes.
    Again after getting race ecu, pipe and a few other goodies, I probably got the best deal

  10. #25
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by drvacation View Post
    Guessing Ducati v4 will be over 30g.
    My statement is after shopping the country, as Las Vegas dealer at the time sucked
    As Duc owner you know the importance of good dealer over a couple hundred dollars price difference, give Ed or Steve a call, get a price, it's a pleasant no hassle call, they will give you a to your door price in a couple minutes.
    Again after getting race ecu, pipe and a few other goodies, I probably got the best deal

    Was told at a very big NE duck dealer base price V4 would be 22-24 they couldnt go above to many other competing bikes.....well see if it sticks

  11. #26
    Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    9,102
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGmoney View Post
    Ed, Should I assume it wouldn't add up to a great deal to buy an RF from you if I also pay for shipping to Massachusetts? Do you also take trades from a customer in Massachusetts?
    trades from far away are possible, but very tough to pull off. You will always get more taking off all the trick bits and replacing with stock, and selling it yourself.

    $650 gets lost in trade value due to the shipping of it back. Lots can be saved by making a road trip. We have several great customers from NM do this every couple years.

    Plus we can only give so much based on pictures, and statements. We had one deal a long long time ago, that fell apart. It was never mentioned that it had been dropped on both sides and still damaged. I think it got dropped on the way to us. When it arrived, he really didnt like the revised trade numbers I had to offer him. Not fun...

  12. #27
    apriliaforum newb SuperGmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    25
    Hello Ed,
    I just posted my 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Pikes Peak with 2,400 miles for sale on craigslist. It would be a royal time-consuming pain to take off parts and sell. Not doing that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    trades from far away are possible, but very tough to pull off. You will always get more taking off all the trick bits and replacing with stock, and selling it yourself.

    $650 gets lost in trade value due to the shipping of it back. Lots can be saved by making a road trip. We have several great customers from NM do this every couple years.

    Plus we can only give so much based on pictures, and statements. We had one deal a long long time ago, that fell apart. It was never mentioned that it had been dropped on both sides and still damaged. I think it got dropped on the way to us. When it arrived, he really didnt like the revised trade numbers I had to offer him. Not fun...
    Regards,

    SuperGmoney
    Massachusetts

    Current motorcycle: 2017 Aprilia RSV4 RR Black (Took delivery August 24th, 2017)

    Previous motorcycles:

    • 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Pikes Peak
    • 2012 Ducati Panigale
    • 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo


    Closest Ducati/Aprilia dealer is Seacoast Sport Cycle, Derry, NH

    "Be happy with your own problems" - SuperGmoney

  13. #28
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykin View Post
    Speaking my language. I have 5 Aprilia dealers within 100 miles of my home. I visited all 5 of them and was quoted 5 different selling prices that varied by several thousand dollars. After doing my homework and dueling with a few sales reps I was able to get my 17' RR for less than my 17' Yamaha R1. You will almost always save money when being an informed consumer. For example one dealer tried put my pants on backwards with a $3000.00 A.D.M fee and bend me over and unzip those same pants with a $700.00 freight cost. I drove a little farther down the road and the next dealer was asking $500.00 freight & $199.00 setup. In the end I paid well below MSRP plus T.T.L only. A few years ago I was behaving more like Whitney151 (Concerned more about the bike I was going to be riding than the money I was paying for it) and got my ass whipped pretty good on a deal for a Ducati 1199. Nothing takes the wind out of your sails quite like finding out you paid thousands more for the same bike your buddies got.
    Good stuff and solid points.

    Just sent you a friend request because I couldn't PM you directly. (Maybe accepting request we can PM?) Wanted to ask you a few questions because I'm also in LA.

  14. #29
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklyn86 View Post
    Good stuff and solid points.

    Just sent you a friend request because I couldn't PM you directly. (Maybe accepting request we can PM?) Wanted to ask you a few questions because I'm also in LA.
    10 posts are required before you’re permitted to PM

  15. #30
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Upstate N.Y
    Posts
    84
    I'm searching for a 2017 RF as we speak, I have been in touch with 3 different dealers..I would LOVE to buy from AF1 but the shipping adds 650$ right on the top of the bike before we can even talk price.
    NIZE.........

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. parts for the RF, and RR will be called 2016 on our online store
    By Ed / AF1 Racing in forum 2010-2017 RSV4 - All Variants
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2015, 11:13 AM
  2. 2016 RSV4 RF and 2016 Tuono 1100 Factory Being launched at Daytona Bikes week
    By Ed / AF1 Racing in forum 2010-2017 RSV4 - All Variants
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 12:57 PM
  3. 2016 RSV4 RF and 2016 Tuono 1100 Factory Being Launched at Daytona Bike Week
    By Ed / AF1 Racing in forum 2012-2017 Tuono V4 - All Variants
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 06:30 AM
  4. Price for a used RSV4 Factory Ohlins OEM Shock
    By David_HX in forum 2010-2017 RSV4 - All Variants
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-24-2015, 11:26 AM
  5. Invoice price for a 2014 RSV4 Base?
    By IBLEES in forum 2010-2017 RSV4 - All Variants
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 03:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •