Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discounted price for a 2017 RSV4 RF and RR?

Discounted price for a 2017 RSV4 RF and RR?

Good morning,
    I'm seeking purchase data on current prices paid for the 2017 RSV4 RF and/or RR. I currently own a 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Pikes Peak and previously owned a Panigale and Monster 100 Evo. I've had the Multistrada for 3 years and itchy to get back to the superbike thrill ride. I thought I would go on longer rides but gravitate only to 90-minute rides on sunny Sunday afternoons. I test rode both the RSV4 and the Tuono 2 weeks ago. I really liked them both but felt the RSV4 RR engine smoothness and seating position was a welcome departure from the Multistrada more so than the Tuono (Tuono feeling wasn't different enough from the Multistrada Pikes Peak). To those who have purchased an RSV4 lately what discount was obtained? I'm drawn to the look of the Factory but not sure I will feel the $6k difference. Thanks. Feel free to message me your answer. I live in Massachusetts.
    Regards,

SuperGmoney
    Massachusetts

Current motorcycle: 2017 Aprilia RSV4 RR Black (Took delivery August 24th, 2017)

Previous motorcycles:

• 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Pikes Peak
    • 2012 Ducati Panigale
    • 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo

Closest Ducati/Aprilia dealer is Seacoast Sport Cycle, Derry, NH

"Be happy with your own problems" - SuperGmoney

apriliaforum expert Proctologist's Avatar
    I'm guessing that's largely based on your negotiation skills ..

Prices will drop a bit on 2017s as the 2018 models roll into town.

Today:
    Ducati 1199 Panigale Rosso | Aprilia RSV4-R APRC ABS

Yesterday:
    Ducati 1098 | Suzuki GSX-R1000 | Suzuki GSX-R1100 | Kawaski Ninja ZX600R | Suzuki TS185

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    18s wont likely be here until March or April or longer.....

many, many months after the 2018s are shown/launched in Europe which has not yet happened. Maybe they will reveal it in Intermot in November.

We can ship you one all setup ready to go.

Sure. A combination of my negotiating skills and market demand. Negotiating skills are always hampered if the product is limited and buyers are too numerous. I have seen the Aprilia bikes in the Ducati showroom for 5 years but never paid attention because of my laser focus on Ducati. Now, I'm paying attention and looking for Aprilia buying experiences from this forum. When will 2018's roll into town? Next April?

Quote Originally Posted by Proctologist View Post
    I'm guessing that's largely based on your negotiation skills ..

Prices will drop a bit on 2017s as the 2018 models roll into town.
    Regards,

SuperGmoney
    Massachusetts

Current motorcycle: 2017 Aprilia RSV4 RR Black (Took delivery August 24th, 2017)

Previous motorcycles:

• 2012 Ducati Panigale

Thanks but unfortunately I would need to trade-in my 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Pikes Peak with 2,450 miles on it. It is beyond loaded. Spent $30k with every conceivable goody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    18s wont likely be here until March or April or longer.....

many, many months after the 2018s are shown/launched in Europe which has not yet happened. Maybe they will reveal it in Intermot in November.

We can ship you one all setup ready to go.
    Last edited by SuperGmoney; 08-11-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typo
    Regards,

SuperGmoney
    Massachusetts

Previous motorcycles:

• 2012 Ducati Panigale

apriliaforum Junkie
    Probably better to sell those goodies prior to trading in the bike. You will not see very much of that money back on sale or trade in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Member andyandtherman's Avatar
    It will be roughly 9 or 10 months from now for the 18's

E mail Ed or Jon at AF1. That's what I did and I couldn't believe the price on my 17' RF! I'm local Austin, but the Dallas and Houston dealers were marking them way up, as were other dealers a few states away. Besides that, you'll get great service after the sale with no schmoozing and BS. Just a straight up good experience.

I'm in Massachusetts. The closest Aprilia dealer is 40 minutes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyandtherman View Post
    It will be roughly 9 or 10 months from now for the 18's

E mail Ed or Jon at AF1. That's what I did and I couldn't believe the price on my 17' RF! I'm local Austin, but the Dallas and Houston dealers were marking them way up, as were other dealers a few states away. Besides that, you'll get great service after the sale with no schmoozing and BS. Just a straight up good experience.
    Regards,

SuperGmoney
    Massachusetts

Previous motorcycles:

• 2012 Ducati Panigale

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGmoney View Post
    I'm in Massachusetts. The closest Aprilia dealer is 40 minutes away.
    I wish, the closest dealer to me is an hour and a half, and the last time I was there they didn't have a single Aprilia on the showroom floor. They basically are a Aprilia cycle "clerk," cause they certainly were not a Aprilia cycle "dealer."

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGmoney View Post
    Good morning,
    I'm seeking purchase data on current prices paid for the 2017 RSV4 RF and/or RR. I currently own a 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Pikes Peak and previously owned a Panigale and Monster 100 Evo. I've had the Multistrada for 3 years and itchy to get back to the superbike thrill ride. I thought I would go on longer rides but gravitate only to 90-minute rides on sunny Sunday afternoons. I test rode both the RSV4 and the Tuono 2 weeks ago. I really liked them both but felt the RSV4 RR engine smoothness and seating position was a welcome departure from the Multistrada more so than the Tuono (Tuono feeling wasn't different enough from the Multistrada Pikes Peak). To those who have purchased an RSV4 lately what discount was obtained? I'm drawn to the look of the Factory but not sure I will feel the $6k difference. Thanks. Feel free to message me your answer. I live in Massachusetts.
    I remember the following post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    you can expect factory discounts on all the leftover 2017s in 2018. We've sold only one 2017 RSV4 RF, and one RSV4 RR so far this year....luckily, Tuonos are selling good. We have over 20 V4s in stock.

We're making deals now!!!!
    Call the man!

Ed, if he buys I want a $50 Birddog. No need to send me a check, I'll take $50 in AF1 credit. Lol

I've got the only 17' RF in Austin?
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyandtherman View Post
    I've got the only 17' RF in Austin?
    you currently have the only 2017 RF we've ever sold....sold another RR today, bringing the total to 1 RF, and 3 RR for the 2017s. Tuonos are selling much better than the RSV4.

I'm surprised. I guess I have the coolest bike in Austin right now It's kind of like at my gym (Austin Fitness Center) when a bunch of female clients are in the building, when I'm the only male, and I "realize" aloud that I'm the best looking guy in the room.
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

Ed, Should I assume it wouldn't add up to a great deal to buy an RF from you if I also pay for shipping to Massachusetts? Do you also take trades from a customer in Massachusetts?
    Regards,

SuperGmoney
    Massachusetts

Previous motorcycles:

• 2012 Ducati Panigale

I ended up paying about 350 more total for mine buying it from af1 and having it shipped instead of the best deal out their I had found, having them set it up, add a few acc's. etc. came out about even, with the peace of mind that if it went boom, ya know Italian bike and all, I'd have the biggest and best ape dealer in the u.s. on my team.
    interesting side note, af1 asked if o.k. to put up to 20 miles on it so they could set up and test properly, every one else said it would only show a couple?
    because I can't remember reading a thread on this forum that concerns engine failures that stated they bought it from Af1 and/or having warranty issues, if any are their.
    Cheap insurance, IMO
    walked into my first bike shop in 1967, dealt with many! Will put Af1 right up their with the top 3 in 50 years, yea I'm old ,but still doing low 2's at spring mtn. classic track (faster than most of u youngins)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast