Thread: Has anyone tried the "Rapid Bike Evo" fuel trim set up yet on either the TP or ,

apriliaforum newb

Has anyone tried the "Rapid Bike Evo" fuel trim set up yet on either the TP or ,

Has anyone tried the "Rapid Bike Evo" fuel trim set up yet on either the TP or rally

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by andyf View Post
    Has anyone tried the "Rapid Bike Evo" fuel trim set up yet on either the TP or rally
    I have it in a box waiting to fit. It's about number 3 on list of things to do so I may be some time.

The RB Evo is probably the most comprehensive solution outside of an actual re-flash of the original ECU. Continually adjusts the fuelling on the fly over the full rpm range. Can auto adapt to exhaust and airbox mods. You can transfer the module to another bike by purchasing the necessary wiring harness. You can buy a 'bypass' connector to easily bypass the module for service /emissions requirements. If you want you can hook up to a laptop and see / modify the map.

They sent me a harness for a Dorsoduro, which is similar but only has one O2 sensor - I had the right one sent to me within 2 weeks. The wiring harness looks to be high quality. Reasonable installation instructions with colour pictures of the connections. They do say mount the module on top of the battery - not possible, fortunately the wires look long enough the locate it under the pillion seat.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by RSTman View Post
    I have it in a box waiting to fit. It's about number 3 on list of things to do so I may be some time.

The RB Evo is probably the most comprehensive solution outside of an actual re-flash of the original ECU. Continually adjusts the fuelling on the fly over the full rpm range. Can auto adapt to exhaust and airbox mods. You can transfer the module to another bike by purchasing the necessary wiring harness. You can buy a 'bypass' connector to easily bypass the module for service /emissions requirements. If you want you can hook up to a laptop and see / modify the map.

They sent me a harness for a Dorsoduro, which is similar but only has one O2 sensor - I had the right one sent to me within 2 weeks. The wiring harness looks to be high quality. Reasonable installation instructions with colour pictures of the connections. They do say mount the module on top of the battery - not possible, fortunately the wires look long enough the locate it under the pillion seat.
    Thank you, Andy

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Looks like a nice piece of kit, despite a bit of questionable hype in the description.

However, I've got one question:
    What problem are trying to solve through the installation of the RB Evo?

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsppu View Post
    Looks like a nice piece of kit, despite a bit of questionable hype in the description.

However, I've got one question:
    Poor low speed fueling. Doesn't seem to affect all bikes, Rally seems OK. My 2013 bike could be better, especially poor when new. Better now with miles and exhaust optimiser (standard on Rally) but still room for improvement. Any power gain will be a bonus, more power is not the primary objective.

If you're happy with the way your bike fuels then I wouldn't bother with RB or Fatducs etc.

Just put one on my Dorsoduro. http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...RBEVO-032A-EX)

I know it's a different bike, but thought the thread might be interesting to you.
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, NGK iridium plugs, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by rule62 View Post
    Just put one on my Dorsoduro. http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...RBEVO-032A-EX)

I know it's a different bike, but thought the thread might be interesting to you.
    Thanks for the link. My results with the RB EVO / Caponord are similar to yours and posted here.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...rapid+bike+evo

Well worth the money, for me anyway.

Timeless Tuner Wisdom

In the old days of carbureted engines expert tuners told me not to bother with rejetting a brand new bike, because it's very likely that tune will be wrong once the engine beds in. It's the tightness of new motors which makes them feel less responsive and poorly carbureted.

My new Capo Rally feels so much better with increasing miles! Its Touring ECU map was originally too sluggish and laggy but that's not the case at all now, it feels great!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    In the old days of carbureted engines expert tuners told me not to bother with rejetting a brand new bike, because it's very likely that tune will be wrong once the engine beds in. It's the tightness of new motors which makes them feel less responsive and poorly carbureted.

My new Capo Rally feels so much better with increasing miles! Its Touring ECU map was originally too sluggish and laggy but that's not the case at all now, it feels great!
    Current emissions regs are mainly to blame. Only very recently do manufacturers seem to have overcome the issues. The last three bikes I've owned, manufactured between 2009 and 2013 all had fueling issues. Non of the previous 30 or so from 1972 to 2004 did. My Caponord TP did improve with miles but still far from perfect. RB evo has it pretty much solved.

FWIW I think the Rally has different camshafts to the TP. That might be the main reason why Rally owners don't seem to have the poor low speed fueling issues.

Could Be

Whether or not Aprilia has fiddled with the Rally's engine internals I don't know, but my Rally's running manners improve with every ride. Idling, throttle response, low rpms, roll-ons, smoothness...everything gets better as this motor gets some mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by RSTman View Post
    I think the Rally has different camshafts to the TP.
    RST, I spent some time comparing the TP and Rally parts diagrams here on AF1, yes the camshaft part numbers are different between these models, at least in the US of A.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    RST, I spent some time comparing the TP and Rally parts diagrams here on AF1, yes the camshaft part numbers are different between these models, at least in the US of A.
    And a different Ecu map too...
    P.S. sorry for my bad English!!

Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rosso Formula
    Aprilia Rst Futura '02
    Aprilia Caponord RR '04 "Gundam" o "Biscottone".
    Aprilia Pegaso Cube 650 '01 "La piccola".

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi,

I have waiting in a box the entry level of the Rapid Bike. It is called the Rapid Bike Easy (instead of Evo). It is not available in US webstore so I had to order it from Europe.

It is a less complicated solution than the Evo and also much less expensive, does not require a laptop and software. It basically plugs on the Lambda sensors on the exhaust and then adjusts the fuel/air ratio. It is adjustable through dimmers on the module.

It will be fine for a slip on exhaust and air filter. More mods than that I have been told that you would be better with the Evo.

I will be fitting it during the winter as my bike is stored in the garage given the - 30 C outside. I will be able to give feedback only in the spring on how well it runs.

http://www.dimsport.it/en/rapidbike/easy/
    2015 Caponord White TP
    Heated grips, Gel seat, Givi Screen, Aprilia Top Box, GPR Exhaust, ESE Healtech, DNA Stage 2 Filter, RapidBike Easy Module, RAM Phone mount

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbertrand514 View Post
    Hi,

I have waiting in a box the entry level of the Rapid Bike. It is called the Rapid Bike Easy (instead of Evo). It is not available in US webstore so I had to order it from Europe.

It is a less complicated solution than the Evo and also much less expensive, does not require a laptop and software. It basically plugs on the Lambda sensors on the exhaust and then adjusts the fuel/air ratio. It is adjustable through dimmers on the module.

It will be fine for a slip on exhaust and air filter. More mods than that I have been told that you would be better with the Evo.

I will be fitting it during the winter as my bike is stored in the garage given the - 30 C outside. I will be able to give feedback only in the spring on how well it runs.

http://www.dimsport.it/en/rapidbike/easy/
    You don't need a laptop or software for the EVO either, it's plug and play. You can however hook up a laptop and see the map data as I understand - if you want.

DIFFERENT SOFTWARE PROFILES
    Rapid Bike technology includes a sophisticated software managing all main features of EVO and RACING modules for fine tuning operations, as well as the full range of accessories.
    The advanced software version include all the accessories required by the professional tuners, while the end-user version can be downloaded free of charge