Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Click click click, or tick tick tick

apriliaforum newb
    Hi drogat!
    Very good your explanation ! a question can I take the especial bolt off without remove the gear? I mean without disassembly head cover , just from the side of the cylinder ?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I was just at the shop and it does not look like a diy job. You have to remove the clutch, timing chain ect.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    It looks like the special screw could be removed but would the cam gear, washers and chain fall into the engine case? I am dying to tear into this to see if i have the dreaded bushing gone bad.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    The noise is real loud. My shop is having a hard time getting the timing back. Should be done tomorrow

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abnknows View Post
    The noise is real loud. My shop is having a hard time getting the timing back. Should be done tomorrow
    One indicator of a bad bushing is a mis-alignment of the anti backlash teeth on the cam gear. This can be seen by removing the cam cover and using a small mirror to see if the two gears are or not aligned. If the teeth on the gears are closely aligned things should be OK. If not there is slop in the bushing. And the cam timing is retarded. Big tear down required, but the correct parts are good to go. I have 23000 miles on mine since it was fixed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I finally got mine back a few weeks ago. They showed me the bushing and special nut. It didn't look too bad. I hope that the major issues are in the past.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    The shop just told me they had a 750 shiver in and it had the same problem; intermediate shaft and gear worn out, low klms. Just for fun, i checked the part numbers and the shaft and gears are identical for the 750 and 1200 motor. So this problem has been around for a while.......

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Update is my bike has been at the dealer for over a month now, waiting on parts. Engine top ends completely stripped and new cam bushings and intermediate shafts being replaced as well as water pump seal, ADD rear pump and control unit, fuel level sensor, did i forget anything?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    It is funny that you mentioned that. My wp seal had to be replaced. Did you know you had an issue. I didn't.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    No sign of it to me and i go over my bikes pretty close. They said they smelled coolant and pointed out a minor weep on the water pump.

apriliaforum newb
    iI needed 10 hours of work (made it int 4 days) to replace the front cylinder intermediary gear.

the bike was 1000kms when it started with a small "valve like noise" but it was bigger and bigger, at 3000km I replaced it.

Now I heared a small click from the rear cylinder but is far, far away from the louder noise comming from the fron one...I think I will replace the back gear in the next air filter cleaning...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12