Thread: 2016.5 RSV4 RF STOLEN - Irvine, CA

apriliaforum Member kneedragger101's Avatar

2016.5 RSV4 RF STOLEN - Irvine, CA

Yesterday morning two thieves broke into my "secure" storage facility at Public Storage in Irvine, CA and stole THREE motorcycles.

Aprilia VIN: ZD4RKUB08GS000482

I LOVED THIS BIKE :-(

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4_RF_STOLEN_LEFT.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	287.9 KB 
ID:	337400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4_RF_STOLEN_RIGHT.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	260.2 KB 
ID:	337401

apriliaforum prov-nov
    S*!*t! That really sucks.

Please tell us you had insurance. . .
    KG RSV4

7 miles to the Angeles Crest. Dawn Patrol, here I come!

Bike was recovered by Irvine Police with some minor cosmetic damage. Insurance will replace and this beauty will be incredible once again! :-)

apriliaforum expert MamboItaliono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger101 View Post
    Bike was recovered by Irvine Police with some minor cosmetic damage. Insurance will replace and this beauty will be incredible once again! :-)
    Dang man, glad it was recovered, but that always sucks

apriliaforum expert
    Did you get the R1 back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    www.thailongly.com
    www.flickr.com/tl2bass
    @TL2Bass (Instagram/Twitter)
    2016 Tuono 1100 RR
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT 1050

Motorcycle.com Contributing Editor / Guest Tester
    www.motorcycle.com

STG Sponsored Rider
    www.sportbiketrackgear.com

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Glad to hear you got it back and the damage is covered!
    KG RSV4

7 miles to the Angeles Crest. Dawn Patrol, here I come!

Glad to hear you got her back. Would like to hear the details though. Any arrests? Was it found abandoned or in possession? We're the scumbags able to crack the steering lock? Look like an organized, calculated theft or one of opportunity?
    I find tinsel very distracting.

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    the thieves probably didn't know what it was or what to do with it....hopefully they are in jail

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    the thieves probably didn't know what it was or what to do with it....hopefully they are in jail
    This.
    I suspect that they probably realize it's not going to be an easy flip and would have to part it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE: I had three bikes stolen from my storage unit. I won't name which storage facility as I may go forward with litigation for negligence as the facility where I had 5 bikes stores knew there was a theft issue and made no attempts to make it harder for theives and they made no know attempts to improve their surveillance. BOTH thieves are in jail and have not been released to date. ALL CREDIT DUE TO IRVINE POLICE DEPARTMENT! Those detectives went the extra mile to get my property back and I am very proud of them. Two of the three bikes were returned to me, both with significant cosmetic damage but they were not able to ride the 60th Anniversary R1 or the RSV4 RF. My 701 Supermoto, which was VERY trick, has not been recovered. Insurance will cover most but not all of my losses. These 'career criminals' have been in and out of jail for some time and were 'casing' storage units all across Orange County. What is ironic is that I chose this indoor facility because I was 'sold' on its security. The R1 is going to be fixed and remain a street bike; the RSV4 is now becoming a race bike as several of the body panels were damaged and the swingarm and exhaust were scratched as well as the ignition and the tank.

I couldn't really talk about any of this until the thieves were apprehended and the leads ran out on the last missing bike.

Really glad two of the three were recovered for you, and those suckers were caught. When one of my bikes was stolen LAPD said statistically only 20% of motorcycles are recovered when stolen, where conversely, 80% of cars are recovered. Insurance and diligence is our best ally against this. Best of luck with the rest of the scenario- and if that RSV4 makes it out to Chuckwalla or Buttonwillow, hit me up with a PM. We usually have a garage at one of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger101 View Post
    UPDATE: I had three bikes stolen from my storage unit. I won't name which storage facility as I may go forward with litigation for negligence as the facility where I had 5 bikes stores knew there was a theft issue and made no attempts to make it harder for theives and they made no know attempts to improve their surveillance. BOTH thieves are in jail and have not been released to date. ALL CREDIT DUE TO IRVINE POLICE DEPARTMENT! Those detectives went the extra mile to get my property back and I am very proud of them. Two of the three bikes were returned to me, both with significant cosmetic damage but they were not able to ride the 60th Anniversary R1 or the RSV4 RF. My 701 Supermoto, which was VERY trick, has not been recovered. Insurance will cover most but not all of my losses. These 'career criminals' have been in and out of jail for some time and were 'casing' storage units all across Orange County. What is ironic is that I chose this indoor facility because I was 'sold' on its security. The R1 is going to be fixed and remain a street bike; the RSV4 is now becoming a race bike as several of the body panels were damaged and the swingarm and exhaust were scratched as well as the ignition and the tank.

I couldn't really talk about any of this until the thieves were apprehended and the leads ran out on the last missing bike.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    dirty rotten mother....s. makes me angry just thinking about it. I hate thieves.

that really sucks.
    "There are old motorcycle riders, there are bold motorcycle riders, but there are no old bold motorcycle riders"

-unknown

"politicians and diapers should be changed often, and for the same reason"

-unknown