Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowes on the outer for 2018, Bautista or Crutchlow to replace him?!

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    If you have the time Dave I'll buy you a beer when you're here.
    Cool yzr750, when the time gets closer i will PM you, would be great to catch up over a beer.
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    In an interview last week, Cal mentioned possibly finishing his career on a KTM.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azscram View Post
    In an interview last week, Cal mentioned possibly finishing his career on a KTM.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Cal says a lot of stuff, he likes to keep everybody guessing, he's also supposedly talking to Suzuki & Aprilia (but who in their right mind would go to Aprilia?).......personally I think he'll stay exactly where he is, Honda want him there, the team value him, he's on a close to factory spec bike, why change? End of career at KTM would be interesting but I think he's a couple of seasons away from that.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...r-deal-918108/

Well, i suppose thats the end of Cal keeping everyone guessing. Probably the best bet for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200
    1999 Ducati 748

I'm not really surprised by that. He has a good thing going with LCR and Honda.
    I don't care about my apathy.

apriliaforum expert craigo298er's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeS02 View Post
    I'm not really surprised by that. He has a good thing going with LCR and Honda.
    neither am I, but the article mentions Miller getting drropped...I hope he doesn't get picked up by Aprilia. I do want to see Takaaki Nakagami in MotoGP; coolest name to yell

Not surprised at all that they are retaining Cal. It is the best option for him AND the team.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

Quote Originally Posted by craigo298er View Post
    neither am I, but the article mentions Miller getting drropped...I hope he doesn't get picked up by Aprilia. I do want to see Takaaki Nakagami in MotoGP; coolest name to yell
    Right? Takaaki Nakagami!!!

Miller's in a tough spot. He's not happy with the bike but it sounds like he can't go someplace else.

Words that are hard to interpret positively, and for this reason Jack's future is still uncertain. Honda had a contractual option that expired in late May, but decided not to make use of it. Miller is therefore on the market and in recent weeks had caught the interest of Ducati. The idea was to bring him into team Pramac, considering that Redding has failed to meet expectations in this early part of the season.

Another Australian on the red bike? No, because Jack's financial requests appear to be very high and so Bologna prefers to look elsewhere.
    https://www.gpone.com/en/2017/06/14/...ls-him-no.html

Could Miller and Lowes switch seats for 2018? Uff da...

apriliaforum expert
    Isn't Aprilia contemplating a customer team in 2018? Maybe Miller gets one of those?

The article mentions he wants too much from Ducati, I would be curious what a rider like him would consider his worth and what Ducati thinks he is worth.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Maybe Aprilia should be taking a good long look at their own race team structures/management rather than do the usual cop-out of blaming the riders when things aren't working out.......some of those guys have been around for decades, back as far as the glory days of Max Biaggi on 250 2 strokes....perhaps it's time for some fresh blood and put the old dogmatic guys out to pasture?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Maybe Aprilia should be taking a good long look at their own race team structures/management rather than do the usual cop-out of blaming the riders when things aren't working out.......some of those guys have been around for decades, back as far as the glory days of Max Biaggi on 250 2 strokes....perhaps it's time for some fresh blood and put the old dogmatic guys out to pasture?
    I was thinking along similar lines the other day too and was wondering about Lowes team. Who are they and where did they come from? Stefan Bradl's old team or...?

Aprilia saying it looks more like 2019 for satellite teams. I get the feeling they want to set it up kike they did with 250 and 125cc where the teams run the team but Aprilia makes thw bikes.

With Lowes Redding and Miller on the outer it could turn into a Spanish Italian champiosnhip.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/0...-sounds/232001

Another one, from the post race test. Interesting looking fairing colors there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200
    1999 Ducati 748

Quote Originally Posted by K-Style View Post
    Aprilia saying it looks more like 2019 for satellite teams. I get the feeling they want to set it up kike they did with 250 and 125cc where the teams run the team but Aprilia makes thw bikes.

With Lowes Redding and Miller on the outer it could turn into a Spanish Italian champiosnhip.
    Who the fuck would want a satellite Aprilia? The factory ones aren't good so a satellite one would be worse. Mind you, it seemed to work out for Ducati?
    seesecurity.com.au

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast