Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowes on the outer for 2018, Bautista or Crutchlow to replace him?!

Aprilia needs to concentrate on WSBK where they was competitive until they decide to go motogp with that crapy bike.
    2012 RSV4 APRC
    2014 CBR1000RR SP
    1970 CL350

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by ape66 View Post
    Cmon over to Choice land today dave
    My (Ha Ha) was aimed at Dans "find a nut comment" not aimed at Aprilias continuous failings at Moto GP, i love seeing them on grid, but i think they are so far behind the 8 ball, that a novice like KTM at Moto GP, gives them a run for their money, i prefer to see aprilia back the Super Bikes again, and have 3 rival factories chasing for wins. and hopefully Yamaha and Honda can up their game too.
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    My (Ha Ha) was aimed at Dans "find a nut comment" not aimed at Aprilias continuous failings at Moto GP, i love seeing them on grid, but i think they are so far behind the 8 ball, that a novice like KTM at Moto GP, gives them a run for their money, i prefer to see aprilia back the Super Bikes again, and have 3 rival factories chasing for wins. and hopefully Yamaha and Honda can up their game too.
    I really hate Wsbk right now. I'm tired of the Kawi show. Chaz is giving his all, sometimes it pays off, but no one else is even in contention. Laverty was a force on the old bike, he's lucky for a top 10 now. Aprilia definitely needs to focus on one thing

It makes sense to throw your R&D at the best rider, Lowes needs to stop whining and get on with the job.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Some Lowes quotes

"They need to sort the problems out. It doesn't matter if you're Valentino Rossi, if you don't go out in qualifying you can't be on the f@cking front row. "

Reports in the Italian press suggested Aprilia could replace the contracted Lowes for 2018, with Cal Crutchlow admitting it is one of his "options" and Suzuki's Andrea Iannone also linked with a switch.

"If it carries on like this, I don't want to ride it anyway," Lowes added.

Personally, I think Aprilia bears at least an equal part of the blame for Sam's results. He's clearly a talented rider - and an adaptable one. (A World Supersport championship, winning Moto2 races on a SpeedUp chassis nobody was having success with, winning Moto2 races on a Kalex the following year...) He's obviously fast, and he's obviously capable of adapting to the needs of a different bike.

I definitely don't place all the blame in Aprilia's lap, but at the same time, I don't think they've done enough to give him what he needs. And all of the mechanical problems are a bit of a joke; certainly not helping the situation. To throw a talented rookie under the bus, 6 races into a 2 year deal, is pretty lame.

(Though, at this point, maybe it's the best thing that could happen to him.)

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess67 View Post
    It makes sense to throw your R&D at the best rider, Lowes needs to stop whining and get on with the job.
    It all depends on your contract. If it says you get equal treatment then that's what you'd expect.
    Just for the record I'm not saying that this is the case in this circumstance, I genuinely don't know

apriliaforum Member
    Riding a lower spec bike is all good. What happened this weekend in qualifying was inexcusable for a motoGP team. I have seen privateer Daytona 200 efforts that looked way more organized than that cluster.

First it was Melandries fault, not trying hard enough-useless, now its Lows fault, whining and useless, Melandries going very well on the Ducati, Lows will go well on what ever he moves onto next, if riding the April hasn't ruined his career.
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

Where abouts in nzlnd do u live Dave? I am in auckland at the moment. If you live close it would be great to catch up��

Where abouts in nzlnd do u live Dave? I am in auckland at the moment. If you live close it would be great to catch up��
    Im in Taranaki Ape666, shit i was nearly up by Auckland on sunday, we did a huge back road ride to Kawhia, and a bunch of back roads to home, Taranaki is about 320K south of Auckland. We have just had a month of fine mild weather here, but today looks like our first real winters day, and winter now looks set to roll in, how long are you in NZ for.

Im in Taranaki Ape666, shit i was nearly up by Auckland on sunday, we did a huge back road ride to Kawhia, and a bunch of back roads to home, Taranaki is about 320K south of Auckland. We have just had a month of fine mild weather here, but today looks like our first real winters day, and winter now looks set to roll in, how long are you in NZ for.
    Dam! Oh well will be back over here in November . Only here till Thursday raining here as well. So maybe then or if you come over for go?

Dam! Oh well will be back over here in November . Only here till Thursday raining here as well. So maybe then or if you come over for go?
    I'm going to Brisbane in November for a wedding at Byron Bay. We thinking of hireing a camper, and do a little exploring inland then head up the coast a bit then back to Brisbane to fly home. 2 weeks we there for.

I'm going to Brisbane in November for a wedding at Byron Bay. We thinking of hireing a camper, and do a little exploring inland then head up the coast a bit then back to Brisbane to fly home. 2 weeks we there for.
    If you have the time Dave I'll buy you a beer when you're here.
    seesecurity.com.au

That qualifying was a joke. Lowes was understandably pissed off, especially after hearing hes on the outer. Maybe the team needed that mouthful? He has been a fair bit behind aleix even if he's on an older bike.

The bike is getting fast and let's be honest, Aleix is only a solid rider and for him to 5th on the grid, Marquez would probably be top 3 on it pace wise. Shame about reliability ATM...
    Last edited by spank36; 06-12-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Current bikes - 2012 Tuono V4

Blog/Website - www.onthebackwheel.com

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast