Thread: Service advice

apriliaforum prov-nov

Service advice

Hello Aprilia junkies,

This is mainly angled towards Dorsoduro 1200 owners but is a servicing advise question in general.
    My Dorsoduro 1200 is due for its major service and where I live (Brisbane, Australia) there is only 1 official Aprilia dealer. The quote from the Aprilia dealer is about $400 more than non Aprilia dealers Iíve spoken to. Some of the other dealers wont touch the DD because they donít have the Aprilia diagnostics and others will do the mechanical stuff (valve clearances etc) but not the ECU checks due to the lack of software and therefore wont stamp the service log book.

Does anyone out there think it will be an issue to have a non Aprilia dealer perform the service at $400 less? Aprilia donít even make the same model anymore and things cant have changed much since the last major service right? So unless there is a warning light do I even need to be concerned with what the ECU is telling a computer? I understand the service interval warning light will come on but Iím hoping that part could be done for free (like it was for the minor service) or very cheaply worse case.

Advise on this would be greatly appreciated guys! Any thoughts or opinions? AF1 racing guys? Can you shed some light on this issue being an official Aprilia dealer/service center?

Thanking you all in advance

apriliaforum prov-nov
    So no one has any input? Lots of views. Sorry guys, just bit anxious as the service needs to happen soon. We get really poor customer service from Aprilia in Australia! The importer just recently changed hands and seems worse than before. Someone from AF1 racing removed my posts in the tuono forum into the DD page. Is that a no no? My question isn't purely related to the dorsoduro. The RSV4's also have electronics that require special diagnostics so the question is relevant to those owners too, no?

apriliaforum newb
    Truck,
    Give Tyrone at Ultimate Motorcycles Nerang a call. They used to be Action Motorcycles but have been bought out by Motorcycle Holdings (Team Moto). I spoke with them a couple of weeks ago as I was concerned about about Aprilia service. He said all is still OK in that dept so far as they are still an Aprilia dealer so have all the right service diagnostic kit.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hey Geoff,
    Thanks for letting me know. Ultimate are the dealer in question which i was talking about in my post but was trying not to name and shame . Unfortunately action mc are teammoto now but I'm hoping they don't act like teammmoto! had nothing but bad experiences with them in the past and they have a monopoly on the motorcycle industry in australis as I'm sure you're aware! I dealt with Adam before they changed hands and he was awesome and he warned me that he may not still be working there when i return. and indeed he has been shipped off down the street to a different teammoto manufacturer. Maybe tyrone will do a good job but they are over charging. So will see how much they would charge for the diagnostics alone.
    btw Geoff I sent you a private message previously but don't think it reached you due to me not having forum rights to send PM. Not enough posts at the time i think?? was responding to a question you asked me on another post. didnt mean to be a rude bugger!

apriliaforum newb
    Hey Truck,
    I hear you re: Team Moto. Whilst I do admit that Ultimate, formerly Action were a little bit on the salty side in terms of price I found Tyrone to be very helpful with his advice, did a good job and looked after me. However, whilst he said that things were "as normal" I got the feeling that he thought it would all change, and in my opinion, if he remains working there I'll be very surprised. With Motorcycle Holdings (Team Moto) owning virtually everything I fear standards will slip, if they haven't already.
    A friend of mine who runs track bikes uses Motorcycle Guru, also on Lawrence Drive. I haven't used them myself so can't comment on costs, but he swears by them. They do a lot of race prep stuff so may well be able to help with the diagnostics
    Yes, did get your message, meant to reply, forgot, been away a lot since, sorry. DD ownership all good here. Just finished off a set of tyres at Lakeside. Yeehah!

apriliaforum prov-nov peace maker's Avatar
    Fellow Brisbane dwellers, saw this DD for sale. Seems reasonably priced https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clon...ap-/1150407526
    2004 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory - Map 2, updated ECU map, PC3, Akrapovics, K&N air filter, Ricks's heavy duty stator, sh755 rectifier, T12 stator oil cooling kit, updated temp sensor, CBR1000 side stand, Ducati 1098 rear master cylinder.

2012 Kawasaki Z1000 - GP series titanium Akrapovic slip ons