Thread: Scarabeo 50 4T 2008 carburateur/airbox tuning-upgrade

apriliaforum newb

Scarabeo 50 4T 2008 carburateur/airbox tuning-upgrade

Greetings. I have a Scarabeo 50 4t 2008, C376M and I would like to change the carburateur and air filter, since I feel this motor needs more oxygen. I have removed the airbox for a try and without it its much much better. I have upgraded the variator, clutch and the second gear with malossi and I consider to buy in near future cylinder kit 79cc and the exhaust system(surely second hand) but before this I want everything else be ok. Now its time for carburateur with airfilter. Could you suggest me please a good combo fitting my system? I have no idea what kind of carburateur have to put, I have read a 22mm is good for future 79cc also ok 50, but which one? I'd like to see a good guide for exactly this motor, since these things are new to me. Thank you very much.

apriliaforum expert
    the engine was port matched from the factory from the carb to engine to exhaust. just guessing carb size is nuts. measure the cylinder inlet and outlet sizes. if that stuff is over your head to think of on your own / then perhaps you might find you miss the time in the distant past where the bike ran great.
    ---
    have you tried driving it with the gear kit?
    ---
    bigger carbs will reach beyond rpm redline into mushroomed valve stems and broken rockers and munched cams. i will be very surprised hear how the cost/performance/weight ratio matches up to a factory tuned 100-200cc used scooter.
    --- diploma for engine repair in 2012 ---

derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi T.C. half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter

complete wtp volta bmx 2012 - sanko seamless japanese cromoly heat treated and blue printed frame - 21lbs

1992 lt250r suzuki quadracer - maier plastics -chromed shearer pipe - chromed works suspension - ++++++++ - 220lbs

previous vehicles - subaru legacy turbo 1991 - mazda mx6 turbo 1990.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by sublunacy View Post
    the engine was port matched from the factory from the carb to engine to exhaust. just guessing carb size is nuts. measure the cylinder inlet and outlet sizes. if that stuff is over your head to think of on your own / then perhaps you might find you miss the time in the distant past where the bike ran great.
    ---
    have you tried driving it with the gear kit?
    ---
    bigger carbs will reach beyond rpm redline into mushroomed valve stems and broken rockers and munched cams. i will be very surprised hear how the cost/performance/weight ratio matches up to a factory tuned 100-200cc used scooter.
    Cost/performance when we talk about 50cc 4t and tuning involved is not so comfortable to talk.. )) I think number of engine is enough for recognizing carb fittings. C376M, should be perfectly similar with the more popular C373M, from 2006 to 2009 50cc 4t 2 valve. I guess there are people who have already been experienced with just this engine and model and know more about this subject.

Thanks.

apriliaforum expert
    if you want i can help you.
    --
    can you post a picture and description so others can learn and talk too.
    --
    forget about the carb for now unless malossi has a carb listed for your bike. the exhaust is easy and so is the ignition. the only question i have is - show us the cylinder kit so we can help.

derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi T.C. half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter

complete wtp volta bmx 2012 - sanko seamless japanese cromoly heat treated and blue printed frame - 21lbs

1992 lt250r suzuki quadracer - maier plastics -chromed shearer pipe - chromed works suspension - ++++++++ - 220lbs

apriliaforum newb
    Hey there, thanks for support! http://www.malossistore.eu/alumin-cy...5-apsc4t50-M-P
    This is the kit, i think it is 79cc, but there is a chance to be 70 also. My carburateur is with membrane, is it possible 4t without membrane in any way better? Regards.

apriliaforum expert
    good good. the top performances kit is half the price and its cast not aluminum. cast is better unless your trying to drop the weight.

--
    cv carbs work great on deceleration wich is why the throttle responce is slower. they dont make more or less power it just keeps a steady tune that wont make lean popping noises out the exhaust on deceleration. ---you can modify the air bleed hole in the slide to split the difference without getting a normal slide carb. cv carbs are better for street use because they are the pinacle/peak of technology not the other way around.

--
    so the turbokit exhaust and the malossi camshaft will be wanted also

-- the carb size is still up in the air but i think you allready have a plan for a bigger cv carb. you can get help here and make everyone jealous
    Last edited by sublunacy; 05-27-2017 at 06:07 PM.

apriliaforum expert
    the ignition you might not need till you get everything else first. there is nothing wrong with the stock one except a rev limiter as a guess. i would just keep it untill i could not stand it any longer/ i can say for sure valve float is a son of a bitch and it will kill your engine if you give it a chance.
    Last edited by sublunacy; 05-27-2017 at 06:06 PM.

apriliaforum expert
    its better to increase the intake manifold runner size by porting. lets worry about head porting last till you get the carb and exhaust sizes.
    -you need camshaft because its a big bore period. it will move the torque higher up till its more like stock rpm again instead of 1500-2000rpm earlier with the bigbore.
    i hope that makes sense.

----
    porting the head is gonna get tricky i believe. you decide how much work you can handle and let me know.
    Last edited by sublunacy; 05-27-2017 at 06:28 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Hey there! Could you show me where are top performances kits, I couldn't find their official site. Malossi camshaft and top perfomances cylinder kit, did i understand right, pal? Thanks )

p.s. what you think about smaller and lighter rollers combinig with much stronger spring? http://www.ebay.de/itm/Variomatikgew...MAAOSwo0JWQQEf
    Last edited by venizuela; 05-27-2017 at 06:45 PM.

apriliaforum expert
    yes if you can find the topperf camshaft you might save some more money. the topperf stuff is all just as good as malossi/ perhaps better in some areas like the piston quality and casting quality and machining quality. sorry malossi i guess your italian laws concerning italian jobs has more than a few draw backs. --- made where malossi?---

i could be wrong but i doubt it... i smell LIARS
    Last edited by sublunacy; 05-28-2017 at 09:56 AM.

apriliaforum expert
    the topperf website is hard to find. its called ittsport or something but its pretty good site.

----
    dont use the gear up kit untill you get the 80cc done.

----
    the rollers and spring work together. the rollers tune max rpm and throttle responce from the clutch dump to 80 percent of the top speed. the contra spring tunes max rpm and throttle responce from 80-110 percent of the top speed.

- so if the rpm are to low at top speed the spring is to light. the rollers hold the rpm in the sweet spot...