Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mussan

apriliaforum Junkie brandonmccann's Avatar
    This exhaust mounts at the cylindrical parts at the edge of the frame. In the GPR installation video, there's a "hook" thing that fits in here, and then the bolts for the exhaust go there. This one goes head on there, without the hook part, so I'm not sure I could have a tray without making the holes as it installs directly to the frame. Actually looks extremely simple compared to Akra and the other installations I've watched...

I really would love to make one myself, but I don't even have a table where I could saw it(sawhorse would be great, but also add the clamps), and I already have to get gaskets and heat tape as it is. I just can't afford to spend $200 to put the exhaust on, compared to the $50 for the gaskets and the tape.

I see that Akra was the only brand to offer an undertray, and they discontinued it after a while. I feel like as long as I tape up the undertray well with the heat tape it'll be sufficient. I don't ever ride through rain(except for my thunderstorm experience in my last long trip)so I don't see any water getting thrown up onto the tray. Eventually I'll get a rear fender and hopefully that'll be enough to mitigate any problems.

I mostly have all the tools for my general maintenance(outside of tire or chain change). I just need a combo wrench for the rear brake, a socket wrench, a drift punch(for the accossato levers), and a torque wrench and I'll be all set.
    -----------------------------------------
    Seemingly endless conquest(WTB) for - Bazzaz Z-fi tc kit, Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, HLD Large Rear Fender, Carbon tank & ignition panels; For 2009 Shiver.
    For SALE - Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers and OEM mirrors; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Apex Clipons, 520 45T, Motocorsaro o2 Optimiser, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Accosatto clutch & brake masters, Mussan MPdemon header & decat link pipe, Skidmarx Bellypan, HLD seat cowl, Sport Screen, CRG Arrows, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders.

Update:

Exhaust cleared NY customs yesterday, should have it here Thursday or Friday! Looking to get it installed same day unless I'm busy with work or it's raining.

Will update here with some pictures and videos. Can't wait!
    Seemingly endless conquest(WTB) for - Bazzaz Z-fi tc kit, Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, HLD Large Rear Fender, Carbon tank & ignition panels; For 2009 Shiver.
    For SALE - Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers and OEM mirrors; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Apex Clipons, 520 45T, Motocorsaro o2 Optimiser, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Accosatto clutch & brake masters, Mussan MPdemon header & decat link pipe, Skidmarx Bellypan, HLD seat cowl, Sport Screen, CRG Arrows, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders.

apriliaforum newb
    Following

apriliaforum expert High Country's Avatar
    They must have paid extra for shipping that slow.
    2009 Aprilia Dosoduro 750 (Adventurized: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...893274&thumb=1)

yeah, we had some technical difficulties getting it shipped out lol. Don't really care though, it's finally on it's way(purchased around May 1st).

STILL in NYC. USPS is so slowwwww.

Yeah, it can be frustrating watching the tracking. Probably 1-2 weeks out.
    2009 Aprilia Dosoduro 750 (Adventurized: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...893274&thumb=1)

apriliaforum expert
    You'll also be fighting Black Friday/Cyber Monday shipping delays. Maybe you'll get it this week. Can't wait to see a video.
    Don't be a jerk... jerk

2016 KTM 250 xc
    2013 KTM 350 xcf ---------------SOLD
    2011 Husqvarna 630 ------------SOLD
    2007 KTM Superduke 990-------SOLD
    2009 Dorsoduro 750
    2003 KLX 400R
    2009 YZ450 -----------------------SOLD
    2007 ZZR600 ----------------------SOLD
    2006 CBR600RR ------------------SOLD
    2009 Ninja 250 -------------------SOLD

Delivered today

Will post pics once they're installed. Gonna try and do it myself. Man, the stock pipe looks like a real pain. Lost one of the screws to the passenger grab rail, gonna have to see if auto zone can match it.

Will keep y'all posted!

ACE hardware has a much better selection of fasteners to help match the one you lost.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, FatDuc, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO on order...

Yeah I couldn't find an auto store.

I can try Fastenal tomorrow. Gonna try and get at least the decat in tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2017-11-30 at 5.35.17 PM(1).jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	347323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2017-11-30 at 5.35.17 PM.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	347324Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  46.0 KBName:  Capture.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  41.9 KB

Update: so installed the system the other night. Here's some points.

Overall, the installation went very smoothly. The stock cat and pipe we're very easy to drop. Just two bolts, clamps, and pull mostly. Lambda sensor was stuck but came right out when using a hammer and a wrench together to loosen it up.

Exhaust decat seems a little bit angled and a little bit short, so the fit has got to be perfect. There is no gasket or clamp needed for the muffler itself, so the weight of it and force needed to line it up is a nuisance as the decat can slip out of place. This could
    easily be alleviated with a floor jack, which I didn't have. I made do with a box and some plastic lol.

Exhaust fit up very well, the right tab was slightly angled so I hammered it a few times to get it straight and lined up perfect.

Thoughts: exhaust looks very sleek, and sounds like a racecar. My girlfriend said she could hear me down the street, and around the corner lol. It sits up closer to the seat, so there's a noticeable difference in heat radiating around the seat but nothing crazy.

There's also some heat at my right leg, but I'm concerned that it is leaking at the clamp connection as it would keep slipping there during installation. Since it's all together now is it advisable to loosen the clamp and reseat that part of the pipe again?

Performance wise, there is definitely an increase in torque and shifting up to 2nd is a real blast. Both of sound and power. lack of weight in the back also makes me feel like its a bit easier to manipulate in turns but don't quote me on that one, just felt like it.

I'll update some more pics and videos again tomorrow, been asleep and working all day. I did get a startup video for y'all though. Check my insta.

www.instagram.com/mandalorian_biker

update: Tried to loosen and tighten the clamp, maybe lifted it up a small bit but overall it was pretty much in there. So hopefully there's no leak and it's just the exhaust. Anything for me to look for over time that's a sign it's leaking?

Edit: driving around traffic is where the heat is, nothing on the expressway. I tightened both clamps and the heat actually eventually goes to both sides so I think it's just radiating heat. Maybe a heat wrap for the other pipe, not the decat?

Also, definitely has quite a bit more torque. Super loud, but damn it runs good. So far no fueling problems like I was having or reduced top end, as i think my bike needed to be leaned out.
    Last edited by brandonmccann; 12-03-2017 at 01:11 AM.

That's badass! With the 4 outlets, it has a growl like a V4. I'd love to hear it go through the gears, and downshift through the gears.

Definitely the most unique exhaust I've seen on these bikes.

thanks man! I've been thinking about recording with my Uclear to get some shifting audio but I feel like it wouldn't be as fun without the accompanying video. Someone loan me their gopro lol.

I'll for sure make a video sometime next year when I purchase a Nuviz but until then I don't really have a way to record slamming through the gears :/

I will say that shifting and downshifting with this thing is so awesome, definitely enough to bring a smile to your face after you've gotten used to the Sport mode and it doesn't try and "get away" from you anymore. Shifting up just makes it scream. Downshifting has a lovely low growl with the occassional backfire sound thing(but the stock exhaust had that anyways, roughly about the same).

I also feel like the revs are a bit better. 45T sprocket made first a bit annoying at higher speeds in first. This will of course require more testing though. I'd go out tonight but I feel bad waking the neighborhood at midnight, particularly because that's what I've been doing the last few nights lol.

Really happy with it though. Wish it was a tiny bit quieter, in the future might have an exhaust shop try and make new baffles but it definitely sounds like it has some power now instead of the quiet put-put from stock.

Funny thing is that some little car(volkswagen?) tried to race me the other night and pass me, couldn't even get close lol. Why even try? A bike for one, but a bike that simply sounds fast?

It also definitely brings attention, as it's a clear head turner from people walking.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmccann View Post
    Funny thing is that some little car(volkswagen?) tried to race me the other night and pass me, couldn't even get close lol. Why even try? A bike for one, but a bike that simply sounds fast?
    My old Camaro is faster than my Dorsoduro, but probably not quite as fast as a GSXR750. I get tuner cars looking to put a notch on their belt all the time. There are a few that have serious horsepower, but it's rare to see a tuner car break the 500 hp mark.

True, but this wasn't a tuner car lol. Was definitely something family oriented. Didn't even hear it at the light. But then, what can be heard over these pipes? lol.

update: Can confirm that the fueling problem still exists, eventually. Am gonna run more seafoam and disconnect the motocorsaro.

Also, it's loud but you get used to it eventually then it's just cool loud lol.

note: I realized that for me to lift the decat up I need to loosen both clamps. Will try this over the next few days to see if I can get it seated better.
    Last edited by brandonmccann; 12-05-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234