Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mussan

apriliaforum Junkie brandonmccann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ldanny View Post
    Damn that shit sucks. I was going to order from them too...

Yeah, after this much trouble I'm afraid to say that if you want a 4 header exhaust it'll need to be made by someone else. Unfortunately I don't really know of anyone else. At this point I just want my exhaust and get it on and be done with it. I'd honestly even be happy to get my money back, but still isn't the resolution I'm after as I really do like that exhaust.

Without it I'll just end up with a Roadsitalia and a Arrow Decat, which isn't bad just not what I really wanted :/
    -----------------------------------------
    Seemingly endless conquest(WTB) for - Bazzaz Z-fi tc kit, Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, HLD Large Rear Fender, Carbon tank & ignition panels; For 2009 Shiver.
    For SALE - Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers and OEM mirrors; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Apex Clipons, 520 45T, Motocorsaro o2 Optimiser, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Accosatto clutch & brake masters, Mussan MPdemon header & decat link pipe, Skidmarx Bellypan, HLD seat cowl, Sport Screen, CRG Arrows, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Dude, I was going to retrofit some yoshi cans but I cant find anyone in Indianapolis to make a Y-pipe.. Contacted one place and they wanted $400+ materials.. WTF?!

Honestly if I could get my money back, I wonder if it would be possible to retrofit a Toce system?
    Seemingly endless conquest(WTB) for - Bazzaz Z-fi tc kit, Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, HLD Large Rear Fender, Carbon tank & ignition panels; For 2009 Shiver.
    For SALE - Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers and OEM mirrors; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Apex Clipons, 520 45T, Motocorsaro o2 Optimiser, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Accosatto clutch & brake masters, Mussan MPdemon header & decat link pipe, Skidmarx Bellypan, HLD seat cowl, Sport Screen, CRG Arrows, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Just saw on their instagram that they are sending someone's exhaust to Poland so maybe there will get yours?

Quote Originally Posted by ldanny View Post
    Just saw on their instagram that they are sending someone's exhaust to Poland so maybe there will get yours?

Thinking the same. Gonna have a chat with them real soon to see if we can get this sorted.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Did you get your exhaust yet?

Almost, exhaust is finished and my rep will be picking it up for me on Saturday. Should ship out Monday I assume.

I'll update this thread once I get 'er! Likely gonna just pay a local mechanic to install it so I don't have to go through the trouble of it.

apriliaforum expert High Country's Avatar
    So they kept your money, built your exhaust, but just don't like you? Kinda weird and frustrating, but if it comes through you'll have a heck of a story to tell about it. Plus, you're making friends around the globe (your rep).

Did you ever watch the TV show Seinfeld? The Soup Nazi? Maybe this guy is just an eccentric exhaust builder that doesn't like customers contacting him. He's backed up 6 months, so maybe he has 50 people calling him every day making it near impossible to work on actually building exhausts. It's a crazy world.
    2009 Aprilia Dosoduro 750 (Adventurized: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...893274&thumb=1)

Well, the story as it goes...

Is that there was a worker there that took a few payments(mine and the guy from poland) just before they fired him, and he ran off with that money. The shop didn't know how to proceed, so they just ignored us (me and the polish guy).

A few weeks ago the polish guy actually wrote me on facebook telling me he had hoped for me to get my exhaust (as he finally did). Turns out he too had to find a local to represent him, but it worked out for him and I received pictures of my exhaust today so I guess it worked out for me too lol.

Hoping to have it shipped DHL, should get it next week sometime if that's the case.

In the meantime, finally have all my bike parts to put my bike back together since the neighborhood kids wreck it. Gonna have it serviced next week. If time and funds allow, I'll just have the mechanic throw on the new exhaust in the service.

update:

exhaust is complete, looks great! Should be shipped out next week will post some pictures and maybe a video on here once I get it. Kinda waiting on some funds to cover the shipping costs for my rep and to purchase the new gaskets for the exhaust and the mounting bolts I will need but I'll have it very soon.

stay tuned!

Update:

Didn't get funds when last updated, but the exhaust is finally on it's way

In the meantime, I've wrote Af1 to see if I will need an undertray or not. It seems the Akra one is no longer for sale, and if nothing else I'll just wrap up some of the cabling and holes with heat shield tape I guess.

Also gonna order the gaskets that I need for the straight/decat pipe. I've found that the 50mm gasket cross references with a few Suzuki bikes, so will be ordering 2 of these:

https://www.lextekproducts.com/DWNPPGSK016

Will of course continue updating here, as well as a before/after video once I get it installed. Probably gonna install it the same day I get it unless I have work to do that day(which isn't something I can really complain about anyways lol).

Will probably take about 2 weeks to get here, so I'll post an update again around the 10th or 14th.

Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmccann View Post
    In the meantime, I've wrote Af1 to see if I will need an undertray or not. It seems the Akra one is no longer for sale, and if nothing else I'll just wrap up some of the cabling and holes with heat shield tape I guess.
    I recommend having one just to protect the underside of the tail area. I made mine out of sheet aluminum. Some have even used plastic, and not reported any melting problems.

I took a piece of cardboard, cut/fit until it looked right, then transferred the shape to aluminum. The hardest part was getting the hole in the middle of it right for the exhaust hangar. Not all exhausts hand the same, so your may need a different hole.

Search this forum for the Dorsoduro/Shiver undertray, and you will find pictures of 4-5 homemade examples.
    2009 Aprilia Dosoduro 750 (Adventurized: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...893274&thumb=1)

Contacted af1, and they said it should be fine. Both without the tray and heat tape. Id like to at least wrap up my turn signal wires with tape, though. 17.00 tape I'll look local at the auto stores to see if I can find cheaper.

I'd love to make one myself, but I don't have the tools to manufacture one or know anyone here with them

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmccann View Post
    I'd love to make one myself, but I don't have the tools to manufacture one or know anyone here with them
    Hey Brandon

You've invested thousands in your bike, now invest a hundred in some tools. You don't need much, but hard to beat in terms of financial return on investment when you can do your own maintenance. And as someone famous recently said on this forum "I love to tinker". That's part of the reason for owning a bike. And regular inspection and tinkering helps identify problems before they occur and that increases the safety of our sometime hazardous sport/hobby.
    Frodo
    2015 Shiver
    New Zealand

Making mine required very few tools (or skill, thankfully). I used a reciprocating saw with a blade for metal to cut out the plate. I used a drill with a large bit to put a hole where the mounting bracket needed to go, then used the saw through that hole to finish cutting out the rectangle. Then I used a metal file to smooth all the sharp edges.

My tray doesn't even need any mounting holes or brackets. It is held in place by the exhaust hanger.

All those tools probably cost $75 at a hardware store, or $40 at a flea market. You can find an old road sign made from aluminum at a roadside antique store for $10.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast