Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mussan

apriliaforum Junkie brandonmccann's Avatar

Mussan

So I want to ask here, has anyone heard about or ever inquired about the brand Mussan Motorsport? They are an exhaust manufacture in Malaysia that manufacture a particularly unique system for the Shiver -

There are quite a few videos on their facebook as well. I wanted to keep them my little secret until my big reveal...but before I order I want to make sure no one has heard anything bad. I will for sure be making a thread on their installation, with a before & after videos. Gonna be sick.

Anyways, all would be fine and well but I'm going to have to pay them via a western union or wire transfer. I've thought about it, and perhaps he is just not setup to use better financial services due to his location and perhaps he probably doesn't get many international orders for it to make sense to be able to accept fancy payments. Should be, but I can understand how he might not have it...

Thoughts? Will be submitting the payment tonight or early tomorrow.

System will be $700 with the decat/link pipe.
    -----------------------------------------
    Seemingly endless conquest(WTB) for - Bazzaz Z-fi tc kit, Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, HLD Large Rear Fender, Carbon tank & ignition panels; For 2009 Shiver.
    For SALE - Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers and OEM mirrors; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Apex Clipons, 520 45T, Motocorsaro o2 Optimiser, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Accosatto clutch & brake masters, Mussan MPdemon header & decat link pipe, Skidmarx Bellypan, HLD seat cowl, Sport Screen, CRG Arrows, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders.

My experience with running my Akrapović cans without the baffles, is that performance suffers from the lack of back pressure.

If you just want a loud bike and don't mind having your engine go flat from 6,500 to 8,500 RPM, go for it.
    You don't need to earn my respect.
    I give it freely.
    Whether or not you keep it is entirely up to you.

they have baffles, don't know if the ones in the video have them installed or not but the system includes them.
    Seemingly endless conquest(WTB) for - Bazzaz Z-fi tc kit, Healtech quickshifter, GLpro X gear indicator, aftermarket shock, HLD Large Rear Fender, Carbon tank & ignition panels; For 2009 Shiver.
    For SALE - Brake and Clutch Master Cylinders W/ Mad Hornet adjustable levers and OEM mirrors; From a 2009 Shiver.

2009 Aprilia Shiver; Apex Clipons, 520 45T, Motocorsaro o2 Optimiser, DNA filter and snorkel removal, Accosatto clutch & brake masters, Mussan MPdemon header & decat link pipe, Skidmarx Bellypan, HLD seat cowl, Sport Screen, CRG Arrows, LED retrofit(Opt7, Zevo, Watsen), R&G Tidy, Rosmoto Rearsets, T-Rex Sliders.

Yep, they'll be unique.
    I can't help but think of the MV Agusta triple motors that run triple pipes. Looks great and is "in keeping".
    These, not so much - in my eyes (opinion) -as in, a twin motor running out of 4 pipes. (should be 2)
    Again, just my conventional view/thinking.
    But let her rip - you'll love it!
    p.s. my ears are still ringing from my commute in this morning with the SC Projects (actually, they ring all the time) Wonder what'll happen to your ear-drums?!
    Good Luck with them! Can't wait for the 'big reveal' (?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee_750 View Post
    Yep, they'll be unique.
    I can't help but think of the MV Agusta triple motors that run triple pipes. Looks great and is "in keeping".
    These, not so much - in my eyes (opinion) -as in, a twin motor running out of 4 pipes. (should be 2)
    Again, just my conventional view/thinking.
    But let her rip - you'll love it!
    p.s. my ears are still ringing from my commute in this morning with the SC Projects (actually, they ring all the time) Wonder what'll happen to your ear-drums?!
    Good Luck with them! Can't wait for the 'big reveal' (?!)
    Lol big reveal was honestly just these exhausts. Well, there's a tinyyyyy bit more to it but they're the only thing I haven't talked about here on the forum. Just a quality writeup and video on them. Eventually a dyno! IF the motorcycle dynos ever show up to the bike shows around here again, that is...

Anyways, would that not be the same logic about a vtwin engine having a single exhaust on the side? I've always loved the look of the MV agusta exhausts and as soon as I saw these I knew they were what I wanted. I just hope they aren't god awful loud but like I said the baffles could always be out from that video; To better "Showcase" the sound, if you will. Personally I think the Shiver exhaust is a bit small sounding, for such a cool bike.

Wrote the exhaust shop, he says the volume with the baffles installed is roughly a 10-15% increase.
    Last edited by brandonmccann; 05-03-2017 at 05:50 AM.

apriliaforum expert High Country's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmccann View Post
    So I want to ask here, has anyone heard about or ever inquired about the brand Mussan Motorsport? They are an exhaust manufacture in Malaysia that manufacture a particularly unique system for the Shiver -

There are quite a few videos on their facebook as well. I wanted to keep them my little secret until my big reveal...but before I order I want to make sure no one has heard anything bad. I will for sure be making a thread on their installation, with a before & after videos. Gonna be sick.

Anyways, all would be fine and well but I'm going to have to pay them via a western union or wire transfer. I've thought about it, and perhaps he is just not setup to use better financial services due to his location and perhaps he probably doesn't get many international orders for it to make sense to be able to accept fancy payments. Should be, but I can understand how he might not have it...

Thoughts? Will be submitting the payment tonight or early tomorrow.

System will be $700 with the decat/link pipe.
    I would guess that video was completely uncorked. I really like the look and sound.

I don't even see a place to mount baffles. Maybe upstream like the GPR?

The method of purchase is pretty risky. I wouldn't do it if you can't afford to lose the money. If you can, the risk might be worth it to get something so unique. Are there other Malaysians online talking about actually receiving a set?
    2009 Aprilia Dosoduro 750 (Adventurized: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...893274&thumb=1)

Quote Originally Posted by High Country View Post
    I would guess that video was completely uncorked. I really like the look and sound.

I don't even see a place to mount baffles. Maybe upstream like the GPR?
    The method of purchase is pretty risky. I wouldn't do it if you can't afford to lose the money. If you can, the risk might be worth it to get something so unique. Are there other Malaysians online talking about actually receiving a set?
    I haven't checked malaysian forums to be honest. Though with the scarcity of Aprilia bikes I'd imagine it'd be very hard for me to track down the right guy for info. I did try and search around and didn't really find any results, other than other videos for their exhausts. Regarding the baffles they're down up in the pipes, I'm not exactly sure how you remove them? They're pretty much like the Toce systems from what I can tell...

However, I did collect a little bit of info to help with the purchase -

1) It IS an actual shop. Of course that doesn't mean anything because it's overseas and asian but it's a physical location.
    2) Reviews are kinda untrustworthy in general, and since it's a custom shop and Facebook is all I have to go for they're not much. However they all seem good?
    3) There are a few different bikes with the exhaust, and different variations of the exhaust build so I'd say he does actually make them so the exhausts at least exist.

The only scary part here is that he could very well rip me off. I can't afford it, but...I'm going to try it. These seem very neat, and I can understand having payment issues being a small asian shop. I know a retoucher who's very prominent, but because she's in Argentina paypal is a super pain for her to get her money. Perhaps for him it's a similar case? Here's a picture for the baffles -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	332099
    Last edited by brandonmccann; 05-03-2017 at 10:17 AM.

apriliaforum expert High Country's Avatar
    OK, that at least shows he makes them for more than one model of bike. He's probably just a hard working guy with talent.

I have only had experience with one guy from Malaysia (Singapore) He is a Dorsoduro owner, and he turned out to be a stand up guy. I actually sent him a message to see if he'd heard of Mussan, and to tell him Mussan is looking for a Dorsoduro to use to develop that exhaust. I'll let you know if I hear back.

The world has all kinds, but the vast majority of them are honest people. I'm sure GPR, and other small shops started out like this.
    2009 Aprilia Dosoduro 750 (Adventurized: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...893274&thumb=1)

Brandon
    Through my work I have often transferred money to Argentina. This is invariably a pain, but Argentina seems to be particularly bad. I would not assume that Malaysia would be anywhere near as difficult.
    Frodo
    2015 Shiver
    New Zealand

True but my friend only does international transactions. I think it would be understandable for someone that rarely does any international transactions to not be established for it.

Anyways, fingers crossed. Order has been officially placed. Sure hope it all turns out nice, 'twas my birthday money more or less.

yeah mate, good luck. way to be adventurous with the whole thing.
    I've done similar things on this small rock - I'm sure it'll be fine (to help give you some sort of "peace-of-mind")

They're supposed to keep me updated at each step so I will keep everyone here updated as well.

I like the MV f4 pipes

Sounds mean...sounds like a race car...might be cheaper to just take your exhaust off and run open headers lol.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    2013 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sexy Beast Tri-Color
    2008 Aprilia RSV 1000R - Sold

Lol my dad's exact words! "Yeah that sounds mean!"

My family's always had muscle cars around me so I've always loved that roar. Once I heard it I figured it would fit right in with my tastebuds!

No update from the shop yet, haven't had a phone or comp for a few days now. Will try and get an update on Monday. Hope all is good with em!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast