Thread: 2017 tuono immobilizer problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    apriliaforum newb

2017 tuono immobilizer problem

So I got my 17 tuono factory yesterday and was fiddling with the joystick and managed to mess something up it seems.

9/10 times when I turn the ignition on it asks for a personal code, I enter the code I have and I get a constant alarm notification. Something along the lines of IMMO b004, I can't remember the exact code atm. I looked in the manual and it says the immobilizer is faulty if this code comes up and you enter the code so you can drive to the dealership and get it fixed. Calling them tomorrow.

Anyone know what can be causing this or have had the same thing happen?

The bike cannot read the chip embedded within the key. There is a loop antenna around the ignition key socket. It may be faulty, out of position or not properly connected. Try the other key, just to make sure it's not a problem with the key itself.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by jump-jet View Post
    The bike cannot read the chip embedded within the key. There is a loop antenna around the ignition key socket. It may be faulty, out of position or not properly connected. Try the other key, just to make sure it's not a problem with the key itself.
    I checked the keys like you said and it seems only 1 is having this issue, I called the dealership and they had gotten an email today from Aprilia saying that they needed to do a software update along with some cable that was required.. Shouldn't be a problem so I'll do it at the 600 mile service. I would get it fixed earlier but the dealer is 3 hours away from where I live :/ Absolutely love the bike other than that part.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I think if you Dont set a code it Will always ask you for it. If you change the code it should not ask if it cannot Find the Key and that is a real fault. I havent changed mine yet and it asks me everytime

apriliaforum Member
    I have changed mine and yes it doesn't ask you anymore. The default code is 00000 but as said if using a key shouldn't require a code.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    So I got my 17 tuono factory yesterday and was fiddling with the joystick and managed to mess something up it seems.

9/10 times when I turn the ignition on it asks for a personal code, I enter the code I have and I get a constant alarm notification. Something along the lines of IMMO b004, I can't remember the exact code atm. I looked in the manual and it says the immobilizer is faulty if this code comes up and you enter the code so you can drive to the dealership and get it fixed. Calling them tomorrow.

Anyone know what can be causing this or have had the same thing happen?
    Hello,

For me code is: ALARM IMMO B0004
    1 week ago, same problem for me after washing the bike . (MY 2017 Tuono Factory)
    After drying the bike, and introduction of the 2nd keys, problem solved since.
    My dealership does not know this code and asked aprilia...
    The new for you ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1402.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	347546

i stalled the bike this morning at an intersection on my way to work and when i tried to do a quick restart it wouldnt crank.... so i rolled the bike embarrassingly to the side of the road and went through the full key turn setup and noticed that same error. I tried to input the default code since i never changed it but it did nothing. did several startup cycles but no change. How long can you ride the bike with that error as ill need to get home to get my secondary key.

also, wtf with the little joystick and trying to select and change values. anyone have a trick with that because anytime i try to push down to set a value it then switches the value and wont let me go back to change it... horrible design....

update: error was gone when i started her up later that evening. shrug

apriliaforum newb
    Issue resolved by updating the software