Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack........

Interesting questions! VR did depart the Michelin fold for Bridgestone in 2008 and the results are on Google.

Happy Columbus Day, boys!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    Would have been interesting to see how that era would have panned out using control tyres rather than the overnight specials made for one particular rider........
    To me the midnight special era places a huge asterisk next to the stats of Valentino Rossi.
    The man who makes a beast of himself rids himself of the pain of being a man. Foreword to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Your asterisk will be invisible in the record books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Just as Petrucci's podium will be............
    seesecurity.com.au

Tell you what, buy the Motocourse 2017 edition and check the Mugello MotoGP race results. If Petrucci's finish isn't mentioned I'll pay for the book. In fact, I'll bet a vegamite sammich there will be a photo of Danilo on the podium!

apriliaforum expert
    Jeez, thanks...... just when I was starting to feel important.....think I'll go drink some Drano.
    The man who makes a beast of himself rids himself of the pain of being a man. Foreword to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by 421switch View Post
    To me the midnight special era places a huge asterisk next to the stats of Valentino Rossi.
    You are probably right, after instituting the parc ferme rule for the 800cc era, he only won 19 races and two championships in the ensuring three seasons of 2007-09.

Why stop at 2009? That's like 8 seasons ago
    2013 Tuono APRC ABS
    1982 LeMans Mk3

Always leave people better than you found them!
    Ever wondered what your life would be like if you chose trust rather than fear?

Roscoe, 12 race wins and 0 championships since 2010
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

Enjoy your extra long, dark, freezing cold, winter off the motorcycle Vermont! Don't forget the Stabil!

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Here's the rest of "The One Race Wonders" since 1966, yeah I looked 'em up. Aren't you glad?

Godfrey Nash, Angelo Bergamonti, Dave Simmonds, Chas Mortimer, Kim Newcombe, Edmund Czihak, Teuvo Lansivuori, Hideo Kanaya, Mick Grant, Tom Herron, John Williams, John Newbold, Dennis Ireland, Boet van Dulmen, Michel Frutschi, Christian Sarron, Kevin Magee, Alberto Puig, Regis Laconi, Tohru Ukawa, Chris Vermeulen, Andrea Iannone

Tidbits: Godfrey Nash was the last guy to win a 500cc race on a single-cylinder, the 1969 Yugoslavian GP on a Manx Norton; Teppi Lansivuori's 500cc win came after he won the 350cc race earlier that day; Mick Grant won the Isle of Man 500cc race when it was still a World Championship event.

The guy who surprised me most by not being on the list is Graeme Crosby. He was not a 500cc winner. I would have lost money on that bet.
    The Kim Newcombe one is interesting, i watched a great doco on him, and I've seen and heard his moto GP bike he built out of an out-boat 2 stroke engine, he was leading the GP points table when he got killed, he walked the track prior to racing, and asked if some bales could be place around a dangerous pole and fence, there was a bump in the track and he though it risky, they said no, and he was killed there hitting the pole. Crosby is still around the NZ racing scene, not racing but pops up here and there, he recently released a book.
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

Interesting questions! VR did depart the Michelin fold for Bridgestone in 2008 and the results are on Google.

Happy Columbus Day, boys!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Rossi ditch Michelin because Casey was wiping his arse on Bridgestones and demanded the same rubber.....
    maybe rossi had just meet his match and was getting spanked( no pun intended) you know been gay and all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rider54 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Rossi ditch Michelin because Casey was wiping his arse on Bridgestones and demanded the same rubber.....
    maybe rossi had just meet his match and was getting spanked( no pun intended) you know been gay and all.....
    I didn't know you were gay?

Quote Originally Posted by K-Style View Post
    I didn't know you were gay?
    Haha I see what you did there, quite funny

apriliaforum expert
    Hey, what ever two Aussies do in the privacy of their own country is no business of mine. I am OK with you two.....

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast