Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack........

What's that got to do with it, he's one of the few that's actually won a gp
    seesecurity.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    What's that got to do with it, he's one of the few that's actually won a gp
    yep, and that's more than anyone on this forum!!!
    Jacks's going go ok on the Ducati, it's going to suit his riding style more...

apriliaforum expert
    When both Petrucci and Miller finish a race, who would finish better in that head to head most of the time?

I predict they will both finish a race 13 times next season with Petrucci finishing better than Miller 10 of those times.

Petrucci has fewer posts in the Politics section than us, however. Far fewer than some in fact!

His Mugello podium this year was damn impressive. To me, moreso than Miller's wet win.

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Petrucci has fewer posts in the Politics section than us, however. Far fewer than some in fact!

His Mugello podium this year was damn impressive. To me, moreso than Miller's wet win.
    NO NO NO. A Moto GP win is rare for any one other than the top 5..A win out rates a podium any day. I saw Crutchlow win at Philip Island, that was a great race by him. Wins are rare.
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

Yonny Hernandez had that thing in the bag! And then it fell out.

Without Googlin', how many single race winners in the premiere class can you name?

1. Frankie Chili, Misano 500GP, in a rider-boycotted event
    2. Simon Crafar, Donington 500GP, kicks Mick Doohan's butt in the dry...most impressive
    3. Ben Spies, MotoGP Assen, a dry win I don't recall that much about honestly!
    4. Jack Miller, MotoGP Assen, a wet crash fest

Of 'em, watching Crafar lay down the Motovudu on Mick was the gold standard!

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    probably 3 off my head, Jack, Crutchlow, and Baylis. i bet theres more. I've met Troy, he said that Moto GP win was the high light of his racing career
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

Excellent memory of Bayliss! His was a sparkling accomplishment!

Not quite excellent memory of Crutchlow, he is now a multi-race winner with two.

Oh man, Toni Elias...2006...outdragging Rossi to the finish line! Another dry race dazzler!
    Last edited by Ricardo J; 10-09-2017 at 02:18 PM.

How about František Šťastný? 1966 East German GP, on a Jawa 500.

Here's the rest of "The One Race Wonders" since 1966, yeah I looked 'em up. Aren't you glad?

Godfrey Nash, Angelo Bergamonti, Dave Simmonds, Chas Mortimer, Kim Newcombe, Edmund Czihak, Teuvo Lansivuori, Hideo Kanaya, Mick Grant, Tom Herron, John Williams, John Newbold, Dennis Ireland, Boet van Dulmen, Michel Frutschi, Christian Sarron, Kevin Magee, Alberto Puig, Regis Laconi, Tohru Ukawa, Chris Vermeulen, Andrea Iannone

Tidbits: Godfrey Nash was the last guy to win a 500cc race on a single-cylinder, the 1969 Yugoslavian GP on a Manx Norton; Teppi Lansivuori's 500cc win came after he won the 350cc race earlier that day; Mick Grant won the Isle of Man 500cc race when it was still a World Championship event.

The guy who surprised me most by not being on the list is Graeme Crosby. He was not a 500cc winner. I would have lost money on that bet.
    Last edited by Ricardo J; 10-09-2017 at 03:36 PM.

More trivia! Godfrey Nash's 1969 win prevented Italy from sweeping all 500cc wins that year, which they did in '68 and '70. The USA swept all 500cc wins in 1983 and 1984. These are the only two countries to sweep a full season. Spain came within one win of a sweep in 2013, but that Yellow Puta guy broke it up! GO ROSSI.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Oh man, Toni Elias...2006...outdragging Rossi to the finish line! Another dry race dazzler!
    Apparently Rossi was furious that Michelin had allowed Elias to use premium tyres for that race, plus he questioned his riding tactics too .

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Apparently Rossi was furious that Michelin had allowed Elias to use premium tyres for that race, plus he questioned his riding tactics too .
    Would have been interesting to see how that era would have panned out using control tyres rather than the overnight specials made for one particular rider........
    seesecurity.com.au

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast