Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack........

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Considering how he was thrown in at the deep end as an experiment and on a piss poor bike I don't think Jack's done bad at all and I'm sure he's not yet reached the peak of his abilities on a Motogp bike ..........and anyway, he's good value, so he swears or makes the odd gaff, so what? He's a bike racer, they're all slightly crazy, some more than others, and the sport is all the better for it......we need the characters otherwise it becomes like F1 with a load of PR speak, whinging, whining prima-donas trying to make a dull as dishwater series worth watching.
    Spot on Pirre, i just don't get this knocking riders all the time, or the bikes, they are what they are.
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

Jack........

Given the sacrifices Jack's folks made to help him start his riding career I'd like to see him do well in MotoGP. At 22 I hope his sponsors believe he has enough time and talent to adjust to the premier class. In the meantime I think a good result in this months Suzuka 8 hour will do him no harm at all.
    Current bikes:
    2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R600 (trackbike)

apriliaforum expert MamboItaliono's Avatar
    I was afraid sburns had blocked me until post #29

Considering how he was thrown in at the deep end as an experiment and on a piss poor bike I don't think Jack's done bad at all and I'm sure he's not yet reached the peak of his abilities on a Motogp bike ..........and anyway, he's good value, so he swears or makes the odd gaff, so what? He's a bike racer, they're all slightly crazy, some more than others, and the sport is all the better for it......we need the characters otherwise it becomes like F1 with a load of PR speak, whinging, whining prima-donas trying to make a dull as dishwater series worth watching.
    Correct, correct and correct PP.
    i thort Jack was on cal's bike from last year, but according to a mate, who's on social media with a bunch of guys in the know, apparently not, and we know the honda's got issues this year still.
    myself I'm looking forward to jack on the Ducati, as I think it will suit his riding style, and the satellite duke doesn't seem like bad bike.
    And for sure we need lots of interesting characters in the sport, F1 to PC....bike racing always has been more un PC and so it should....

apriliaforum Junkie
    Jack to ride for Pramac next year.
    Another Aussie with a bit of mongrel to try and tame a Ducati.
    03 Tuono. 00 inlet boot, K&n filter, Derestricted, Akra 2-2 exhaust, PCIII/USB, Acculign rear sets, MSS bellypan, CRG LS mirrors, zero gravity screen,Forged Aluminium Marchesini Wheels, Rizoma led indicators.

DOWN UNDER
    THUNDER

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Be interesting to see where Scott Redding lands, I don't think he's out of that paddock just yet....maybe back to MVDS, Michael Bartollamy is still his manager I think, and when he left them previously it was on good terms, so that's a foot halfway in the door......although Honda no doubt have a say, and if it did happen I suspect it would be a short contract tho' because they are still trying to groom Alex Marquez for Motogp.

Otherwise maybe to Avintia? His contract at the mo is direct with the Ducati factory so they may place him in a lesser team rather than boot him out altogether.

No chance of the second seat at LCR if it ever materialises, Luccio has made it clear that whoever comes has to bring sponsorship money and I doubt Scott has that sort of personal backing.

And we have another one.

miller-breaks-leg-in-training-crash-will-miss-motegi

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2017
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

apriliaforum expert
    Three rounds in the next 27 days. Wonder if he will miss all three flyaway races, and who might fill in for him.

At this point I would think the post-Valencia test would be the most important thing to ensure he is healthy to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider54 View Post
    Correct, correct and correct PP.
    i thort Jack was on cal's bike from last year, but according to a mate, who's on social media with a bunch of guys in the know, apparently not, and we know the honda's got issues this year still.
    myself I'm looking forward to jack on the Ducati, as I think it will suit his riding style, and the satellite duke doesn't seem like bad bike.
    And for sure we need lots of interesting characters in the sport, F1 to PC....bike racing always has been more un PC and so it should....
    2015 Miller was on the LCR Open class Honda while Cal rode the "factory".
    2016 Miller rode the Marc VDS "factory" while Cal rode a more current spec "factory". Cal complained he wasn't getting full support then quickly changed his story a week later (I assume he was told to shut up).
    Cal preferred a different chassis than Marc and Pedrosa. Miller and Rabat got to test that chassis at the pre 2017 season Valencia tests and it was a marked improvment according to reports.
    2017 Miller's last HRC contract year. Supposedly 2017 chassis but Jack complained a little while back that they hadn't and weren't getting updates.

Hopefully his leg heals up nicely before Phillip Island.

Not sure if 2 more weeks will give enough healing time.
    2013 Tuono APRC ABS
    1982 LeMans Mk3

Always leave people better than you found them!
    Ever wondered what your life would be like if you chose trust rather than fear?

Jackass has a lot of talent and perhaps not enough focus to harness it to best effect. Who wouldn't like a fast-ish bike, a decent paycheck, and stealing Scott Redding's girlfriend? Fair enough haul.

Meh, I'm sure I'll get flamed by the Ozzies, and probably well so. I would be proud if we had an American in the championship right now, too. That said, Jack made the jump too early. Can't blame him. I would have too if I'd been given the opportunity. But all that aside, he's just not the caliber of rider that can compete at the highest level. Maybe if he had developed through the ranks he'd be better, but I'm not sure the tenacity that he showed in Moto3 does him any good on a second tier bike. Trying harder just doesn't get you to the top of the ladder in MotoGP.
    I find tinsel very distracting.

I tend to agree. He's missing a certain something, time is running out, and without him we have no one else in the ranks, I think that is why Aussies cling to Jack, a glimmer of hope rather than us being true believers. We can blame equipment, runs of bad luck etc but that would also apply to far more in the current field than just Jack.

I'm still hoping he makes good friends with the Ducati and that is his turning point, but I'd not be willing to put money on it.
    2013 Tuono APRC ABS
    1982 LeMans Mk3

Always leave people better than you found them!
    Ever wondered what your life would be like if you chose trust rather than fear?

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Well he's moving to a good team with strong factory links, which has got to be better than where he is now with MVDS and their low status in the Honda pecking order. If he gels with the Ducati who knows what he might be capable of?

Well he's moving to a good team with strong factory links, which has got to be better than where he is now with MVDS and their low status in the Honda pecking order. If he gels with the Ducati who knows what he might be capable of?
    And the "Aus Style" seems to work with Ducatis, both Superbikes and GP. I suspect it's because the Ducatis steer like shit, but when you are steering off the back wheel it doesn't matter.

Saying that, all the obs' re Jack needing to deliver are absolutely fair and reasonable.
    Gen 1 Tuono - On loan to a friend who will ride her.
    Tuono V4
    CBR954RR Trackie
    Vespa GTS300 - Sold to a family who will love her.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast