Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: Novice Racer

  1. #16
    apriliaforum Junkie aftriathlete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Great American Southwest
    Posts
    380
    The black R1 with the red helmet screaming up the left side was at fault. If he hadn't slammed into the two other guys he wouldn't have even kept his bike on the track, that turn is a 180 deg hairpin.
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

  2. #17
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by aftriathlete View Post
    And here's the brand new expert on brand new R1 going full retard into Turn 1. One of the guys he took out is a 63 yo expert that had to go get his collarbone plated back together after.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EFLb8HO63Cg
    yeash... that org starts experts behind novices?

  3. #18
    apriliaforum Junkie aftriathlete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Great American Southwest
    Posts
    380
    Nope, this was an Expert race. Black R1 and red helmet was just a brand new expert, he took a couple experts down with him in this crash.
    2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike

  4. #19
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by aftriathlete View Post
    Nope, this was an Expert race. Black R1 and red helmet was just a brand new expert, he took a couple experts down with him in this crash.
    wow thats not an expert type crash. Total survival reaction.

  5. #20
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,085
    A little motivational flick.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglLi6nZnZU
    Current rigs:

    '16 Tuono RR -street
    '13 RSV4 -race
    '13 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
    '13 Yamaha WR450F
    '12 GSXR 600 - race
    '07 GSXR 750 - race
    '03 KDX 200
    '17 Tao Tao Hellcat - pit bike

  6. #21
    Administrator Ted / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    AF1 Racing
    Posts
    1,707
    All these vids are awesome, does the embed video button not work? that little guy:

    Name:  embed.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  26.9 KB

  7. #22
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    CARROLLTON, TX
    Posts
    983
    Nice Rich!

    I got my CMRA with Jim at Sport Rider Coaching as well but haven't done anything with it as of yet.

    Just got my RSV4 (traded in the Tuono 1100 RF) so I am still adjusting to the power and have not had the chance to hit MSR/ECR up yet. John got my slicks to me yesterday so I need to have them put on.

    If you did the first endurance race of the year you probably saw a lot of my friends out there on their R6. Good times.

    --Randy
    2011 RSV4 FACTORY SE
    2003 CBR600RR - TRACK BIKE

  8. #23
    apriliaforum Member Richd748's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by ranman03 View Post
    Nice Rich!

    I got my CMRA with Jim at Sport Rider Coaching as well but haven't done anything with it as of yet.

    Just got my RSV4 (traded in the Tuono 1100 RF) so I am still adjusting to the power and have not had the chance to hit MSR/ECR up yet. John got my slicks to me yesterday so I need to have them put on.

    If you did the first endurance race of the year you probably saw a lot of my friends out there on their R6. Good times.

    --Randy
    Looking forward to meeting you at the track. I am going to Hallett to endurance race this month and hope to sprint the RSV4 in June. Some friends and I are going to TWS next weekend, you should come out.

  9. #24
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    CARROLLTON, TX
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Richd748 View Post
    Looking forward to meeting you at the track. I am going to Hallett to endurance race this month and hope to sprint the RSV4 in June. Some friends and I are going to TWS next weekend, you should come out.
    Went to Hallett for the first time a few weeks ago... what a blast. I am jealous that track is a lot of fun.

    My RSV4 will be getting a set of slicks put on Monday but my new fairings wont be here for a few more weeks. I will take it out but i don't want to really push and wreck the OEM fairings.

    At Hallett I broke the OEM rearset gear shift on my CBR and waiting on my Bonamici's to come in for it so it isn't really an option right now.

    Mexico all week of the 15th-19th and planning on going to MSR Saturday the 20th... not sure if you are a MSR member??

    Either way, yes it would be good to meet you. I am sure we will bump into each other sooner or later. lol

    --Randy
    2011 RSV4 FACTORY SE
    2003 CBR600RR - TRACK BIKE

  10. #25
    apriliaforum expert flobrandx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    585
    Best of luck to you guys (Rich & ranman03) in your races this year.

    So far my Novice season hasn't panned out... took my RSV4 in for suspension rebuild and valve check but during the valve check there were major issues found in the valve train. From what I was told the valve check that was done last year must have not been done well since there were 2 valves over 2x out of spec and had a broken side of a link on the timing chain and severe wear in other places...needless to say my bike wasn't ready for round 1 and I'm missing round 2 this weekend. Should have the bike back today or tomorrow...

    I was able to get my Novice license on a rental Kawi 250. What a blast to ride. Nothing better than passing a Panigale in a corner on a 250! I watched the Novices race that weekend and was sad but glad to see my last years lap times were fast enough to take first if all went well. We shall see @ round 3 what the lap times and competition look like.
    2010 RSV4 Factory
    2006 Paul Smart LE
    2014 Beta 520 RS
    2012 Panigale Tricolore - Sold

  11. #26
    apriliaforum Member Richd748's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by flobrandx View Post
    Best of luck to you guys (Rich & ranman03) in your races this year.

    So far my Novice season hasn't panned out... took my RSV4 in for suspension rebuild and valve check but during the valve check there were major issues found in the valve train. From what I was told the valve check that was done last year must have not been done well since there were 2 valves over 2x out of spec and had a broken side of a link on the timing chain and severe wear in other places...needless to say my bike wasn't ready for round 1 and I'm missing round 2 this weekend. Should have the bike back today or tomorrow...

    I was able to get my Novice license on a rental Kawi 250. What a blast to ride. Nothing better than passing a Panigale in a corner on a 250! I watched the Novices race that weekend and was sad but glad to see my last years lap times were fast enough to take first if all went well. We shall see @ round 3 what the lap times and competition look like.
    Good luck to you also, let us know how you do once your back up and running. My endurance race for this coming weekend was almost canned due to main owner not being able to make it out. Another teammate wanted to continue, offered his bike, and we put together another team. Just had to come up with a new team name and number. Here is our pit board.



    Name:  83 number board.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  97.2 KB

    Not sure about other RSV4 owners but mine has horrible head shake coming down from a wheelie and on small bumps. New to me ohlins steering damper should be here this week, so hopefully that fixes it. Have to get this sorted out before sprinting it this year.

  12. #27
    apriliaforum expert flobrandx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    585
    Love the new team name!

    i don't have any head shake issues but have an Ohlins damper.
    2010 RSV4 Factory
    2006 Paul Smart LE
    2014 Beta 520 RS
    2012 Panigale Tricolore - Sold

  13. #28
    apriliaforum Member amok's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    straya
    Posts
    196
    Epic stuff
    2016 Tuono 1100 RR
    2015 S1000RR

  14. #29
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Richd748 View Post
    Not sure about other RSV4 owners but mine has horrible head shake coming down from a wheelie and on small bumps. New to me ohlins steering damper should be here this week, so hopefully that fixes it. Have to get this sorted out before sprinting it this year.
    watching the MotoAmerica races at VIR last weekend... you could see some guys purposely riding wheelies or floating the front over rough portions of the track.

  15. #30
    apriliaforum expert Hellgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    AUSTX
    Posts
    7,502
    Hands light on the bars help with head shake. A dead grip only makes it worse.

    My R6 has an Ohlins SD and shakes it's head at times. Just know when it happens and go with the flow.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Pete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mille for Novice racer?
    By (diet)DrThunder in forum Aprilia Privateer / Club Racing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 02:58 PM
  2. Any racers who also ride on the street?
    By starr in forum RSV1000 Mille, Mille R, and Mille SP (1998-2003)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 07:43 PM
  3. Novice to the Mille, but no coward...
    By Panthro03 in forum Aprilia Owner's Pictures, Videos, and Sounds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2003, 03:04 PM
  4. Attn Racers CMRRA Formula 80cc Big Wheel legal HONDA RS80 FS
    By CFC Motosports in forum RS50 Technical
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 02:27 PM
  5. Please help an RS 316 racer understand these scooters!
    By Duc995 in forum Scarabeo 50, SR50, Mojito 50, Rally, Fly 50
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •